BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Potential Bowl Upsets

My current list of potential bowl upsets. In no particular order:

North Carolina over Pitt. Both teams have very good defenses. Both teams lost their last game. Oddly enough, both teams lost to N.C. State. The difference? First, UNC has defeated the likes of Va.Tech and Miami. Pitt does not have those types of quality wins. Second. Give me Butch Davis over Wanny any day. Third, this amounts to a home game for North Carolina. UNC +3 looks good.

Temple over UCLA. This is a huge game for Temple. They have not been to a bowl game in many a year. Al Golden has done a tremendous job rebuilding this team into a winner. To be able to defeat a Pac 10 team, even if it is the #7 6-6 Pac 10 team, would be a huge boost for the program. UCLA has a very poor offense. They have a poor bowl record of late (1-4). They will not have many fans at this game, and certainly will not appreciate the cold weather in D.C. Temple wins a close one.

Kentucky over Clemson. Two ships passing in the night. Kentucky won 5 of their last 7, including major upset wins at Auburn and Georgia. They are 3-0 S/U in their last 3 bowl games. Clemson lost their last two games, and went from a potential Orange Bowl bid down to this game. The fans will be behind Kentucky. Clemson may, or may not show up in this spot. Getting more than 7 is a gift. Kentucky +7.5 is the play.

Other games to watch out for include: Oklahoma State iver Ole Miss. The Cowboys get their team back intact. Boston College over USC. Will USC show up for this game?

Superman455
    Drinkin ANOTHER Beer...
    Superman455's Avatar Become A Pro!

I too like BC over USC and another one that be upset would be Uconn over South Carolina

Busterflywheel
    Busterflywheel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

USC is pissed to be in the Shit Emerald Bowl. Wouldn't be surprised to see a half ass effort by them. Mean while B.C is pumped at the opportunity!