WhatALoser
    WhatALoser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

1/2/14 Oklahoma vs Alabama

WHATALOSER OVERALL 5-1 ATS 0-1 TOTALS 5-0
    NBA- 0-0 NCAAB- 0-0 NFL- 0-0 SF -2.5 PENDING
    NCAAF- 5-1 NHL- 0-0 MLB- 0-0
    Yesterday 1/1/14 recap 3-0 on totals(ball bounced our way)

Oklahoma vs Alabama -16.5(-110)

Laying this much chalk especially in a bowl game is never a good idea but in this spot, I feel it's warranted. Senior QB A.J. McCarron comes off as a guy who isn't just going to show up and go through the motions in his final game at Alabama. There's nothing fancy or sexy about this guy's play unless we're talking about his ex-girlfriend but before you know it, you're down two scores to what some may label "boring". If game manager or boring means I start 3 straight years, own almost every passing record at Alabama, win 2 national championships, you can call me boring all you want. Quite frankly, I feel more comfortable gambling on this guy than I do on either of Oklahoma's QB's junior Blake Bell or freshman Trevor Knight who I might add is always dealing with some sort of injury. With so much time to prepare, rest assured Alabama head coach Nick Saban will have a game plan for this two system QB plan Oklahoma might pull tonight. Oklahoma head coach Bob Stoops is 1-4 against the SEC. Not only does Alabama have the edge in coaching they have the edge in overall depth as well. Oklahoma rb Damien Williams(at least his last game as a Sooner was great 10 rushes 128 yards 2 td's against Iowa State) was kicked off the team in late November and use pretty much 1 rb in senior Brennan Clay. This guy did himself no favors by running his mouth lately about how Alabama isn't the gods on defense everybody makes them out to be anymore. While it's true, why wake a sleeping giant, if in fact they were sleeping heading into this game? I understand the motivation angle and how gamblers are worried about which Alabama team will show up but how about the frustration/anger angle? What about the anger that is running through each and every one of these Crimson Tide players veins, especially the seniors, at the fact they essentially got beat by Auburn off a fluke special teams play, a missed field goal return for a touchdown? If anything, OU's Jalen Saunders or whoever they throw back there to field punt/kickoff returns won't have a great night because surely Alabama's special teams will be on top of their game. Oklahoma has a solid defense against the pass but the rush defense is questionable at times and that red zone defense is pretty awful being ranked 115th in all of college football. With a balanced offensive attack such as Alabama's, it's hard to imagine Oklahoma's defense bending but not breaking. I believe true colors will eventually show and while Oklahoma's defense might bend at the start they'll eventually break more than enough times for Alabama to cover this high spread. Backdoor covers are always concerning but it is what it is.
    Last edited by WhatALoser; 01-02-14 at 10:53 PM. Reason: updated record

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

That's actually a really good write up and I'm an OU alum.

OU is missing the following starters and wasn't deep to begin with.

Williams RB - Suspended
    Milliard RB/FB - Out with injury
    Phillips DT - Out with injury
    Nelson LB - Out with injury

OU has been without some of these guys for a few games but those were four of OU's best players heading into the year. Also, you're correct about OU's QB play. It's been horrible and I don't think either QB is good.

OU's strength is it's WRs and o-line but what good does that do when you have no one to throw the ball to them? Clay and Finch are good RBs for OU but if Bama doesn't have to respect the pass they can just stack the box.

As for OU's defense, its good against the pass but not so great against the run. That should play right into Bama's hands.

Bama isn't the kind of team that gets in a hurry and goes no huddle all game and that's probably the only reason they won't score 45 points tonight.

I feel like Bama will control the game, run the ball, and pretty much dominate but the final score will probably be something like 30-10. OU might get a punt return or hit a lucky deep ball.

Bama and the under look like good plays. I hope I'm wrong and OU pulls a miracle but we just aren't that great this year.

GL.

dgrin001
    dgrin001's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1494

Gentlemen, great information, I am tailing once again as you been on point. i bought to to -16. GL

dgrin001
    dgrin001's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1494

Good run, we will get them next time. I am interested to see what you think of the Ohio game!