Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Power 5 Conferences Schedule Changes ??

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I don't think that this is a big deal. How many "Power 5" teams are worse than Boise State, Cincinnati, UCF, East Carolina, Houston, Marshall, Bowling Green, Northern Ilinois, Utah State, Fresno State, and La. Lafayette? What difference does it make if Alabama plays Southern Miss or Virginia? How about Oregon playing Purdue instead of Wyoming? There is just not that big of a difference between the top 10 teams not in power conferences and the bottom 10 teams in power conferences. It is much easier just to get the word out that the committee is going to put a lot of weight on SOS and let the Power 5 schools handle the scheduling. Look at all of the good non-con games that have been scheduled since the advent of the playoffs and the committee.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    I don't think that this is a big deal. How many "Power 5" teams are worse than Boise State, Cincinnati, UCF, East Carolina, Houston, Marshall, Bowling Green, Northern Ilinois, Utah State, Fresno State, and La. Lafayette? What difference does it make if Alabama plays Southern Miss or Virginia? How about Oregon playing Purdue instead of Wyoming? There is just not that big of a difference between the top 10 teams not in power conferences and the bottom 10 teams in power conferences. It is much easier just to get the word out that the committee is going to put a lot of weight on SOS and let the Power 5 schools handle the scheduling. Look at all of the good non-con games that have been scheduled since the advent of the playoffs and the committee.
    I'd be much more inclined to make trip to Eugene to see Purdue over Wyoming. For all the good non conference games scheduled theres 20 bad ones.

While we will never see perfect scheduling it can be vastly improved

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Then we differ. Wyoming is a much better team than Purdue is. I know that we are not talking a lot here, but they are. What I am saying is that you should just allow the teams to take of the scheduling themselves. 'Bama and USC are playing at a neutral site in 2016. There have be so many games scheduled for the future, it would take three pages to list them. All because of the SOS in the new Playoff system.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Keep Fresno ST out your fat fukkin mouth before I own you on here

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Not sure how it will work logistically. One thing to not play FCS teams, it's a whole nother thing to only play 5 "power conference" teams. I'd much rather see Boise or Fresno vs a USC or Oregon than USC/Oregon vs an ass sorry Purdue or Kansas team.

There's actually some decent rivalries that would get stamped out too. Notre Dame/Navy, NC State/ECU, Colorado/Colorado State to name a few...they don't mean much Nationally but they mean a bit to the two schools and the people in the area.

Then there's BYU...

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Demo View Post
    Keep Fresno ST out your fat fukkin mouth before I own you on here
    Fresno State sucks. They are a nothing team from a nothning conference. They got their arse kicked by USC last season and they are going to get their arses kicked again. You are going to own me boy? I think you should try and own the person who posted your methadone begging. Bring it on, you little gay methadone user. Let's see all of those needle marks. I dare you to come out here. Just make my day, you little gay lover. I dare you to come anywheres near L.A. We have a special place for people like you.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Fresno State sucks. They are a nothing team from a nothning conference. They got their arse kicked by USC last season and they are going to get their arses kicked again. You are going to own me boy? I think you should try and own the person who posted your methadone begging. Bring it on, you little gay methadone user. Let's see all of those needle marks. I dare you to come out here. Just make my day, you little gay lover. I dare you to come anywheres near L.A. We have a special place for people like you.
    Go get my towel old man

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Not sure how it will work logistically. One thing to not play FCS teams, it's a whole nother thing to only play 5 "power conference" teams. I'd much rather see Boise or Fresno vs a USC or Oregon than USC/Oregon vs an ass sorry Purdue or Kansas team.

There's actually some decent rivalries that would get stamped out too. Notre Dame/Navy, NC State/ECU, Colorado/Colorado State to name a few...they don't mean much Nationally but they mean a bit to the two schools and the people in the area.

Then there's BYU...
    I agree. BYU-Utah, SMU-TCU, etc. However, this would also help revive other natural rivalries. There would be no excuse for Clemson and Georgia not to play every year.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post

Then there's BYU...
    I agree. The Power 5 teams know what it is going to take to get to the Playoffs, and SOS is part of the equation. Now if they want to be stupid about the whole thing, like Baylor is doing, fine. Art Briles is an idiot if he thinks that a one loss Baylor team will get into the Playoffs with their terrible non-con schedule. What he does not realize is that his refusal to play Power 5 teams in non-con games hurts the entire Big 12 Conference because no one will care if someone beats Baylor. Certainly not compared to a victory over Oklahoma or Texas, or most of the other Big 12 teams.

You also have to realize that teams like Colorado, TCU, and Navy have a very slight chance, if any, of ever getting to a playhoff game, but games against their rivals sell out and are very important to the schools involved. Let the Power 5 schools determine who they want to play.