Jasonal_98
    Jasonal_98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

ESPN Promoting Hawaii Bowl

Ok, so I have The Herd on ESPNU while wrapping presents. They did a promo during a radio Sportscenter for the Hawaii Bowl. Keep in mind this was a live promo. . .and they mentioned Nevada's 3 1000 yard rushers going against SMU. Maybe an attempt to push the uninformed toward taking Nevada and giving up the points? It makes me wonder if there is a connection, because ESPN knows better.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

They were promoting it during the Pointsettia Bowl last night as well and also mentioned the three rushers.

Two of them are not playing, though.

I don't think it will have a major impact because running backs are largely interchangeable.

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14876

Was Cowherd on? Who is he going with?

JUSTWINBABY
    JUSTWINBABY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Ive said this now for a couple years, The Media is a shill, bought and paid for by the books to sway the public...USA Today also will do it.

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonal_98 View Post
    Ok, so I have The Herd on ESPNU while wrapping presents. They did a promo during a radio Sportscenter for the Hawaii Bowl. Keep in mind this was a live promo. . .and they mentioned Nevada's 3 1000 yard rushers going against SMU. Maybe an attempt to push the uninformed toward taking Nevada and giving up the points? It makes me wonder if there is a connection, because ESPN knows better.
    No, the idiots at ESPN don't know better. The promo probably was written two weeks ago, when the teams were announced. What do you want them to say, "Tune in so we can have more viewers than spectators?"

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11162

Well they didn't say that all 3 would play but merely mentioned that Nevada had 3 thousand yard rushers. It's all about promoting.

Cowherd was off today and 2 other guys did the sizzlin 7 but only 1 college game. They split on USC/BC game. Both guys are splitting on every pick just about. What good is it to a degenerate listening to both guys arguing both sides?

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTWINBABY View Post
    Ive said this now for a couple years, The Media is a shill, bought and paid for by the books to sway the public...USA Today also will do it.

I can't disagree with you........

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

WFAN did the same thing.

They said Nevada-SMU tonight, and Nevada is the first team ever with three 1,000 yard rushers.

They also failed to mention that two of them are out.

Then again, as I was saying, the amount of yards came mostly from the scheme and the blocking, not because the runners are otherworldly talents. They have other RBs who will do fine, I'm sure.

SmackdownV
    SmackdownV's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

SMU and the points.....

Rule #4.

Always FADE ESPN...................

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

Cowherd wasn't on himself.... he had two clowns who every 10 minutes kept talking about whether to start Big Ben or P. Manning in Fantasy.... Those guys won't get a return gig