HittingGuru
    HittingGuru's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thoughts on Cincy/Illinois

Am I the only one who likes Illinois -21 over Cincinnati on Friday? Yes, Cincy is a much, much better team. But isn't Cincy looking ahead to playing Pitt the following week? This game means little to them (besides a BCS berth that they probably won't get) and a Big East title is what they're really after. Illinois has played alot better in the past 3 weeks and hasn't lost by more than 21 points since their 3rd game of the season.

Any and all thoughts on this intriguing matchup are appreciated.

tcarn01
    Shockers!!!!!
    tcarn01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 595

yes, cincy rolls..

babyanni
    babyanni's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hate juice williams but that spread is a bit high and they have the speed talent and size to stick with cincy.... i hate the zooker and juice going to be hard to trust them after being burned so much but that was them as chalk. $$$ on Juice again

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

We are talking about a line that started at -16.5 and now is -20 in most Vegas books. Cincinnati is playing at home and shold be able to score at will, however Cincinnati is only 5-4 ATS this year, and 0-2 ATS in their last two games. Illinois started the season 0-5 ATS, then ran off 3 wins, before losing to Northwestern as an unbelieveable favorite in what was the worst line Vegas put out this year. Illinois is plaing a lot better ball than they did at the beginning of the year. Cincinnati wins outright, but as far as the spread goes, I'll pass.

wal66
    wal66's Avatar Become A Pro!

There is more distractions for Cincy than Pittsburgh next week. Which QB is playing better, who deserves to start, do we pull the trigger early if at all, does coach wanna be the next Notre Dame coach if they come calling? Absolutely Concinnati is the better team. Illinois always disappoints, either their fans dreams of a successful season or another teams dreams of an easy win over Illinois. If Cincinnati is 100% focused on the Illini they still might have trouble with -21. With potential distractions and a HUGE game next week Illinois would be the play in this situation or pass on the game all together.

Just an opinion not a prediction because I passed myself.

Tomato
    Tomato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 618

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    We are talking about a line that started at -16.5 and now is -20 in most Vegas books. Cincinnati is playing at home and shold be able to score at will, however Cincinnati is only 5-4 ATS this year, and 0-2 ATS in their last two games. Illinois started the season 0-5 ATS, then ran off 3 wins, before losing to Northwestern as an unbelieveable favorite in what was the worst line Vegas put out this year. Illinois is plaing a lot better ball than they did at the beginning of the year. Cincinnati wins outright, but as far as the spread goes, I'll pass.
    You wasted all that time writing to give us Cincinnati -1200?

ackem19
    ackem19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

I usually like Cincinnati giving up a lot of points, however, i've realized that Cincy hasn't rolled teams that can run the ball. The last 2 games they are 0-2ATS, coincidentally, they allowed 200+ rushing yards in each. I did some back tracking and out of the 4 times that the failed to cover, in 3 of those games, they allowed more than 200 rushing yards. In all of their wins ATS, they allowed LESS than 200 yards. Illinois has been running the ball well and they should get Juice Williams back this week. Cincinnati could be caught looking ahead to Pitt next week and as a previous poster said, they may have more distractions than Pitt such as the QB situation. I like Illinois +21.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomato View Post
    You wasted all that time writing to give us Cincinnati -1200?

kalamity85
    kalamity85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 371

Quote Originally Posted by ackem19 View Post
    I usually like Cincinnati giving up a lot of points, however, i've realized that Cincy hasn't rolled teams that can run the ball. The last 2 games they are 0-2ATS, coincidentally, they allowed 200+ rushing yards in each. I did some back tracking and out of the 4 times that the failed to cover, in 3 of those games, they allowed more than 200 rushing yards. In all of their wins ATS, they allowed LESS than 200 yards. Illinois has been running the ball well and they should get Juice Williams back this week. Cincinnati could be caught looking ahead to Pitt next week and as a previous poster said, they may have more distractions than Pitt such as the QB situation. I like Illinois +21.