Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Best Conferences in CFB

I started this thread earlier in the year but it didn't get too many hits. i would like you college gurus (i am not one of them) to rank the top 5 conferences in your opinion. i plan on reading lots of cfb info over the next few weeks in preparation for the bowl season. my focus this year is to simply play the teams that come out of the better conferences. these teams are not always favored and im a big believer in seasoning versus top talent during the regular season.

not saying to look at just the overall records of teams in certain conferences. who can take it a step further and discuss which conferences have true NFL talent? ive always felt that the SEC was a conference to pound. i know for a fact i will be going heavy on both TCU and Cincy. I dont care who they are playing, both teams are legit with pro talent. as for totals, i will make a 1 unit play on every under on the board as i feel the long layoff heavily favors defenses. they have ample time to gameplan for the opposing offense, and offenses generally operate in rhythm. hard to be in sync after several weeks off. a truly sharp play may be under first half, and over second half of every game. food for thought. as a casual (not diehard) college fan, here is my stab at the top 5 conferences to focus on:

1) SEC
    2) Pac 10
    3) Big East
    4) Big 12
    5) Big 10

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

1) SEC
    2) Pac 10
    3) Big East
    4) Big 12
    5) MWC
    9999) Weak Ten w/ Norte Dame further weighing the conference down.

Dexter
    Update your status

nice - i am pretty spot on. i hate the big 10 as well.

Dexter
    Update your status

bumped

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Look how Indiana is beating Penn St. The Weak Ten is a joke. Anybody can beat/lose to anybody.