Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Paul Cryst to the Badgers

Look for University of Pittsburgh football coach Paul Cryst a former player, tight ends coach and offensive coordinator at Wisconsin to be named the Badgers’ new head coach after the departure of Gary Andersen for the Oregon State job.

TheHumanTripod
    TheHumanTripod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 109

would like to see it

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Makes sense. He would have had the job already when fatty jumped ship to Arkansas had Bielema been upfront about it.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

wisconsin coach left? why

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    wisconsin coach left? why
    Scared of big time competition.

Isaiah
    Isaiah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6957

Seahawks Offensive Coordinator Darrell Bevell would be an outstanding hire for Wisconsin. If he doesn't end up at Wisky he will be Head Coach either the Jets, Raiders or 49ers next season.

Urbanwildlife

I totally agree with you and would probably be the best hire for the Badgers.

Urbanwildlife

I guess I called this one:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/12018668/wisconsin-badgers-hire-pittsburgh-head-coach-paul-chryst

Here is the story that was in the link I initially posted:

Report: Paul Chryst to Wisconsin

Updated: December 12, 2014, 1:41 AM ET
    ESPN.com news services

Former Wisconsin assistant and current Pittsburgh coach Paul Chryst is poised to become the Badgers' new head coach, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported Thursday night, citing a source.
    Chryst would replace Gary Andersen, who shocked the Badgers by leaving the school after two seasons to take the head coaching job at Oregon State.

Chryst is in his third season as Pitt's coach, with an overall record of 19-19. He was hired in Dec. 2011 to replace Todd Graham, who bolted for Arizona State after less than a year on the job. That made him Pitt's fourth coach in 13 months, following Dave Wannstedt, Mike Haywood and Graham, who left for the Sun Devils following a 6-6 season.

This would mark a return for the Madison native, who was a quarterback for the Badgers from 1986-88, served as the Badgers' tight ends coach in 2002 and oversaw the offense from 2005-11. His résumé also includes a stint as tight ends coach with the San Diego Chargers from 1999-2001 and assistant coaching positions with Oregon State, Illinois State and UW-Platteville.

As Oregon State's offensive coordinator, he oversaw a 2003 Beavers squad that became the first team in NCAA Division I history to have a 4,000-yard passer, 1,500-yard rusher and two 1,000-yard receivers.
    The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Last edited by Urbanwildlife; 12-12-14 at 12:53 AM.

Isaiah

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    I guess I called this one:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/12018668/wisconsin-badgers-hire-pittsburgh-head-coach-paul-chryst

Here is the story that was in the link I initially posted:

Report: Paul Chryst to Wisconsin

Updated: December 12, 2014, 1:41 AM ET
    ESPN.com news services

Former Wisconsin assistant and current Pittsburgh coach Paul Chryst is poised to become the Badgers' new head coach, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported Thursday night, citing a source.
    Chryst would replace Gary Andersen, who shocked the Badgers by leaving the school after two seasons to take the head coaching job at Oregon State.

Chryst is in his third season as Pitt's coach, with an overall record of 19-19. He was hired in Dec. 2011 to replace Todd Graham, who bolted for Arizona State after less than a year on the job. That made him Pitt's fourth coach in 13 months, following Dave Wannstedt, Mike Haywood and Graham, who left for the Sun Devils following a 6-6 season.

This would mark a return for the Madison native, who was a quarterback for the Badgers from 1986-88, served as the Badgers' tight ends coach in 2002 and oversaw the offense from 2005-11. His résumé also includes a stint as tight ends coach with the San Diego Chargers from 1999-2001 and assistant coaching positions with Oregon State, Illinois State and UW-Platteville.

As Oregon State's offensive coordinator, he oversaw a 2003 Beavers squad that became the first team in NCAA Division I history to have a 4,000-yard passer, 1,500-yard rusher and two 1,000-yard receivers.
    The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Nice call.

I'm not a Wisky guy so I guess I'm missing something. Looking at Chyrst's career record I'm underwhelmed (19-19 I think) and he underachieved at Pittsburgh. His being born in Madison and coaching there etc. counts for a lot I suppose. But still...Just seems like Wisconsin could do better.

Darrell Bevell would have been a major coup but who knows what is going on behind the scenes with him. Maybe he wasn't interested and knows he is in line for an NFL gig. We shall see soon enough since lots of NFL HC jobs will be opening up after the season ends.

Urbanwildlife

I am not a Wisconsin fan either, and I really do not have a favorite team other than the one covering the spread. I would classify myself just as a fan of College Football, as I really do not follow one particular team.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

i got to see this clown for 3 straight years, how you could go 19-19 and be promoted is beyond me, i thought there was a chance he was going to be canned before he won the last 2 games, bevell would have been a better choice if they wanted a wisconsin guy

Isaiah

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    i got to see this clown for 3 straight years, how you could go 19-19 and be promoted is beyond me, i thought there was a chance he was going to be canned before he won the last 2 games, bevell would have been a better choice if they wanted a wisconsin guy
    Don't think it is officially a done deal yet. Alvarez interviewed Greg Schiano down in Florida a few days ago so stayed tuned. http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...for-wisconsin/ Between the two Schiano would be the better hire.

This "gotta be a Wisconsin guy" or whatever school is crap. Who cares where a guy played football 25 years ago if he can coach. Alabama ruined their football program for decades doing the same nonsense with the "he played for Bear Bryant" criteria when hiring, and then firing, head coaches. Ridiculous.

Agree with you completely about Chyrst. He's horsesh*t. Pittsburgh is a great job and he did nothing with the opportunity he was given. Pittsburgh fans should be elated to get rid of him if he goes.