Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Maryland @ Syracuse

Any thoughts on this one? I did think Syracuse would be a 2/2.5 favorite but the lined moved the other way. I assume because of money and it's not a huge move really. I don't have much of an opinion on the game this week like I did last week when I said Cuse would beat up CMU.

I can't figure this one out, but C.J. Brown scares me and is the type of QB to give the Cuse D fits with his running ability. Maybe I'm just trying to figure out a way to justify taking the Cuse.

They did handle Maryland easily last year, along with Brown but the DL isn't nearly as good this year. Running QB's are killers against the Syracuse D. That said, I do think Cuse will find a way to win at home. It's gonna be a close one, tough to take a firm stance on either side.

tennesseety
    tennesseety's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1817

Stay away from your own team unless you have a strong opinion. I knew my Vols would crush Utah St. for instance and bet it, but haven't since. I nearly took your advice on your team last week, but already had too much action. I'll listen to you next time!

theorudy
    theorudy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12920

My instinct is to fade Maryland, but I don't know if I can trust Syracuse. I think Cuse is possibly undervalued because of the Villanova game where the QB was out most of the way. Maryland needed a blocked punt TD to beat a terrible USF team and got a ton of breaks to stay in the WVU game. I don't see any reason to think they'll beat a decent team on the road.

Like I said, though, I'm not 100% sold that Syracuse is a decent team.
    Last edited by theorudy; 09-17-14 at 03:30 PM.

JassSovin
    JassSovin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Love the Cuse here. Back home after a blowout of Central Michigan. They will look to get the ACC schedule off and running with a win at home Saturday.

CUSE

Kingsy
    Kingsy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 230

Quote Originally Posted by JassSovin View Post
    Love the Cuse here. Back home after a blowout of Central Michigan. They will look to get the ACC schedule off and running with a win at home Saturday.

CUSE
    Maryland is now in the Big Ten

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

I like Maryland here

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by tennesseety View Post
    Stay away from your own team unless you have a strong opinion. I knew my Vols would crush Utah St. for instance and bet it, but haven't since. I nearly took your advice on your team last week, but already had too much action. I'll listen to you next time!
    Yeah, in the past I would force it and take Syracuse. I've learned and won't touch this one. I had a real strong feeling last week, I'll stick to playing them in games like that. If I had to bet this one, I would probably take Maryland. It's a toss up though, we have to find a way to keep from Brown running all over us and extending drives. Gotta get off the field on 3rd downs.

I think I'll be there so I'll just enjoy the game. GL this weekend.

Cuse0323

I'm migrating back to the old me. I did so well, started 10-2. Now I've lost some games and I'm thinking just go all-in on my boys. I'd rather lose it all on them than anyone else. I did get some money out anyway.

We're gonna win, I'm gonna do it...fck it. Drunk...probably should fade.

gwills
    gwills's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 772

Syracuse all day. Senior QB, RB, others at home against a team they beat 20-3 on the road last year.

I like them.

DerekMadden
    DerekMadden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsy View Post
    Maryland is now in the Big Ten
    Which means play = Cuse.

larojoes
    larojoes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1332

I'm on Maryland but have since been second-guessing it; they may well be overrated. I would not back them if they were laying points here. I'm counting on their defense to keep the game close into the 4th quarter.

Cuse0323

The Cuse D will be ready. Shut down Brown's running and make him throw. The Syracuse offense is clicking, so even if the D does have some trouble, they will be able to score just fine themselves. Let's go Orange!

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by gwills View Post
    Syracuse all day. Senior QB, RB, others at home against a team they beat 20-3 on the road last year.

I like them.
    I wouldn't look much into last year though. Maryland was decimated with injuries.

The rest, yep. Hunt is steady, doesn't make much mistakes anymore. If the play isn't there, he can always tuck it and run which he is really effective at. Not a speedster, but a shifty and smart runner. Cuse has 4 RB's that can produce, and the WR's are much improved. It's the DL that is the issue, they need to step up and get pressure on Brown and contain him. I'm liking our chances more and more, it should be a good game.

ShoeCapper
    ShoeCapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

I think cuse will have a good game and like them to surprise some people here but I would look to buy some points for either side you like...personally I'm tossing Maryland in a 3 team 10.5 pt teaser I think Maryland +12.5 seems safe here.

trojanman
    trojanman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2551

Syracuse one of my best plays of the day. Good luck!

PickoMoff
    No Risk No Reward!
    PickoMoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 919

People are underestimating Syracuse now just as they did against CMU! I had cuse then and I have them now! Maryland is overrated! Cuse will bury them just as they did CMU! I had West Virginia ML against them last week!

Syracuse is one of my strong plays! BOL!

jbart28
    MAGA KAG
    jbart28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

CuseNation FTMFW.

Hot Jerry
    Hot Jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

WNT - NO EASY MONEY - but good luck to u guys !!