53 defense
    53 defense's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5233

Zona/UTSA

Leaning UTSA +7 This team is in its 4th year under Larry Coker (His recruiting) and after beating Houston soundly looks to be a live puppy here. Yes Houston had 6 turnovers and only scored in the 4th qtr. meaningless. UTSA controlled both lines of scrimmage and that should benefit them here. There is one other thing .... How many games will UTSA play on a bigger stage than this in 2014???? Win here can make alot of noise no? Just my 2 cents.

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

This is he only way to play this one in my opinion. Truth is, no one would even look at this game if it wasn't a Thursday game and he only cfb game on

FreshCope
    FreshCope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I tend to agree. This is a powerful D! UofA creamed UNLV, but that doesn't say much. They have a cardboard cutout defense. Keep in mind, this game will be played in the Alamo Dome. Lots of noise for this fiesta.

Rmac15
    Rmac15's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 574

I've got Zona. Arizona's Anu Aolomon will go off, I'm calling 320 total yards and three touchdowns. I've got Arizona 34-Texas SA 23.

Go Beavers
    Go Beavers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I feel like the line should be around zona-13....so I have to play the wildcats in this one

Eddie Biggz
    Eddie Biggz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Arizona rolls.

GIVEMETHEMONEY
    GIVEMETHEMONEY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4903

I had to take my hometown team UTSA

I think UTSA is up and coming. I bought the points up to +8.

You can't rule out the home crowd noise and I agree with the other posters comments here.

I think this game will be closer than anyone can imagine.

If zona wins it will be by a touchdown or less.

Don't count out the home crowd and noise!

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Quote Originally Posted by Go Beavers View Post
    I feel like the line should be around zona-13....so I have to play the wildcats in this one
    You don't have to play it right now do you? Interesting line, going to watch and see where it goes.

Snake24
    Snake24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7076

Arizona RB Terris Grigsby-Jones is questionable for tonight's game. Their freshman RB should be able to fill in respectably.

martino maserati
    martino maserati's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

arizona was able to shut down mariotta and oregon last year i dont see utsa scoring anything and i believe they shot their load against houston who didnt play good at all....zona to the bank please

DerekMadden
    DerekMadden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

I'll take Zona.

Then, I'll even play a little tease with Seattle pk + Zona -1

gambler705
    gambler705's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2364

Home crowd?? What does UTSA have about 1k fans tops in this country?

Quote Originally Posted by GIVEMETHEMONEY View Post
    I think UTSA is up and coming. I bought the points up to +8.

You can't rule out the home crowd noise and I agree with the other posters comments here.

I think this game will be closer than anyone can imagine.

If zona wins it will be by a touchdown or less.

Don't count out the home crowd and noise!

portetdaspet
    portetdaspet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1008

UTSA is fairly good on defense and I doubt Zona will drop 50, but the roadrunners will not be able to move the ball in this one.

Their first 7 drives last week against Houston were:

18 yards, punt
    -2 yards, punt
    3 yards, TD (thanks to Houston punt fail)
    4 yards, punt
    13 yards, punt
    -14 yards, punt
    0 yards, punt

They put together a couple of good drives after that, but only when Houston's defense had become a bit deflated by O'Korn throwing it away on every possession.

I'm taking Zona here, predicted final 31-10.

IGotKidsToFeed
    Sic 'Em
    IGotKidsToFeed's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9783

Quote Originally Posted by gambler705 View Post
    Home crowd?? What does UTSA have about 1k fans tops in this country?
    There are actually almost 30,000 undergrads at UTSA... and San Antonio is one of the largest cities in America... and is in Texas, they love football in Texas.

gambler705

I get that, but in texas i would imagine most allegiances are already set with texas , a&m, tech... Cant see their being a large die hard road runner fan base..

Quote Originally Posted by IGotKidsToFeed View Post
    There are actually almost 30,000 undergrads at UTSA... and San Antonio is one of the largest cities in America... and is in Texas, they love football in Texas.

Maddhatter
    Maddhatter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 741

Arizona will be the best team they will see all year coming into SA. Expect possibly close to 40k in attendance (same as last yr vs OkSt).

NWportland
    NWportland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

Quote Originally Posted by Maddhatter View Post
    Expect possibly close to 40k .
    I agree this place will be rocking. But people act like Arizona plays at FCS stadiums or something. I think they have a good idea about what a hostile home crowd is like when you are the visitor. They get more than their share in the pac-10 starting with capacity numbers at LA Colosium 93,607 Rose Bowl 91,936 Husky Stadium 70,000 and SunDevil Stadium 65,870. However none of those are in a dome. I have walked through the Alamo dome empty, strange it doesn't look like it can fit 70,000 but it does.

Maddhatter
    Maddhatter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 741

Quote Originally Posted by NWportland View Post
    I agree this place will be rocking. But people act like Arizona plays at FCS stadiums or something. I think they have a good idea about what a hostile home crowd is like when you are the visitor. They get more than their share in the pac-10 starting with capacity numbers at LA Colosium 93,607 Rose Bowl 91,936 Husky Stadium 70,000 and SunDevil Stadium 65,870. However none of those are in a dome. I have walked through the Alamo dome empty, strange it doesn't look like it can fit 70,000 but it does.
    I agree. I also expect a score close to what previous poster said. Looking/Hoping at a score of 31-17. Zona and under for me.

gambler705

Zona wins and covers . This is utah st part 2 where the public and touts are lining up on the same side trying to outhink everyone and be the smartest guy in the room

willieteal
    willieteal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 302

Did line just drop to -4 1/2 -- wow?
    Last edited by willieteal; 09-04-14 at 03:20 PM.

willieteal
    willieteal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 302

Quote Originally Posted by gambler705 View Post
    Zona wins and covers . This is utah st part 2 where the public and touts are lining up on the same side trying to outhink everyone and be the smartest guy in the room
    I think another factor in the UT Utah State game was that since Tennessee was the name brand school their weaknesses (losing both lines) got a lot more publicity, when really USU was dealing with the same thing. Just likely that Tennessee had better replacements.

trendon
    trendon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3681

Quote Originally Posted by willieteal View Post
    I think another factor in the UT Utah State game was that since Tennessee was the name brand school their weaknesses (losing both lines) got a lot more publicity, when really USU was dealing with the same thing. Just likely that Tennessee had better replacements.
    Truth and this is coming from someone who was screaming about Utah State BEATING TENNESSEE'S ASS since about July. Egg on my face.

As for this game, I simply like the under.

IGotKidsToFeed
    Sic 'Em
    IGotKidsToFeed's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9783

Quote Originally Posted by 53 defense View Post
    Leaning UTSA +7 This team is in its 4th year under Larry Coker (His recruiting) and after beating Houston soundly looks to be a live puppy here. Yes Houston had 6 turnovers and only scored in the 4th qtr. meaningless. UTSA controlled both lines of scrimmage and that should benefit them here. There is one other thing .... How many games will UTSA play on a bigger stage than this in 2014???? Win here can make alot of noise no? Just my 2 cents.
    Nice call! Crowd came ready and Solomon wasn't very sharp.

NWportland
    NWportland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

Quote Originally Posted by IGotKidsToFeed View Post
    Nice call! Crowd came ready and Solomon wasn't very sharp.
    I had mentioned something about the dome...I should have followed my own advice.... I think that dome had an impact on AZ.... one thing is for sure... I will be looking to bet against Arizona young QB vs solid D-Line/Blitz ......UTSA was impressive.... Not watching UTSA first week, I had no Idea their Offense was so consistent... 2 or 3 second half drives for points of 70 and 80 yds or so..... not bad at all...