zola
    zola's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1210

Arkansas +2.5 at Texas Tech

Get it early, boys. Arkansas will win this game straight up.

Arkansas' offensive line is the same size as most NFL teams and they have 2 of the top running backs in the nation + a 3rd one who is pretty damn good as well.

I watched Texas Tech vs Central Arkansas (7 pt victory) and UTEP (4 pt victory) and they looked horrible... couldn't stop UTEP's run there ain't no way they stop Arkansas'.

Arkansas had Auburn tied 21-21 at half in week 1, they're not bad.

J_On_A_Roll
    J_On_A_Roll's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1698

Thanks for the insight. Been looking at Arkansas. Texas tech that weak? Maybe this goes over right?

zola

Texas Tech could very well be 0-2 right now. UTEP nearly scored the game winning touchdown in the final minute last week but didn't get it done. They will not be able to stop Arkansas' rushing attack.

I don't know about the over. Just take Arky and the points.

tennesseety
    tennesseety's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1817

I agree and can't for the life of me figure out why TX Tech is favored in this one. Makes me hesitate!

tiger_bait
    tiger_bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11442

Quote Originally Posted by tennesseety View Post
    I agree and can't for the life of me figure out why TX Tech is favored in this one. Makes me hesitate!

2012 4-8
    2013 3-9
    the previous three years Arkansas has won a combine 3 road games
    anyone here believe in Arkansas secondary

having said all that I like Arkansas but its not a shock to me that the home team is favorite here

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

Down to -1 now. I have a feeling Arkansas gonna catch a beatdown...lol. No play for me...so gl guys.

zola

2012 they had interim coach after Petrino scandal. JOHN L SMITH.... Are you kidding me?
    2013 was Bielema's first season after leaving Wisky.

This team has 2 of the top backs with one of the top O-Lines in the country.

I agree with you about questionable secondary... but look at Texas Tech this season.... no power house there either. Won by a combined 11 points to UTEP and Central Arkansas................

tennesseety

I like a small upswing by Bielema this year, although I think he's done a horrible job thus far. And, I believe Tech is one of the most penalized teams in the nation so far this season. I see value in the Arky moneyline (I grabbed it at +110).

Pig Sewy (however you spell it. . .I refuse to look it up, haha)

DerekMadden
    DerekMadden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by zola View Post
    2012 they had interim coach after Petrino scandal. JOHN L SMITH.... Are you kidding me?
    2013 was Bielema's first season after leaving Wisky.

This team has 2 of the top backs with one of the top O-Lines in the country.

I agree with you about questionable secondary... but look at Texas Tech this season.... no power house there either. Won by a combined 11 points to UTEP and Central Arkansas................

Go ahead and add a third back, a guy by the name of Korliss Marshall. He will be a staple in the offense this year. Dude is explosive.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

you clowns realize TTU outyarded UTEP by around 3.5 yards per play right? They outyarded Central Arkansas by around 3 yards per carry which was subpar, but the UTEP game was a fluke. They dominated that game, the only thing that killed them was time of possession which isn't a big deal in a pickem game like this one. The pass defense against Auburn was abysmal for Arky. I think TTU lights the scoreboard up and Arky grinds it out on the ground. I think Texas Tech should be around a 7+ point favorite and I'll gladly take the premium placed on this game by people not dissecting what actually happened in the previous games outside of the final score.

tennesseety

Thanks for the input, TPowell. Not sure why you were defensive in your post though.

zola

TPowell was angry. Ironically he has Petrino in his avatar. Did you just read the stat lines TPowell or did you actually watch the game?

Just as much as the score isn't reflective of the game, the stats aren't always either, pal.

Take a chill pill. Sounds like this game is personal for you.

DerekMadden

TPowell was angry. Ironically he has Petrino in his avatar. Did you just read the stat lines TPowell or did you actually watch the game?

Just as much as the score isn't reflective of the game, the stats aren't always either, pal.

Take a chill pill. Sounds like this game is personal for you.
    TP is just a loyal Louisville fan, I'm sure he has no hard feelings toward Arky at all. I am a die-hard Arky homer and for that reason I never bet on them, as I don't bet off emotion. I really do see Arkansas has the favorite in this one though.

Take whichever side you want, but I really think Arkansas would the play here before I took TTU

zola

I am in Arky too but I can't say the same about being a die-hard homer. Haha

Woo Pig Sooiie for Saturday, though.

Plus1
    Plus1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1385

Arkansas will win outright. Offensive line is top 5 size-wise in the NFL....yes, the NFL. The O and D line will determine this game and they both favor Arky in a major way.

zola

Game is a PK em in some spots and Arky favored -1 in others.

Good luck, hope you got it early

zola

Boom! GG Arkansas backers. Nice, easy win!

HeeluvaGuy
    HeeluvaGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3926

Nice job on this one. Pretty much as advertised. Hogs' running game couldn't be stopped.

DerekMadden

Boom! GG Arkansas backers. Nice, easy win!
    Complete domination.