Fat_Stax
    Fat_Stax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1002

Monday 12/29 Bowl Games

3 games today, what is everyone's thoughts?

Texas A&M/West Virginia
    Oklahoma/Clemson
    Arkansas/Texas

Fat_Stax

First game: Texas A&M vs. West Virginia
    Strength of schedule is significantly different here in my opinion. A&M lost all 5 of their games to 5 pretty strong SEC teams, 3 of which were in the top 10 (Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Alabama). Then, WVU surprised Baylor with their only loss, but turned around and lost to TCU, Texas, and Kansas State. WVU lost their starting QB Trickett, who wasn't fantastic but took 95% of the snaps this year. Back up played well against Iowa State... IOWA STATE. Not sure how he will perform against a little more out together A&M squad. Line is down into the 2 range with potential to maybe even drop to 1 or 1.5. So who wins this game?

wufpakman21
    wufpakman21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3649

IMO, it's best to either stay away or live bet this one. WV is the "tougher" team. And if they had their starting QB I'd say pick them. But with the backup starting who knows what they'll do. TexAM is gonna score points. Can WV, with their backup match them?

u21c3f6
    u21c3f6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5198

I will be attending the OK/Clemson game. I think OK is the better team and the line has been slowly creeping up.

Joe.

ringemup
    ringemup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3171

Today I am looking at the OKLAHOMA- CLEMSON MATCHUP as Oklahoma comes in as a 4.5 point favorite currently. I like Oklahoma here to cover and win this one due to several reasons. While Clemson does come into this game with the statistically-ranked No.1 Defense in the country and plays fast on that side of the ball, I do think Oklahoma can neutralize Clemson a bit because of their excellent play up front and not only that but Venables is the D-coordinator for Clemson and Stoops and co. know how to play chess against this guy having been around his defensive gameplanning for over 11 years. Same could be said about Venables knowing Oklahoma's offense but they have likely tweaked their Offense since he left.

The key factor I like here is that QB D. Watson for Clemson is out and if he were playing I may have switched my lean to Clemson but without him under center the offense for the inconsistent Clemson offense becomes even more stagnant. The way I see it Oklahoma will focus on loading the box while daring Stoudt to beat them through the air. Oklahoma is good against the run so I can see them making 3rd and longs for Stoudt for much of the game. While their secondary has struggled of late I think some time off and preparation will help the Sooners secondary come back to life and if anything their performance vs Alabama last year is an indication they are capable of bouncing back in a big way. WIthout the dual threat Watson provides Clemson becomes almost anemic, and could be disastrous if Stoudt makes bad decisions leading to short fields for Oklahoma.

On the other side Oklahoma simply has more weapons in RB Perine, WR Shepard and while it wont be easy because Clemson plays pretty good defense I think in the end the ineptitude of Clemson's ability to move the ball will put too much pressure on their vaunted defense and eventually Oklahoma will break through for some scores pulling away.
    Take the Oklahoma Sooners for the cover and 2nd consecutive bowl win. GL

Sooners -4.5 20 unit play BIG

irishstuey
    irishstuey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1654

I'm on A&M -3.5 +160 half unit play. I figure it's probably a toss up game. Good chance the back up makes a ciritcal error and I cover.

mp5070
    The Michael Scott Company
    mp5070's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7789

Cosbytherapist
    Cosbytherapist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Chokelahoma shouldn't be favored against anyone. Those are my thoughts. They lost to OK st who is awful. Stoops is the Marvin Lewis of college.

Fat_Stax

Oklahoma and Clemson I was looking into the under. Clemson's starter is out correct? Oklahoma .. You never know which team will show up. Going into it one game at a time though. A&M and WVU may have to be a second half kind of game for me to have any confidence, but deep down I just want to say WVU won't score enough to keep up with A&M.

Cosbytherapist
    Cosbytherapist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Told you so chokelahoma doing what they do best

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

Quote Originally Posted by Cosbytherapist View Post
    Told you so chokelahoma doing what they do best
    At +3 you had to think for a second. At +6.5 taking Clemson was automatic. Wish I'd have come to the forums sooner to post this...sorry to all the Oklahoma backers.

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

Quote Originally Posted by ringemup View Post
    Today I am looking at the OKLAHOMA- CLEMSON MATCHUP as Oklahoma comes in as a 4.5 point favorite currently. I like Oklahoma here to cover and win this one due to several reasons. While Clemson does come into this game with the statistically-ranked No.1 Defense in the country and plays fast on that side of the ball, I do think Oklahoma can neutralize Clemson a bit because of their excellent play up front and not only that but Venables is the D-coordinator for Clemson and Stoops and co. know how to play chess against this guy having been around his defensive gameplanning for over 11 years. Same could be said about Venables knowing Oklahoma's offense but they have likely tweaked their Offense since he left.

The key factor I like here is that QB D. Watson for Clemson is out and if he were playing I may have switched my lean to Clemson but without him under center the offense for the inconsistent Clemson offense becomes even more stagnant. The way I see it Oklahoma will focus on loading the box while daring Stoudt to beat them through the air. Oklahoma is good against the run so I can see them making 3rd and longs for Stoudt for much of the game. While their secondary has struggled of late I think some time off and preparation will help the Sooners secondary come back to life and if anything their performance vs Alabama last year is an indication they are capable of bouncing back in a big way. WIthout the dual threat Watson provides Clemson becomes almost anemic, and could be disastrous if Stoudt makes bad decisions leading to short fields for Oklahoma.

On the other side Oklahoma simply has more weapons in RB Perine, WR Shepard and while it wont be easy because Clemson plays pretty good defense I think in the end the ineptitude of Clemson's ability to move the ball will put too much pressure on their vaunted defense and eventually Oklahoma will break through for some scores pulling away.
    Take the Oklahoma Sooners for the cover and 2nd consecutive bowl win. GL

Sooners -4.5 20 unit play BIG
    Whoopsie

tcarn01
    Shockers!!!!!
    tcarn01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 595

Thanks ringemup
    Wtf man