Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Houston +15.5 at Louisville must be a joke?

My eyes are getting a little feeble in my old age but did I really see Houston getting 15.5 versus Louisville? WTH? Houston has been flying under the radar all year long. They have quietly covered every spread but 1 this year and you give them that many points against a UL team?

What am I missing here? Someone please tell me before I hock all my wife's jewelry.

TexasJayhawk
    TexasJayhawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    My eyes are getting a little feeble in my old age but did I really see Houston getting 15.5 versus Louisville? WTH? Houston has been flying under the radar all year long. They have quietly covered every spread but 1 this year and you give them that many points against a UL team?

What am I missing here? Someone please tell me before I hock all my wife's jewelry.
    Yeh I'm wondering the same thing...waiting on some of our local media (Houstonian here) to discuss possible injuries, etc.
    That or the books have way too much confidence in Louisville...

RPK2004
    RPK2004's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 793

I agree, UH has flown under the radar and improve every game, especially QB O'Korn. I was on UCF -10 last week and Houston did exactly what I was hoping they wouldn't, which was make a come back and backdoor cover and then almost pull the outright upset. Quite a few points to lay on a team who has seemed lethargic the entire year in Louisville against a young and excited Cougs here. Plus, why not ride the Houston money train as the books haven't given us a reason otherwise all year (except once, which I was on and lost). Good luck!

Mayonnaise
    Mayonnaise's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 412

I wouldnt be surprised if houston wins this game straight up... 15.5 is a gift

ajcobb22
    ajcobb22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 297

Ummmmmm...crushing, BCS-killing defeat anyone? Also, Louisville needs style points to try to jump Fresno St and NIU. I am taking UL guys. Anyone who tails can thank me later.

Microbetter
    Microbetter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13606

UCF beat both. Houston showed their vulnerablity last week. Houston relies on the pass, while L'ville is good against the pass. Houston is also a smaller team compared to L'ville.

rkellyatrecess
    rkellyatrecess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1928

Quote Originally Posted by ajcobb22 View Post
    Ummmmmm...crushing, BCS-killing defeat anyone? Also, Louisville needs style points to try to jump Fresno St and NIU. I am taking UL guys. Anyone who tails can thank me later.
    Explain this logic. Fresno and NIU only have to stay ahead of the AAC champion. Unless UCF loses, Louisville is virtually eliminated.

ajcobb22
    ajcobb22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 297

Louisville keeps getting rated higher than UCF in the human polls(Coaches and Harris polls). Fresno St. losing against BSU isn't out of the question and NIU might get jumped by UCF and Louisville in the BCS polls by the end of the year. Lousivlle getting some style points here could make them an at-large for a BCS bowl. Not too far fetched imo.

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think the books know the love affair for Teddy Bridgewater is not over for the public and that seeing Louisville gets their blood running. RU and UCF were both +2 TDs and we all had the same conversation of trap or not and in both cases they were not traps.

tennesseety
    tennesseety's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1817

I'm not making a play either way here, but I am not sure Louisville is capable of making any kind of statement. The 2-3 times I have watched the Cards this year, I was not at all impressed and it's not like it was against good competition (i.e. Rutgers).

ChrisInTheMist
    ChrisInTheMist's Avatar Become A Pro!

Louisville keeps getting rated higher than UCF in the human polls(Coaches and Harris polls). Fresno St. losing against BSU isn't out of the question and NIU might get jumped by UCF and Louisville in the BCS polls by the end of the year. Lousivlle getting some style points here could make them an at-large for a BCS bowl. Not too far fetched imo.
    Lol style points? Where were those style points against 0-8 uconn? A team that UCF put 60+ Points on while Louisville only got 30.. And UCF could only put 19 on UH. You're acting like UH is some garbage team that's gonna get run over, and that's not the case, I expect this to be very close with UH covering

Givemhell Horns
    Givemhell Horns's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jayhawk fans, give y'all credit for still being into football as bad as your football team has been over the years. GL in BB, should have another outstanding year.

etothep
    etothep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 4 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: CDMKMP, tennesseety, Stelio Kontos, and Killer_Demo

Mac4Lyfe

I really think UH is going to win straight up. I keep looking at this and wonder what's missing? The only thing I see favoring UL is Bridgewater and home field advantage. I'm loving Houston here but trying to figure out is this an okie doke???

Quote Originally Posted by Mayonnaise View Post
    I wouldnt be surprised if houston wins this game straight up... 15.5 is a gift

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

First, it does not matter who is rated higher. The rules say that if a non BCS team finishes higher than a BCS Conference CHAAMPION, that school gets an automatic BCS bid if they are ranked 16th or higher. End of that debate.

Now as far as the game itself is concerned, Louisville has the #2 ranked defense overall, as well as running and passing. That is what the difference is.

Boddhissatva
    Boddhissatva's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1140

Yeah, this line made me wonder in bemusement as well...a $hit Connecticut team scored on Louisville and Louisville couldn't do anything to stop UCF and prevent from squandering a 21 point lead over them.

I don't think Houston wins out right but they will keep it close.

all Louisville has is a tough, great QB in Bridgewater and an over rated defense.

TexasJayhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Givemhell Horns View Post
    Jayhawk fans, give y'all credit for still being into football as bad as your football team has been over the years. GL in BB, should have another outstanding year.
    Haha I don't really follow KU football just like y'all shouldn't follow y'all's basketball program. 4 generations of Jayhawks in my family, and 1 uncle who went/graduated from K. State. That's enough for me to root for K state football and KU basketball.

RPK2004
    RPK2004's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 793

Unfortunately, I do follow KU football, however, it has officially been basketball season in Lawrence since Friday, so its all good. They actually are not as bad as the scores of the games indicate, but are still pretty bad. I can't say that I root for K-St in football, but I am a fan of coach Snyder. Hate K-St in bball though.

Another important note that hasn't been mentioned regarding the L'Ville/UH game is that Houston leads the nation in turnover differential, which when given 16+ points, that adds up to a cover machine. The arguments about style points are valid, but only if L'Ville is undefeated here. They could beat Houston by 50, but in the eyes of the public, it won't change anyone's mind about if they deserve a BCS bid or not, so that is a moot point. Besides the fact that Lousville doesn't have the overall talent to just run the score up at will. They certainly have the ability to cover this number, but I just don't think the motivation is there.

Mayonnaise

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I really think UH is going to win straight up. I keep looking at this and wonder what's missing? The only thing I see favoring UL is Bridgewater and home field advantage. I'm loving Houston here but trying to figure out is this an okie doke???
    only thing i can grasp it boosters got so much money on it thinking about a easy play, i know UH just lost to UCF this weekend, but i feel they r still a better team, and we seen what UCF did to LVILLE on the road....

lol UH has only NOT covered one game this year mac at -19.5... i like UH all day here, i wouldnt be able to sleep at night if i put my money on LV

Mac4Lyfe

This first half shit was easy. Let's go Cougs. Close this shit out.

Selection : Houston U 11/16/2013 4:00PM - (PST)Money Line +450 for 1st Half

Patrickz0rs
    Patrickz0rs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 493

Second half line -10.5. I could easily see Louisville covering -17 here.

Mac4Lyfe

That line was way out of wack. I'm glad I hammered UH. If the QB could have gotten his head out of his ass, they could have took this game to OT.

Let's cash this bitch anyway.

Mayonnaise

We got PAID MAC!!!!!

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Mayonnaise View Post
    We got PAID MAC!!!!!

15805's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16182

Quote Originally Posted by tennesseety View Post
    I'm not making a play either way here, but I am not sure Louisville is capable of making any kind of statement. The 2-3 times I have watched the Cards this year, I was not at all impressed and it's not like it was against good competition (i.e. Rutgers).
    Anyone seeing Louisville play Rutgers & UCF would take the pts. with Houston. I got 16 & it went up to 17 how is that possible. I'm 3 for 3 taking the points against Louisville. All 3 games Louisville played at home. It's funny but they'll play
    Cinncinnati away in 2 weeks I don't see how the oddsmakers make Louisville a big favorite again but if they do
    I'll go big on Cinncinnati. Cinncinnati should stuff Louisville at home.

The guy who has lost the most respect sizing up Louisville is Mel Kyper the draft expert who has Louisville QB as his
    #1 QB in the draft. Bridgewater has been absolutely mediocre at best in the 3 games I've seen. Any team that picks him even in the 1st round will be making a big mistake.

CDMKMP
    CDMKMP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

Hah man I was bummed I wanted money on this but had everything in my 5D account riding on another game (which won, but didn't settle in time).

I did put money on Houston +10 2nd half but it pushed. Can't be too mad about that but really wanted to get that +17 line before kickoff

I am never impressed with Louisville when i actually sit down and watch a game, though I was surprised to see how beastly their defense is today when they pulled up the national ranking categories.

TexasJayhawk

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    First, it does not matter who is rated higher. The rules say that if a non BCS team finishes higher than a BCS Conference CHAAMPION, that school gets an automatic BCS bid if they are ranked 16th or higher. End of that debate.

Now as far as the game itself is concerned, Louisville has the #2 ranked defense overall, as well as running and passing. That is what the difference is.
    Yeh about that....