53 defense
    53 defense's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5233

Mississippi -20...................

Laying 20 away from home....... yep crazy right? Anyone see Vandy's offense operate last week? pathetic and I'm being kind. Rebels mean business this campaign, cant afford any slip ups before Bama shows up. Bama can have 1 loss on their dance card and survive, Rebels CANNOT. They have a real big nasty D Line and they should have their way here. Vandy has proven to be a pain in the ass for the Rebels in the past but I think different story here, may get ugly early and often.

As always good luck to all

PS that little wide out for the Roadrunners was fun to watch last night.

Eddie Biggz
    Eddie Biggz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

I didn't see Vandy but I will be doing some homework on them today because I watched every second of Ole Miss and they looked nasty last week. Their defense is amazing and if their offense can work out a couple kinks, they could do some damage.

SECguru
    SECguru's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 644

53 you said same thing I was thinking but for some reason I'm scared to pull the trigger on that one. I do like Kentucky to cover big though

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

Ole Miss has no business laying 20. Their offense is shiit also. A few lucky breakaways in the 4th qtr last week was the only thing that helped them. Wallace is a joke.

tennesseety
    tennesseety's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1817

While I think Ole Miss will cover, I would tread lightly. Vandy had 7 TOs in that game and the rain delayed them several hours. There were about 2,000 people left in the stands. Yes, their offense was an utter disaster, but they also played 3 QBs. I don't see them doing that again. And I do think Mason will have the defense improved this week. I think it's a no touch until we figure out just how bad Vandy really is.

Good luck!

byrdpickem
    byrdpickem's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 390

Take it from a homer. I would be cautious to lay the points if it were -13, much less -20. For whatever reason, we always have a tough game against Vandy. ALWAYS. We hold our breath every year against these guys. Like mentioned above you have to assume they won't turn the ball over 7 times again. Consequently Bo isn't going to throw 4 picks again; He's not an elite QB, but he is much better than he is given credit for. There isn't a realistic OM fan on the block that expects to cover this. Talent-wise we should, but the history (albeit a bit superstious one) clouds our optimism.

I remeber when we went to Gainesville and beat #1 or #2 Florida while Tebow was there under that assclown Houston Nutt. Came back the next week and lost to Vandy at home. Eli's Cotton Bowl team dropped one of their losses to Vandy too. For whatever reason, this is a dogfight ever damn year. I will be in Nashville but I won't touch this line with a 10 foot pole.

I hope like hell I'm wrong, and I see why the line is tempting, but no way in hell I lay the points here. Oh... Hotty Toddy!

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin
    Bbfromgpt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4429

Laying 20 on the road against SEC comp isn't smart, especially with Bo Wallace at the helm.

I'm a diehard sec fan and live in Ms. Just stating the facts though.

also, OM didn't not look "nasty" last week. They actually looked awful in the 1H. That D is going to be really really good though

hdrizzle21
    hdrizzle21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 480

Quote Originally Posted by Bbfromgpt View Post
    Laying 20 on the road against SEC comp isn't smart, especially with Bo Wallace at the helm.

I'm a diehard sec fan and live in Ms. Just stating the facts though.

also, OM didn't not look "nasty" last week. They actually looked awful in the 1H. That D is going to be really really good though

I LOVE Ole Miss in this game. I think Vandy is this bad.

Remember even though its considered a road game, the stadium will be at least 60-40 Ole Miss fans.

Blannewk
    Blannewk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1395

Good call