Isaiah
    Isaiah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6957

Pelini Ripped Nebraska's AD in last talk with players

OMAHA, Neb. (AP) - On the day he was introduced as Youngstown State's new head coach, the ugly nature of Bo Pelini's departure from Nebraska was revealed.
    Pelini, who was fired on Nov. 30, lambasted Nebraska athletic director Shawn Eichorst in a profanity-filled talk during his final meeting with his players. The Omaha World-Herald on Wednesday reported that it obtained an audiotape of Pelini's address to the players on Dec. 2 at a Lincoln high school.

The university said in a statement that if the audiotape is authentic, ''it only reaffirms the decision that he should no longer be a leader of young men at Nebraska.''

The World-Herald reported that Pelini used two vulgarities for female genitalia in reference to Eichorst. There were other instances of profanity on the audio.

The Associated Press News Service

What a class act.

Isaiah

University of Nebraska's response:

"The University of Nebraska is in receipt of what appears to be a transcript of remarks delivered by former football coach Bo Pelini. These remarks to student-athletes were allegedly made during a non-official team meeting at a local high school, held two days after his termination. At this time, the University cannot authenticate the transcript nor do we have an audio version of the remarks.

"If these comments were, indeed, spoken by Mr. Pelini, we are extremely disappointed, but it only reaffirms the decision that he should no longer be a leader of young men at Nebraska. His habitual use of inappropriate language, and his personal and professional attacks on administrators, are antithetical to the values of our university. His behavior is consistent with a pattern of unprofessional, disrespectful behavior directed by Mr. Pelini toward the passionate fans of Nebraska, employees of the university and, most concerning, our student-athletes. This behavior is not tolerated at the University of Nebraska and, among many other concerns, played a role in his dismissal.

"Any assertions that the campus or athletics administration was not supportive of our student-athletes and our football program are flat-out false and are contradicted by the facts.

"We are grateful that the new leadership in our football program is aligned with our values and will establish that you can be successful at Nebraska and that you can do it with integrity and class."

irishstuey
    irishstuey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1654

To be fair... Eichorst is a bum. Pelini is an asshat. Nebraska fans are still living in the 90's. It's not coming back ladies and gents.

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

I say good for him!

Isaiah

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    I say good for him!
    Must disagree with you Urban. Even if a person feels that way he needs to conduct himself with professionalism and show some class as an example for the players who idolize coaches. He is on a big stage.

It is yet another example of why America has become a country with such a toxic culture. "I'M ENTITLED" Adults behaving as filthy mouthed spoiled children when things don't go their way. The University of Nebraska gave this moron a great opportunity and paid him almost $20 million over 7 years and he flips them off (did the same to one of the most loyal fan bases in the nation last year) as he leaves. It really exposes his true character - a real low rent slob with money. If it wasn't for ESPN changing the milieu of college sports, i.e. huge $$$, Pelini would have been teaching high school PE in some shit hole ghetto for 25k a year. Good riddance.
    Last edited by Isaiah; 12-18-14 at 01:35 AM.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    I say good for him!
    i agree. They did Bo wrong.

53 defense
    53 defense's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5233

True, the way Bo handled it was not the way you do things, and that's one of the reasons why he'll never get another big time job. The AD should go too, new broom sweeps clean you know, he has an odor about him as well. New guy will do good job of re-inventing that program. Riley is a true structure man, he will tune up that program in a stable environment, getting rid of that Mickey Mouse Bull Shit that has been associated with the program under Pellini. True 8 wins a year isn't that bad for Youngstown State so Bo should do well there. Fact is, he is not a big time, nor big game coach. Can't respect a clown..............

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

These college kids are 18+ years old.....Bo treats them as Adults and gives respect where it is deserved...Go Bo

Isaiah

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    These college kids are 18+ years old.....Bo treats them as Adults and gives respect where it is deserved...Go Bo
    Respect for his players thanks for the laugh!!!

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24938

Nothing shocking here. Bo is who we thought he was... a total jagoff. This attitude that it's "always someone else's fault" is part of the Pelini legacy, as is his foul mouth and disdain for people who don't stroke his precious ego.

Does everybody remember the audio tape leaked a year or two ago of Pelini's comments following the Ohio State game in 2011? "It took everything in my power not to say 'f\*\*k you, fans. f\*\*k all of you.' f\*\*k 'em. Our crowd... what a bunch of fvcking, fair-weather fvcking... they can all kiss my ass out the fvcking door. 'Cause the day is fvcking coming now. We'll see what they can do when I'm fvcking gone. I'm so fvcking pissed."

And that was all following a profanity laced tirade against at least two staff member members from the Omaha World Herald.

Pelini is a joke of coach who earned his rep as a defensive guru only when he had All-America talent at his disposal, at both LSU, and when he first took over at Nebraska. Sure, he looked good when he was coaching guys like Ndamukong Suh, Jared Crick, Prince Amukamara, Alfonzo Dennard, Dejon Gomes, Eric Hagg etc. (guys he didn't even recruit).

Bottom line is... why bother with these mediocre seasons with a total douchebag at the helm, when we can achieve mediocrity with virtually anyone else with a pulse?

I actually expected this. I already knew when Pelini was terminated that he was going to turn his ire to Shawn Eichorst and probably have some colorful language to express it. The only question was whether or not somebody would capture the audio or not. Well, turns out somebody has. The guy is a fvcking neanderthal and looks like an AIDS stricken Mr. Potato Head to boot.

Knock yourselves out, Youngstown St. Good riddance!
    Last edited by Eddy Munny; 12-18-14 at 10:10 PM.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Have you ever played a Sport? LOL.....he yelled at a guy who made a mistake...
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah View Post
    Respect for his players thanks for the laugh!!!

irishstuey
    irishstuey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1654

I'm gonnna miss this a hole. It was fun watching husker fans, split 50/50 on him, tear each other apart.