Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

ANYONE HAVE QUALITY INFO. on HAWAII @ WYOMING?

ANYONE HAVE QUALITY INFO. on HAWAII @ WYOMING? The line is Wyoming -7.
    I have been digging deeper into this game but not finding a whole of of info. Someone who knows these two teams well care to share some quality thoughts. I know Hawaii has beast for a running back that came back from an injury last week, and I know Wyoming has been on the down side, giving up a alot of yardage, and not protecting there quarterback Smith very well, but any other additional information will be greatly appreciated!

The temperature is going to be around 34 with sunny skies at game time with a 12pm kickoff in Laramie. This will also be the final home game for the Wyoming Cowboy seniors.
    Last edited by Urbanwildlife; 11-19-13 at 11:26 PM.

Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

I'll toss in some notes.

At first glance UH is winless 0-10. But 4 losses have been by a TD or less. Wyoming looked good to start, but have now lost 5 of 6 and 4 straight.

Situation issues issues favor Wy with altitude, what around 7k? cold and home crowd. Don't believe Hawaii will be bothered by cold, but lungs might be burning late, if not in shape. Hawaii lost to SDST on mainland last week in Ot. They never trailed , except OT. Another big flight for the warriors, back to mainland meaning b2b road.

The running back that is a stud for Hawaii is Joey Iosefa. He was out with a foot injury and came back two weeks ago. They just feed him the ball, 37 carries last week, 150 on the ground. Eye popping 341 yards rushing on the ground since returnn in two games. Schroeder isn't bad at Qb and has enough to get his yards when secondary's creep up to stop run. 238 passing yards per game not bad.

Cowboy O has hit a wall. Haven't been the same since that loss to Texas St. I remember that one well, not only because I lost some good money on Cowboys, but that big lightning delay of maybe 3-4 hours? Jumped off that horse after that game.

Cowboy D is now an embarrassement. Giving up 52, 51,48 and 48 LAST FOUR! At least tthey are consistent, heh?

I like Hawaii, not sure I'm playing. If considering Cowboys, I would only say, ask yourself if you want to lay 7 to a team that hasn't lost by more than 7 (lst 4) with a team that averages surrendering 50 points last 4.

Hell no. I came into this leaning fairly strong to playing Hawaii. Still have a rule to never bet bad teams, but I've almost talked myself into betting Hawaii.

Good luck with your pk

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: WorkHorse

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas
    Hotlanta Steam's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Pivotpoint View Post
    I'll toss in some notes.

At first glance UH is winless 0-10. But 4 losses have been by a TD or less. Wyoming looked good to start, but have now lost 5 of 6 and 4 straight.

Situation issues issues favor Wy with altitude, what around 7k? cold and home crowd. Don't believe Hawaii will be bothered by cold, but lungs might be burning late, if not in shape. Hawaii lost to SDST on mainland last week in Ot. They never trailed , except OT. Another big flight for the warriors, back to mainland meaning b2b road.

The running back that is a stud for Hawaii is Joey Iosefa. He was out with a foot injury and came back two weeks ago. They just feed him the ball, 37 carries last week, 150 on the ground. Eye popping 341 yards rushing on the ground since returnn in two games. Schroeder isn't bad at Qb and has enough to get his yards when secondary's creep up to stop run. 238 passing yards per game not bad.

Cowboy O has hit a wall. Haven't been the same since that loss to Texas St. I remember that one well, not only because I lost some good money on Cowboys, but that big lightning delay of maybe 3-4 hours? Jumped off that horse after that game.

Cowboy D is now an embarrassement. Giving up 52, 51,48 and 48 LAST FOUR! At least tthey are consistent, heh?

I like Hawaii, not sure I'm playing. If considering Cowboys, I would only say, ask yourself if you want to lay 7 to a team that hasn't lost by more than 7 (lst 4) with a team that averages surrendering 50 points last 4.

Hell no. I came into this leaning fairly strong to playing Hawaii. Still have a rule to never bet bad teams, but I've almost talked myself into betting Hawaii.

Good luck with your pk

thanks for the good info... my personal lean is actually on Wyoming... Hawaii really struggles with long flights to the mainland, especially in the mountain time zone or worse the game will be starting around 10am for them... Also Wyoming was not that bad in the lopsided losses to Fresno and Boise... they got shafted on a couple of calls and the games just spun out of control.

Last home game, chilly and the altitude to boot.. I like Wyo to win by double digits..

I recall that Texas State game too... was totally baffled by it as Wyo was in control before the delay and must have napped in the locker room while the Bobcats drank red bulls, haha.
    Last edited by Hotlanta Steam; 11-20-13 at 12:07 AM.

Urbanwildlife

You have basically the same position I have with the same information I have on hand, but for some reason I am stuck on a vibe that Wyoming is going to win this game and cover. I am not sure if it the fact the seniors are playing there last game at home, or the fact this is back to back long road trips for Hawaii, and I do thing the cold is going to effect the play of Hawaii.

It is one of the those games, where do I go with my gut feeling, despite the fact Wyoming has been playing terrible, or do I go with a more rational decision of going with Hawaii or staying away. This was the basis for my post, as this game is mind fcuking me. lol

Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

Hawaii on the mainlandthey will get spanked again

Urbanwildlife

Quote Originally Posted by Bet10Heinekens View Post
    Hawaii on the mainlandthey will get spanked again
    Ok but then what is your take on Wyoming if you feel this way, when they are giving up an enormous amount of yardage, and not protecting there quarterback?

If you make a statement like you did, back it up with some information related to Wyoming as well. Thank you!

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!
    Night-Tripper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3326

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    ANYONE HAVE QUALITY INFO. on HAWAII @ WYOMING? The line is Wyoming -7.
    I have been digging deeper into this game but not finding a whole of of info. Someone who knows these two teams well care to share some quality thoughts. I know Hawaii has beast for a running back that came back from an injury last week, and I know Wyoming has been on the down side, giving up a alot of yardage, and not protecting there quarterback Smith very well, but any other additional information will be greatly appreciated!

The temperature is going to be around 34 with sunny skies at game time with a 12pm kickoff in Laramie. This will also be the final home game for the Wyoming Cowboy seniors.
    Fact: Wyoming hasn't covered as a favorite since September.

Opinion: Cowboys appear to have packed it in. Climate, altitude, travel and time difference favors the Cowboys... but my money is saying that should the Rainbow Warriors give them a kick in the nuts, the 'boys are going to roll over into the fetal position and Hawaii wins outright.

Urbanwildlife

Quote Originally Posted by Night-Tripper View Post
    Fact: Wyoming hasn't covered as a favorite since September.

Opinion: Cowboys appear to have packed it in. Climate, altitude, travel and time difference favors the Cowboys... but my money is saying that should the Rainbow Warriors give them a kick in the nuts, the 'boys are going to roll over into the fetal position and Hawaii wins outright.
    As always your feedback is very much appreciated. Thank you!

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!
    Night-Tripper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3326

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    As always your feedback is very much appreciated. Thank you!

Urbanwildlife

Quote Originally Posted by Hotlanta Steam View Post
    thanks for the good info... my personal lean is actually on Wyoming... Hawaii really struggles with long flights to the mainland, especially in the mountain time zone or worse the game will be starting around 10am for them... Also Wyoming was not that bad in the lopsided losses to Fresno and Boise... they got shafted on a couple of calls and the games just spun out of control.

Last home game, chilly and the altitude to boot.. I like Wyo to win by double digits..

I recall that Texas State game too... was totally baffled by it as Wyo was in control before the delay and must have napped in the locker room while the Bobcats drank red bulls, haha.
    Thank you for a sharing a different perspective than the rest of us, as it is very much appreciated!

TexasJayhawk
    TexasJayhawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

There's something about that Wyoming QB I'm not into. Very cocky fellow with little to back it up. Great athlete but way too arrogant.

Seems like I'm not only one who lost quite a bit of $ on that WEIRD Tx State game back in September. Definitely quit betting Wyoming after that debacle.

Pivotpoint

Don't read to much into perception that Warriors are weak on road or trips to mainland.

Warriors 4-2 ATS last 6 on the road.

Rainbow Rb Joey Losefa is 240# of muscle. Moves the sticks, eats clock. Hawaii better than record.

Cowboy front 7 soft, allowing 5.1 ypc. See a big day for Losefa here.

TheGaryBusey
    TheGaryBusey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Urban,
    I don't post often but have followed you for a bit and really enjoy/respect hearing your thoughts. You know how to pickem. I would however use some caution in this game. When the lines first came out I had Wyoming circled as well but the more I looked into it the more I was swayed towards Hawaii. Hawaii has a Sagarin SOS of 53 while Wyoming's is 112, so their records are deceiving. I know using the common opponent "transitive property" metric when capping a game is a fool's errand because of all the other variables but Hawaii lost to Colorado State by 7 & Fresno St by 5 while Wyoming lost to those same opponents by 30 & 38 respectively. As you know the Warriors just suffered a tough loss in overtime and I think will be hungry to try and get one in the W column and Wyoming has been atrocious as of late surrendering 199 pts during their 4 game losing streak. I may just end up staying from this one all together. Best of luck and keep up the good work.

Urbanwildlife

Thank you and I am agreeing you Gary at this point! Hope you stick around for the final weeks of the season, and return next year as well.

jscene
    jscene's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1460

The SDSU game last week was in Hawaii.

RPK2004
    RPK2004's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 793

Hawaii spent two weeks on the mainland playing Utah St and flying to Maryland to play Navy. They then flew all the way home and faced San Diego St in a game where the Aztecs turned the ball over 4 times and Hawaii looked like they were going to pull the upset, but blew it exactly like any winless team you have ever watched does and lost a heart breaker in OT. But no rest for the weary as their nightmare continues on another road trip to the mainland and nice welcoming weather and altitude of Laramie in late November, where early weather reports show a high of 34, low of 22 (However, Vegas already knows this and all of this information is already built into the line, so you have to gauge how much you think it will effect the Warriors). Wyoming has now lost 4 in a row, but to 4 of the best teams in the conference. They will have to win this game (their home finale) and pull an upset at Utah St to become bowl eligible, but this is step 1. Hawaii has been playing better lately, but it hasn't shown on the scoreboard. Wyoming has the ability to strike quickly, and against what might be a tired Hawaii squad may take an early lead and not look back. Wyoming coach Christensen also on the hot seat now and this may be a job-saving game, or a going away home gift for the coach. Either way, too many situational edges for the Cowboys to back Hawaii here. I think it's either Cowboys or nothing, in my opinion.
    Last edited by RPK2004; 11-20-13 at 04:46 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Urbanwildlife

Pivotpoint

Quote Originally Posted by jscene View Post
    The SDSU game last week was in Hawaii.
    Thanks for pointing that out. I had that in my head about the b2b which RPK2004 pointed out so well in his follow up post with more detail. B2B was prior to SDSU game. Rainbow warriors getting frequent flyer points, past month. Had to grab my glasses and look again at my printout to see that the SDSU game wasn't in bold.

I was trying to add some points and take pride in detail. Good catch.