Skinsbaby
    Skinsbaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 199

Can Auburn cover once again??

Auburn's been a cash cow for me this season But this week scares me any one got a good write up ..to pump me up! I'm thinking laying this parlay into action. Bama -25 Stanford-3 Auburn -3(buy 1/2)

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

Georgia will cover! How many offenses besides TA&M and LSU has Auburn really played? Georgia beat LSU, did Auburn? Think about that? Georgia will expose that Auburn pass Defense. Two of Georgia's losses were against Missouri and Clemson. Would Auburn beat them? Auburn lost to LSU and Georgia didn't. Think about that? Georgia is ready to bring Auburn back into reality!

tennesseety
    tennesseety's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1817

I'm not trying to be argumentative, irish, but Auburn has consistently improved as the season has worn on. And if we are going to ask 'Would Auburn beat. . .' questions, would Auburn beat Vanderbilt? Because Georgia lost to Vanderbilt (not that Vandy is bad). Did Auburn nearly lose to Tennessee in OT? No, they beat Tennessee by 30. I really like this Auburn team. These are players that Gus helped recruit for his system before he was forced out and you can see what he's been able to do with them with time. I am not going to make a big play here, but Auburn is one tough team at home and I think they can win by double digits.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by irish1 View Post
    Georgia will cover! How many offenses besides TA&M and LSU has Auburn really played? Georgia beat LSU, did Auburn? Think about that? Georgia will expose that Auburn pass Defense. Two of Georgia's losses were against Missouri and Clemson. Would Auburn beat them? Auburn lost to LSU and Georgia didn't. Think about that? Georgia is ready to bring Auburn back into reality!
    Clueless post.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: byrdpickem

WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Sure they can........(IF) Auburn's front seven can challenge Georgia's running game because (IF) Dog QB Murray has a good run attack that he can play action off of....might cause the Tiger defense a lot of problems.

Auburn's defense allows 155.6 rushing yards per game, with 189.2 against SEC opponents. Both Arkansas and Tennessee had 100 yard rushers against the Tigers the past two games. Improving against the run has been a point of emphasis this week in practice for the defense.

Keep in mind Auburn has the best rushing attack in the SEC....so Georgia has their hands full also.

THATSRIGHR7
    THATSRIGHR7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 363

I LIVE IN BHAM, AL & IN PAST YRS NEVER LIKE TO BET ON BAMA OR AUB, BUT THIS YR THEY HAVE BEEN CASH COWS FOR ME !!!!
    I REALLY LIKE AUB IN THIS POSITION & BAMA WILL STEAM ROLL MISS ST, ONLY WORRY WITH BAMA IS WHEN DO THEY START RESTING PLAYERS. BUT BACK TO AUB THIS IS A HUGE GAME FOR AUB 2ND TO BAMA. THEY WILL BE READY TO PLAY,TRUST ME & THERE WILL NOT BE ANY PLAYERS RESTING. THEY ARE PLAYING AT A HIGH LEVEL RIGHT NOW & I DONT SEE GEORGIA WINNING IN AUB. AUB HAS BOUGHT IN & BELIEVES THEY ARE 1 OF THE BEST TEAMS IN THE COUNTRY, I KNOW THAT IS PUSHING IT BUT THEY BELIEVE IT. I PREDICT THAT THEY WIN BIG, DOUBLE Ds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
    O & AUB HAS TALENT TO BOOT, & WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO GET RESPECT, I WILL TELL U AFTER THEY BEAT DOWN GEORGIA & THEY KNOW THAT. & DONT TELL ME THEY ARE LOOKING PAST THIS GAME TO THE IRON BOWL. THERE COACH IS TO GOOD FOR THAT. & JUST FOR THE RECORD I AM A HUGE BAMA FAN SO DONT GO THERE.

ChrisInTheMist
    ChrisInTheMist's Avatar Become A Pro!

Georgia clearly isn't a dominate road team, 2 were losses and 2 were by 3 PT gms, while auburn is undefeated at home, regardless Id still put my money on auburn

irish1
    Update your status

Hey, I have won with Auburn on ML wagers and laying points. They are a talented team no doubt but I think Murray is going to put up some heavy duty points. I'm waiting to see if the line goes up anymore because I am taking the points with Georgia. Tomorrow I will put it in.

irish1
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by tennesseety View Post
    I'm not trying to be argumentative, irish, but Auburn has consistently improved as the season has worn on. And if we are going to ask 'Would Auburn beat. . .' questions, would Auburn beat Vanderbilt? Because Georgia lost to Vanderbilt (not that Vandy is bad). Did Auburn nearly lose to Tennessee in OT? No, they beat Tennessee by 30. I really like this Auburn team. These are players that Gus helped recruit for his system before he was forced out and you can see what he's been able to do with them with time. I am not going to make a big play here, but Auburn is one tough team at home and I think they can win by double digits.
    Vandy was a bad loss, because its a game they never should have lost but keep in mind that Gurley their best running back didn't play and has been out for a few games. He will be playing in the Auburn game. Something to think about.

AbadR1
    AbadR1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

Quote Originally Posted by tennesseety View Post

I agree with tenessee. Auburn is getting better each game and the lost to LSU was in the rain in the 1st half, when the rain died down in the 2nd half, Auburn almost came back. If Auburn and LSU played again in good weather condition, I have not doubt Auburn can beat them by one or two touchdowns.

Georgia and Auburn is a big rival game. Probably Auburn's biggest rival next to Alabama. Being a rival games makes it a dangerous move. If you go by numbers Auburn will beat Georgia by the -3.5. However, being a rival, Georgia is going to amp it up. Only thing is, I hope Auburn is not looking ahead for Alabama. If so, they will run into some issues with Georgia. I would not bet the house on it, but maybe your car (joking) If you bet by units 1-5, I give this a 2.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by AbadR1 View Post
    I agree with tenessee. Auburn is getting better each game and the lost to LSU was in the rain in the 1st half, when the rain died down in the 2nd half, Auburn almost came back. If Auburn and LSU played again in good weather condition, I have not doubt Auburn can beat them by one or two touchdowns.

Georgia and Auburn is a big rival game. Probably Auburn's biggest rival next to Alabama. Being a rival games makes it a dangerous move. If you go by numbers Auburn will beat Georgia by the -3.5. However, being a rival, Georgia is going to amp it up. Only thing is, I hope Auburn is not looking ahead for Alabama. If so, they will run into some issues with Georgia. I would not bet the house on it, but maybe your car (joking) If you bet by units 1-5, I give this a 2.
    Bama is in 2 weeks tho...they shouldnt be lookin ahead

irish1
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    Clueless post.
    If you think comparing games against teams they both played is clueless then you are the clueless one!

AbadR1
    AbadR1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    Bama is in 2 weeks tho...they shouldnt be lookin ahead

Raven, I hope so, I got some money riding on Auburn covering. I know Alabama vesus Auburn is a big game and I know Auburn would love to knock Alabama out of the BCS championship game. What is better then winning the BCS? Beating your in-state rival.

aufordboy
    aufordboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

I think this will be a close game but AUB should cover.....I got in early at AU -3

Reener77
    Reener77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7006

If you think comparing games against teams they both played is clueless then you are the clueless one!
    It's not a fair comparison because Georgia played LSU at home and Auburn played at LSU.

irish1
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Reener77 View Post
    It's not a fair comparison because Georgia played LSU at home and Auburn played at LSU.
    That's a valid point. Hey its gonna be a great game that can go either way.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

comparing teams that played like opponents is worthless as there are way too many factors(injuries, scheduling, travel, etc) involved to ever do that. Auburn is red hot right now and has lost to Georgia by 38 points 2 straight years. I lean Auburn here as I simply dont trust Georgia on the road plus their injuries.

WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

One thing going for Auburn is they have been one of the best fourth quarter team's in the SEC. In other words, they are in good shape because of their strength/conditioning workout program.

Last year....the Tigers were the worst in the SEC. PERIOD!!

This game is going to be a war......lot's of penalities the last 10 years....maybe...just maybe influences the game.

irish1
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    comparing teams that played like opponents is worthless as there are way too many factors(injuries, scheduling, travel, etc) involved to ever do that. Auburn is red hot right now and has lost to Georgia by 38 points 2 straight years. I lean Auburn here as I simply dont trust Georgia on the road plus their injuries.
    I agree that injuries are the biggest factor but previous play against similar competition is just another guage, for me anyway. Hey I hope you're right on all your picks, except this one.

Hustler11
    Hustler11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

Quote Originally Posted by thatsrighr7 View Post
    i live in bham, al & in past yrs never like to bet on bama or aub, but this yr they have been cash cows for me !!!!
    I really like aub in this position & bama will steam roll miss st, only worry with bama is when do they start resting players. But back to aub this is a huge game for aub 2nd to bama. They will be ready to play,trust me & there will not be any players resting. They are playing at a high level right now & i dont see georgia winning in aub. Aub has bought in & believes they are 1 of the best teams in the country, i know that is pushing it but they believe it. I predict that they win big, double ds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
    O & aub has talent to boot, & when are they going to get respect, i will tell u after they beat down georgia & they know that. & dont tell me they are looking past this game to the iron bowl. There coach is to good for that. & just for the record i am a huge bama fan so dont go there.
    you mad brooooooooooooooooo!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!? !?!?!?!?!?!?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

After reading this thread i'm still not sure who covers

BrownTown
    BrownTown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 164

Georgia is very solid in their front 7 and stout against the run. Auburn has not faced a D that made them 1 dimensional ... Georgia has the "chance" to make that happen this week. However, don't outthink the room ... Auburn has a lot of momentum and sometimes you have to ride the wave all the way into the beach ... I'm still on the surfboard this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    After reading this thread i'm still not sure who covers

irish1
    Update your status

Who'll win Week 12's biggest games?

FOX Sports
    Share This Story

Updated Nov 14, 2013 2:29 PM ET

Week 11 eliminated, for the foreseeable future anyway, one national title contender when Oregon lost at Stanford.
    This week, one of the premier games features the Auburn Tigers, who have national championship aspirations of their own that are attainable as long as they win out.
    The next hurdle for the Tigers is Georgia, so we'll head to Auburn, Ala., and begin the Week 12 Fearless Predictions there.
    Check out CollegeFootballNews.com for more on this week's games.
    No. 25 Georgia at No. 7 Auburn

Saturday, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS
    Why You Should Give A Hoot: If Auburn loses and Alabama beats Mississippi State, the Crimson Tide will clinch the West and the Iron Bowl won’t matter in terms of the SEC championship. If Georgia loses, South Carolina will get the big break it needs and can win the East by winning out and getting one Missouri loss in the final two games. If the Bulldogs win, they’re still alive for in the East race. To make this even more interesting, if Auburn wins, it’s still alive in the BCS championship hunt.
    The Tigers might not throw the ball a lick, but they’ve been extremely effective on the ground in a six-game winning streak that turned around the program. After a disastrous 2012, Auburn has matured on both sides of the ball, head coach Gus Malzahn has done a wonderful job of adapting game after game and no matter what happens over the final two games of the regular season, this year has been a tremendous success. Of course, beating the Bulldogs for the program’s second double-digit win season since 2006 would be nice.
    Georgia has fought through a slew of injuries and a rough midseason stretch to beat Florida and Appalachian State, and while that might not seem like a big deal, Georgia appears to be back on track and getting a little bit healthier at the right time. With Kentucky and Georgia Tech to close out the regular season, a win over Auburn could be part of a nice run to keep hopes of a 10-win season alive.
    NCAA Predictions

Who's going to win the big game on Saturday? Check out the latest Whatifsports.com college football simulation predictions.

Why Georgia Might Win: Run defense, run defense, run defense. For all the problems the Bulldogs have had, run defense hasn’t really been among them. There were problems early on against Clemson and South Carolina, but the defensive front has been good enough to get by as the season has gone on. While Vanderbilt was able to score four times on the ground and the 17 rushing scores allowed are too many, no one has cranked out more than 200 yards since Week 2 when the Gamecocks rumbled.
    The secondary might give up yards, but it hasn’t allowed a touchdown pass in the last three games -- the safeties are healthier, and it shows. Auburn has thrown the ball 16 times in the last two games, but …
    Why Auburn Might Win: It’s not like the Tigers can’t push the ball deep. There have been some nice moments against decent defenses, throwing for 224 yards against LSU and 339 against Mississippi State. Yes, Auburn prefers to travel on the ground, but Malzahn has been great at switching things up on the fly depending on the opponent. The Bulldog secondary might be fine, but it doesn’t make a slew of big plays and will give up the dinks and dunks now and then. As long as Auburn is patient and doesn’t force much, it should be able to move the ball in a variety of ways.
    What Will Happen: Georgia’s run defense will keep Marshall and Mason in check just enough to get by. The Tiger secondary has been solid against the weak and the sad, but it’s going to be pushed a little bit by Murray. Gurley will have a huge game.
    Prediction: Georgia 34, Auburn 30