Tommy Karate
    Update your status
    Tommy Karate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12940

Johnny Football vs Teddy B

You're building an NFL team from scratch - which QB are you taking and why?

Which of these 2 will make it in the NFL, or both? - "Making it" means rings, or at least Donovan Mcnabb good.

NoCoin, BigDaddy, NightTripper, Biff, Wizzle and any other college football gurus check in.

Happy New Year!

TK

Tommy Karate
    Update your status

something tells me Manzel gets it done at the next level.....i love Bridgewaters arm, touch, legs but there is 1 obvious thing i dont like about him.

ajcobb22
    ajcobb22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 297

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Karate View Post
    something tells me Manzel gets it done at the next level.....i love Bridgewaters arm, touch, legs but there is 1 obvious thing i dont like about him.
    His fragile frame?

ram1502
    ram1502's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

He's b l a c k

Tommy Karate
    Update your status

im not a racisit, but i would like to see a wilson, newton etc win a ring 1st before i select a bridgewater....its been a long time since doug williams.

inTomWeTrust
    inTomWeTrust's Avatar Become A Pro!

You're out of your mind to even put Russell Wilson in the same category as those guys... He's somebody that is a student of the game and spends countless hours studying playbooks and hot routes etc..

See Russell Wilson has always been a guy that had the foot work and agile dynamic to him... I watch Johnny and I see a guy that has Vision in terms of how a Defense breaks down... he makes the perfect cuts and turns at the right times.. its what separates him from the rest...

Teddy B? He might as well be Geno Smiths long lost brother... the guy wont thrive at the NFL Level... The guy lacks most of what you need in order to really succeed in the NFL..

More importantly TOOOOOOOOOOOOT TOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!

Tommy Karate
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by inTomWeTrust View Post
    You're out of your mind to even put Russell Wilson in the same category as those guys... He's somebody that is a student of the game and spends countless hours studying playbooks and hot routes etc..

See Russell Wilson has always been a guy that had the foot work and agile dynamic to him... I watch Johnny and I see a guy that has Vision in terms of how a Defense breaks down... he makes the perfect cuts and turns at the right times.. its what separates him from the rest...

Teddy B? He might as well be Geno Smiths long lost brother... the guy wont thrive at the NFL Level... The guy lacks most of what you need in order to really succeed in the NFL..

More importantly TOOOOOOOOOOOOT TOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!
    russell wilson is a black qb...that was the only category i was talking about when i mentioned him.

for as great as he apparently is, i cant wait to see him win a ring. something tells me it isnt coming anytime soon..

oh, and geno smith is apparently a chess player and views the football field like a chess board....for whatever thats worth.

inTomWeTrust
    inTomWeTrust's Avatar Become A Pro!

Russell Wilson is the whitest black QB you will ever see in terms of attitude... leadership and intellegence, Cam? He's black - See Vince Young

TOOT TOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

RG3ING
    RG3ING's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

Give Me Johhny football.. Teddy seems to be solid an also seems to like the big stage but Johnny has the pocket presence an feel you can't teach. An has the athletic ability that is right up there with the greatest athletes ever seen.. An you can't question his desire to win an ppl that look from the outside say running QB's don't make it long term an he is, not realizing Johnny has thrown for basically 10,000 yards in 2 years an improved all the way around in categories in passing.johhny is just special an add on top hr was doing it in the SEC enough said dat white boy is BAAAADDDD!

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

I'd take Bridgewater, and if Bridgewater weren't there, Manziel would not be my second choice. Bridgewater makes very good decisions, can make all of the throws and has excellent touch [admittedly, I'm saying that while my most recent memories of Bridgewater are of him tearing up the U like the Nevin Shapirio investigation, but he showed those attributed really well in the Russell Athletic Bowl]. I believe that Bridgewater has the arm, the body and most importantly the mind to succeed in the NFL. As i hear it, he's a bit of a film room nerd, and i mean that in the best way possible.

Manziel is a very special player at this level, and while I think that he'll be an NFL QB for a long time, i don't know that he'll be a star. I wonder about how his playing style and decision-making is going to work out at the next level against NFL defensive coordinators and DBs and without the benefit of an amazing jumpball outlet in Mike Evans. Talent gets QBs to the NFL, but there is nothing but hard work and film study that will make them successful there (see, e.g., Peyton Manning vs Ryan Leaf). I wonder about Manziel's commitment to sit for hours in the dark at night watching film rather than going out and enjoy his celebrity. I also wonder about his health given his scrambling improvisational style against LBs who are as fast as he is and who might break him in half when they catch him in the exposed positions with which he's been able to get away at A&M.

Race thing a non-issue for me, but perhaps that's because i have a thing for women of color. Shhhh, don't tell Mrs. Lulu T. Financial....

[I also grew up in VA and a huge Redskins fan during the 80s/90s, so perhaps i believe that i can see someone's inner Doug Williams]
    Points Awarded:

Tommy Karate gave BiffTFinancial 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

all depends on the situation these guys get into, if bridgewater is at houston under bill o brien hell be fine, i still dont think he should be the number 1 pick but its more need based then anything for the texans.

manziel will be good if hes in the right situation, i think hed be better off going later in the first round.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    all depends on the situation these guys get into, if bridgewater is at houston under bill o brien hell be fine, i still dont think he should be the number 1 pick but its more need based then anything for the texans.

manziel will be good if hes in the right situation, i think hed be better off going later in the first round.
    Good point as to situation. I'll go on the record that if either guy has the misfortune of ending up with the Clowns, he might as well start taking classes for his insurance or real estate license.

losergohome
    losergohome's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

both qb remind ME of RG3 too fragile a full season of taking nfl pounding anD how quickly things will change. they want to last then its called STEROIDS

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Manziel won't have the same success in the NFL guaranteed. I'm from Texas and have enjoyed watching Johnny Football but c'mon man.....be realistic here. He can do all that against the Big 12 but when you're going up against the cream of the crop defenses and the best corners every week, its gonna be a different story. I can see Manziel being a slightly better Casey Keenum at the next level. Keep in mind, Keenum had prolific numbers in college as well.

I'm from Houston and I'll take Bridgewater all day every day. You get much more of a complete package and way better value than Manziel imo.

Aye J Mac
    Aye J Mac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11884

Black people not fitted for qb in nfl

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Also I guarantee those razzle dazzle running around plays that Manziel does will end his career early in the NFL.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by inTomWeTrust View Post
    Russell Wilson is the whitest black QB you will ever see in terms of attitude... leadership and intellegence, Cam? He's black - See Vince Young

TOOT TOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!
    Leadership and intelligence are white people attributes? Being black means you lack these things? I cant with SBR.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by MagicDiceFlow View Post
    Manziel won't have the same success in the NFL guaranteed. I'm from Texas and have enjoyed watching Johnny Football but c'mon man.....be realistic here. He can do all that against the Big 12 but when you're going up against the cream of the crop defenses and the best corners every week, its gonna be a different story. I can see Manziel being a slightly better Casey Keenum at the next level. Keep in mind, Keenum had prolific numbers in college as well.

I'm from Houston and I'll take Bridgewater all day every day. You get much more of a complete package and way better value than Manziel imo.
    He was doing it vs SEC

Tommy Karate
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    He was doing it vs SEC
    exactly why i think he'll make it

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Not sure about how the racial element works out but not completely sold on either as a franchise nfl guy. For the record I'm a Johnny fan and have been since I saw him last year in 1st start and messaged my boy they got a special one at A&m! Just not sure if he brings it to the next level or is just one of those all time great college guys?!? This draft is just a notch above last year's in my opinion at Qb and certainly no guarantees.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Hi Tommy and Happy New Years. First, you guys should at least know where these guy play. For the benefit of the "duh" posters in here, Manziel played at Texas A&M, who plays in the SEC, NOT the Big 12. Bridgewater played for Louisville, who was in the pathetic AAC, formerly known as the Big East. How bad are they? In a 10 team conference, three teams lost 10 games and another lost 9. Now that is bad. Bridgewater played no one. Give me Manziel. This is a no brainer. I will say this. It is luck of the draw. I mean, someone could go to Oakland and they can forget about their career. It will be interesting to see what Houston does with the first pick. Jacksonville also desperately needs a QB as does Oakland and Minny.
    Points Awarded:

Tommy Karate gave BigdaddyQH 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

And guys take ur tampons out already. By no means am I a racist. However if somebody points out different attributes or qualities that happens to involve race it does not make it a racist statement. Stereotypes are noticed for a reason because more often than not odds say they are true. Pointing out stereotypes that favor the odds is not racism. And is banking on the odds not part of the business we deal with Just sayin....

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    Leadership and intelligence are white people attributes? Being black means you lack these things? I cant with SBR.
    Yes, there is indeed a portion of SBR which believes that leadership and intelligence are white people attributes. Shhh, don't tell Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Thurgood Marshall, Jackie Robinson, Booker T. Washington, Harriet Tubman, Fredrick Douglas, Tony Dungy, George Washington Carver, Nelson Mandela, Corey Booker, Arthur Ashe, Michael Jordan, Jesse Owens, Maya Angelou, Elijah Muhammad, Colin Powell, Condaleeza Rice, David Shaw, Eddie Robinson, Lovie Smith, Kevin Sumlin, Charlie Strong, Barack Obama, W&M alum Mike Tomlin and/or Stringer Bell.
    Last edited by BiffTFinancial; 01-01-14 at 04:23 PM.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Hi Tommy and Happy New Years. First, you guys should at least know where these guy play. For the benefit of the "duh" posters in here, Manziel played at Texas A&M, who plays in the SEC, NOT the Big 12. Bridgewater played for Louisville, who was in the pathetic AAC, formerly known as the Big East. How bad are they? In a 10 team conference, three teams lost 10 games and another lost 9. Now that is bad. Bridgewater played no one. Give me Manziel. This is a no brainer. I will say this. It is luck of the draw. I mean, someone could go to Oakland and they can forget about their career. It will be interesting to see what Houston does with the first pick. Jacksonville also desperately needs a QB as does Oakland and Minny.
    Also, Clowns drafting 4th and need a QB badly. Not as badly at they need an owner who isn't under federal investigation and who doesn't walk out of the stadium halfway through the fourth quarter, but badly. Frankly, i pity any QB who has the misfortune of being drafted by this dumpster fire of an organization.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Bridgewater and its not even close

jimminn
    jimminn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5771

Johnny is my choice. I would take him for the number 1 pick in the draft. He doesn't have to study film. He could probably party at the club until early morning hours. Smoke a couple of cigars before the game and figure out his oponnet during the game. This is one special person and talent and exciting to watch. Move over brady , Rodgers, and that guy from Denver. A new sheriff is in town

ZIPPER HEAD
    ZIPPER HEAD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5106

Quote Originally Posted by jimminn View Post
    Johnny is my choice. I would take him for the number 1 pick in the draft. He doesn't have to study film. He could probably party at the club until early morning hours. Smoke a couple of cigars before the game and figure out his oponnet during the game. This is one special person and talent and exciting to watch. Move over brady , Rodgers, and that guy from Denver. A new sheriff is in town
    You are dead on my friend.. This kid is and will be superstar in the nfl. Fukin heart of the lion. Does not care about money this kid just wants to play football.

15805's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16182

Quote Originally Posted by ZIPPER HEAD View Post
    You are dead on my friend.. This kid is and will be superstar in the nfl. Fukin heart of the lion. Does not care about money this kid just wants to play football.
    One thing I do not doubt is that the Houston fan base will be beating the drums for Manziel being the pick. O'Briem is a pretty smart guy he won't take Bridgewater. Some of you posters think TB is in the same class as Winston he's not even close.
    Manziel is the most unique QB I've seen, he can make all the throws and he's a swivel-hipped runner who would put Crazylegs Hirsch to shame. If O'brien whose used to tall QB's with riflearms & perfect spirals he may not go with manziel as Johnny doesn't fit the mold, in that scenario he'll probably go with Clowney. Clowney & Watt on the same line that would be scary.

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Karate View Post
    You're building an NFL team from scratch - which QB are you taking and why?

Which of these 2 will make it in the NFL, or both? - "Making it" means rings, or at least Donovan Mcnabb good.

NoCoin, BigDaddy, NightTripper, Biff, Wizzle and any other college football gurus check in.

Happy New Year!

TK

neither one will make it. manziel got away with side slinging passes of his back foot in college and crazy scrambling, both of which are death warrants in the NFL for someone his size. he is also undisciplined and forces balls.

bridgewater faced no real defense while at louisville. his whole college career was against inferior competition. he will wet himself in the NFL when he discovers the defenses are a tad bit better than the UCONN defense.

they both crash and burn. wouldn't draft either one unless available in late rounds.