Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Loving loving loving Baylor this week -12.5 at TCU

I truly feel that they are going to rebound strong this week, despite the fact they have key injuries. I have watched TCU on several occasions the last half of the season, and I am not impressed. Yes they are a good football team, but not even close to the caliber of a team that Baylor is.

Anyone care to share in a quality conversation on this game?

thezamfamily
    thezamfamily's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 276

Agreed

Have the exact same feeling as you.....perfect spot to steamroll TCU..I did read somewhere TCU has covered last 5 years in this matchup.... My gut feeling is Baylor big blowout.. that not enough to go on....

Any thoughts on...

Bowling Green ,Tulane, Army, north texas, Mizzou all leans for me...

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

depends on weather... cold and frigid like last Saturday I see a closer game.....

Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

I don't know about this game. First College Sat where I got smashed. Houston and Baylor killed me. Went large straight on both and had them mixed around a bunch of parlays. Wisky penetrated me also.

Admittedly, Both Baylor and Houston have made me mucho + cash this year. I've said before, I'll always ride a streak. They often last longer than one expects. Stocks, Sports teams, the trend is your friend , no denying.

Maybe the Bears bounce back here, but I'm off that train. Bears didn't only lose, they were humiliated on both sides of the ball. They quit. You can't win every game, but not sure even a Bear fan will claim they fought till the end. They need to prove that they have some Cohones before I jump back on, especially on the road. Horn Frogs will be brave, after watching the Bully go down saturday night. Ya think they had a few brews that night, nervous about watching a team that might take them apart, look suddenly beatable? Picture the mood swing in that room.

To the game. #1 I thought Lache Seastrunk was playing. I locked in my bet when he was probable and when I learned he was out late and in a hoody, I cursed a little under my breath. Veterans are important, more so when you face adversity.

I had this game without my power rankings adjusted after last weeks debacle at Baylor - 23. Yes, -23. Now, is that recent loss worth 10 points? Damn, I don't know, maybe. Things might have been worse for my account if I brushed aside Oregons past results and backed them last Sat. I stepped off that money train after costing me $'s. They got smashed again. Teams face a huge task overcoming a loss, late, when undefeated. Better to lose early and gain mojo late, how will they react? Even coaches have to be disheartened. I can see a loss but they were abused with the nations, pollsters watching. Offense looked human, missing a couple key players +LT . No denying Baylor D played like pussies.

TCU @ 4-7 looks like perfect chance for Bears to flex muscles. Bears have to hit the road and TCU is off a bye at home.

TCU looked good last game, losing by 2 @ KState. They were + points three times this year, covered 2 out of 3. Lone loss, hmm , theirs those Cowboys

+ 10 @ Oklahoma, lost by 3
    +7 1/2 @ OKLAHOMA STATE LOST BY 14
    +11@Kansas St lost by two.

They play decent at home, lost in OT to West Virginia, by 3. Longhorns whopped them 30-7 @ TCU.

Don't underestimate TCU and ask yourself how Baylor will be mentally. Couple players on Baylor, need to check status. I'm passing.

Waiting to see some lines released. I'm on Bama big at - 10 1/2, thought that line would jump, still believe it will. Had them @ -13. I also hit Ohio State big at - 12 1/2. Saw that now at -14 and already now up to - 14 1/2. Michigan is sloppy. OSU new life after Baylor loss. Tide on a mission. #3 Tide run D vs # 3 Aub Rush O. Bama # 5 pass D, #1 D in land. What will Tigs do when Bama shuts down the run? Bama surely is not afraid of that pass attack. They will load the box and dare them to throw. Respect for Tigs, having a great season,but they might be up against it here. Bama just to strong, McCarron is seasoned vet and Defense wins championships. Saban and Urban thanking ducks, bears for making their job easier. Both will have the troops razor focused after Ducks, Bears both hit the road and sh*t the bed.

I'm rambling now while watching MNF. Still looking at rest of card. gl

Urbanwildlife

Great points as usual my friend, but I am going to ride on my intuition that Baylor is going to be coming strong and angry. I am going to look more into the injury reports before actually making the play. but even with the injuries, I just do not see TCU stopping the Baylor offense.

Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

Stick with your gut. Starting LT Drango is out. He might be done with back surgery. LT most important lineman and he was one of their best. Tevin Reese is huge and go to receiver for Petty, check status along with top two RB's Seastrunk and Glasco Martin.

Bears should still be focused on B12 title shot. I have no other explanation on what last week would have been percieved as a 10 point gift. More info on NFL injuries, College plays cards close to chest on injury status. WR Reese, most important. gl

Urbanwildlife

The thing is with the injuries they have sustained, they are all very important playmakers with the exception of the loss of Drango which is also a HUGE loss. I am waiting to see if any of them will be returning this week.

http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/baylo...684dc9a26.html
    Last edited by Urbanwildlife; 11-26-13 at 01:13 AM.

saints1856
    saints1856's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4707

I was about to start a thread about this exact game. Agree completely.

I think Baylor walked into the perfect storm last Saturday. Ok St getting disrespected at home, national tv with ESPN College GameDay there, night game, etc. Hard to win in that environment for any road team.

I'm from LA, but I live in Fort Worth now - we have college interns at our office who attend TCU. They told me that students are going home for Thanksgiving, and they don't really care about this game anymore. So this home crowd won't be like the one Baylor saw last week.

Baylor still has something to play for. May be close early, but TCU folds.

Final : Baylor 41-17

BOL gents

Capper1124
    Update your status
    Capper1124's Avatar Become A Pro!

Baylor may be a bit flat for this one. No longer in BCS title Picture. JMO