thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

any chance tcu and baylor both get in the playoffs

Both teams have very manageable schedules left. If Miss St loses both at Bama and at Ole Miss, then PAC12 gets one (ORE/ASU), if FSU gets beat, this seems like a real possibility.

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

The bigger issue is what if they both win out and only one can get in? TCU is ranked higher, yet Baylor beat them and would win the Big 12 Conference.

I think Baylor will move up to number 6 in the polls after this weekend. Likely one of the SEC teams ahead of them will be knocked out and they would need either Oregon or FSU to lose.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

ya baylor has the worse loss of the two teams but tcus loss is to baylor and would cost them the conference title, this could be the first controversy of the playoff era. I'm thinking the u beats fsu saturday and the acc would be completely done. if miss st wins saturday, they are a virtual lock for the playoffs (bama would be with 2 losses). Still a lot to shake out, but these two look good to finish with one loss only.

Wilfred
    Wilfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

Even if Florida State loses to the U which I think is 50/50 I still think they would get in as a 1 loss ACC champion over a second 1 loss Big 12 team who didn't have to play in a championship game. Not sure if the committee would forgive by Buckeyes loss considering the circumstances, but the 2nd might need them to lose too, I think we'll find out where they stand on them Tuesday.