ajcobb22
    ajcobb22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 297

Book 'em. Temple is way better than its record suggests and their QB, PJ Walker, will develop into a stud. Conn's horrible versus the pass and is worse versus a dual threat QB. Temple has gotten better and better as the season has progressed and will win their last two games.

UCF had a letdown versus a tricky and tough Temple team (something that I predicted and warned people not to take UCF in a thread where the author was saying UCF would cover the spread). Temple was playing that game like it was their bowl game and had nothing to lose and played like it. Rutgers coming into Orlando on Thursday on a short week following possibly the worst string of bad news in recent memory for their team. DC is a bully, their 2014 class just fell apart with their cornerstone recruit decommiting and suffering an embarrassing loss at home. Their program is in a shambles and their secondary looks horrendous. They are converting a WR to CB this week to pair with a freshman corner on the other end. Injuries galore here and Nova is playing with no confidence. UCF will want to do to Rutgers what they did to Conn several weeks ago to prove they deserve to be tops in the AAC. Ask any questions you might have but I am very confident when it comes to betting the AAC.
    Last edited by ajcobb22; 11-18-13 at 01:26 AM.

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

Do you really think this bullying BS is going to effect their play that much? you need to throw last game out vs Cincy, that is such an outlier. Honestly, I think Rutgers covers here. Probably not going to beat UCF but they can come in and put up a fight.

ajcobb22

Well the fact he is a horrible DC and his defensive secondary is obliterated as well helps too. Think what you will but watch the games vs Houston and Cincy. Pass = blowout for Rutgers with this secondary. Bet against me if you want but I'd prefer you didn't lose money this week.

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

depends on which UCF shows up?

ajcobb22

Quote Originally Posted by irish1 View Post
    I'm a good gauge at which UCF team will show up on gameday. When I've been afraid of a team going into the day (Houston, Memphis and Temple) the Knights prove me right. On the other hand, I also know when the Knights are going to play hard. This is DEFINITELY one of those games.

Tigers1230
    Tigers1230's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

This was a game I circled. UCF's defense is going to be the key here. Yes they are going to put up points but I expect them not to give up more than 17. I am also rolling with Middle Tenn. I have bet against southern miss all year and they shouldn't prove me wrong this week. MTSU coming pff a bye week and going into the worst team in the country's house. Expect a 40point blowout.

CDMKMP
    CDMKMP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

Quote Originally Posted by nvrlose37 View Post
    Do you really think this bullying BS is going to effect their play that much? you need to throw last game out vs Cincy, that is such an outlier. Honestly, I think Rutgers covers here. Probably not going to beat UCF but they can come in and put up a fight.
    Can you explain why it is an outlier? You kinda have to make a case why rather than just declaring it one. That game was basically a pick'em and they got blown the f*ck out.

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by CDMKMP View Post
    Can you explain why it is an outlier? You kinda have to make a case why rather than just declaring it one. That game was basically a pick'em and they got blown the f*ck out.
    Because that wasn't RU style football. They don't get blown out by opponents they are basically equal in talent to. Cincy played out of their minds the entire game and you have to think that it wouldn't happen again. I could point to the Houston trouncing as well but that was more of a second half collapse.

It doesn't make sense I know but I went to Rutgers and become accustomed to their style of play. It doesn't lead to blowouts.

ajcobb22

Quote Originally Posted by CDMKMP View Post
    He could just be saying this without any inside knowledge (likely) or he believes that the early trick plays put it out of reach too soon for Rutgers to give a damn. Heck these guys might not even go with Nova this week as he was on a short leash already after 7 INTs vs Houston and Louisville. One only has to look at the Houston game though to realize this is not an outlier. Bortles has three deep threats in Perriman, Hall and Worton that are going to stretch the Rutgers crappy secondary to its breaking point. If that is not enough, he'll just check it down to Storm Johnson in the soft middle created by the increased attention on those guys. Jeff Godfrey and Josh Reese are in the mix too over the soft middle.

ajcobb22

I'm also adding SMU -4 to this ticket. USF is just so terrible and can't score points unless it's garbage time (their only TD vs Memphis was with under a min left and after the game was already lost). SMU will throw all over these guys. SMU also has to win 2 out of their last 3 to become bowl eligible. With the other games being against Houston and UCF, this is a MUST WIN for them to have any shot.

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Excellent postings ajcobb22!

ajcobb22

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    Excellent postings ajcobb22!
    Thanks Urban! Hopefully some people tail and they make some money. After all, that's the name of the game.

PS: sorry my Knights screwed you this past week but am happy to see you stick with them this week. They won't let you down!

Urbanwildlife

Quote Originally Posted by ajcobb22 View Post
    Thanks Urban! Hopefully some people tail and they make some money. After all, that's the name of the game.

PS: sorry my Knights screwed you this past week but am happy to see you stick with them this week. They won't let you down!
    Much appreciated your kind words my friend, and see you at the pay window!

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

First of all, we are talking about the absolute WORST BCS Eligable Conference since it's inception. Who gives a crap about a one win Temple team against a 0 win UConn team Both teams are caca, and will be caca for the near future. I can see SMU ove USF, but only because USF is awful, however SMU is a poor 1-3 S/U on the road. Rutgers will get killed by UCF, and end up in the Pinstripe Bowl, their last bowl game for years as they join a real conference next season. Cincinnati is a good team, as is Houston, Louisville is very good, but they leave the conference also next season, so UCF had better do their thing this year, because net year, the AAC is relegated to the back of the bus.

ajcobb22

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    First of all, we are talking about the absolute WORST BCS Eligable Conference since it's inception. Who gives a crap about a one win Temple team against a 0 win UConn team Both teams are caca, and will be caca for the near future. I can see SMU ove USF, but only because USF is awful, however SMU is a poor 1-3 S/U on the road. Rutgers will get killed by UCF, and end up in the Pinstripe Bowl, their last bowl game for years as they join a real conference next season. Cincinnati is a good team, as is Houston, Louisville is very good, but they leave the conference also next season, so UCF had better do their thing this year, because net year, the AAC is relegated to the back of the bus.
    We could banter back and forth forever about who is better, what conference is shit, etc. All I want to do is give people some winners vs the spread.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Urbanwildlife

Urbanwildlife

Quote Originally Posted by ajcobb22 View Post
    We could banter back and forth forever about who is better, what conference is shit, etc. All I want to do is give people some winners vs the spread.
    Ignore the Queen my friend, as you cannot make sense to someone who knows absolutely nothing about wagering, who also is a failure in life. She does wear the crown of a Queen very well though. By the way, I am rolling again with CF on everything, for all the reasons you have clearly stated. Thank you for the info.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Quote Originally Posted by irish1 View Post
    I think it's more what Rutgers team shows up. Rutgers is now on my "stay away" list along with Cal and VT (and the entire Big XII). I won't bet any games they play. Too erratic. No edge to be found there.

And I like the Temple pick, especially if Boyle plays for UCONN. That guy is awful. Matt Rhule has done an AWESOME job with Temple despite their record. Down to -8.5, I'm on it.

ajcobb22

So nice.

1-0, got to make money and go watch my favorite team trounce the Scarlet Knights. Pretty good day.

Very confident on Temple and SMU too guys. Just saying. USF gonna be in zombie mode looking ahead to playing my Knights next week.