irishstuey
    irishstuey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1654

auburn leading receiver suspended

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=12092542

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Didnt read, but if its Sammy Coates thats big, he'll go no later than the 2nd round.

irishstuey

Duke williams.

jtoler

Just read its not Sammy Coates, Duke isnt as big a blow if you ask me, Sammy is their big play guy.

Brutus84
    Brutus84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

duke williams

Semper Fidelis
    Semper Fidelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9220

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Just read its not Sammy Coates, Duke isnt as big a blow if you ask me, Sammy is their big play guy.
    If it were Sammy Coates that would be huge, no doubt - he's certainly their big-play guy - but ask any Auburn fan and they'll tell you they'd rather have Duke; he's much more consistent and comes up clutch when they need a crucial 1st down to keep drives going. There's a reason he's their top receiver (even after missing a few games due to injury).

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Semper Fidelis View Post
    If it were Sammy Coates that would be huge, no doubt - he's certainly their big-play guy - but ask any Auburn fan and they'll tell you they'd rather have Duke; he's much more consistent and comes up clutch when they need a crucial 1st down to keep drives going. There's a reason he's their top receiver (even after missing a few games due to injury).
    Yea he does catch alot more balls, think Sammy's been hurt too some, for some reason though if I were betting against AU Sammy just scares me more, 6-2 200 lbs, bench 405, 44 inch vertical, 4.25 in the 40. But youre right Duke keeps drives alive while Sammy is the long guy.

irishstuey

The guy did avg around 15 a catch. Coates is a freak when healthy.

SilverTongueFox
    SilverTongueFox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5303

Take your pick. Coates & Duke both stud WRs and losing either one is a big loss to AU passing game. Marshall certainly has improved as a passer but having both of these guys has helped. Marshall wasn't nearly as effective throwing when Duke was out due to injury. The story isn't which one is out bc both are really good and capable. The story is missing either one hurts AUs passing game. The defense can double or roll coverage to one side now providing some help. Hard to do that with both on the field.

Something else to think about it. Coates has already declared for NFL draft. He's a competitor so I'm sure he will be going full speed and try and show out. But it's something to think about if he's going to give max effort with already declaring for NFL. Maybe he doesn't go full speed or lay out for one or risk his body across the middle.

Both òf these could have big impact on the AU passing game in the bowl.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Having both of them on the field opens everything up. Who do you double? The run game is better.....This was gonna be a big play on Auburn. Now it will have to be scaled back just a bit.