No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

The Fresno State/Wyoming total was 81?

Why?

Fresno averages 44 points per game and gives up 29.

Wyoming averages 36 points per game and gives up 32.

Plus it's 35 degrees, windy, wind chill of 26....

JM17
    JM17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 828

da fuq

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by JM17 View Post
    da fuq
    I just now noticed this. I normally don't even really look at totals, but checked to see what it was. Stunned that it was over 70.

SaMSoLeeT
    SaMSoLeeT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

i saw it too and was like wtf how is that even possible lol.... i almost played the under but i was too late

CDMKMP
    CDMKMP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

I think it was maybe cuz Wyoming was coming off a bye. Though by the same token Fresno ratcheted up their D the past four games and gave up less points.

Anyway, I put big money on u80 (took it before it was 81)

Oh and for what it's worth Wyoming played pretty solid D up until the second half. There haven't been as many big passing plays as you'd think looking at it on paper.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by CDMKMP View Post
    I think it was maybe cuz Wyoming was coming off a bye. Though by the same token Fresno ratcheted up their D the past four games and gave up less points.

Anyway, I put big money on u80 (took it before it was 81)

Oh and for what it's worth Wyoming played pretty solid D up until the second half. There haven't been as many big passing plays as you'd think looking at it on paper.
    Wouldn't the weather (cold and windy) have something to do with that?

I wouldn't expect to see this total in a dome, let alone a 30 degree night in Laramie.

CDMKMP
    CDMKMP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

I think it's more that Wyoming was actually playing good D on the first couple series, and then Fresno realized they could run it on them. They aren't going nearly as uptempo as they normally would and the clock is running a lot with less passes.

But yeah, I took the u80 cuz it seemed ludicrously high. You pretty much need everything to go right to hit an over like that. People probably got caught up in the fact that on paper they are two really prolific pass offenses with shitty D.

Which is funny cuz I had Illinois/Indiana u79 earlier and smartly hedged it at halftime once I realized neither team could stop a drive to save their penetrating life.