WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Auburn @ Arkansas (6pm EST)

Truth be known, these two head coaches don't like each other. There has been plenty of bulletin board material flying around going back months. Last I heard, neither Malzahn or Bielema will suit up and play today so on to the game.

The key matchup in my opinion is Auburn's offensive line against Arkansas' defensive line. The Tigers have allowed only seven sacks, tied for second best in the SEC. They lead the SEC in rushing yards at 315 per game. The past three games, they have rushed for an average 437 yards per game. Arkansas has a good front four...maybe the best the Tigers have faced all season.

The Razorbacks don't throw the ball much and average an SEC worst 146 yards per game. There won't be a lot of passing from the Hogs so look for a lot of freshman running back Alex Collins over and over between the tackles. The kid is a player and averages 100 yards a game.

I don't expect a lot of passes by either team but that doesn't mean there won't be a lot of points. This game has over 54/54.5 written all over it...something like 42-17 Auburn. Also, knowing Auburn's top QB has a bad shoulder....the -7.5 is a gift in my opinion.

Welcome any comments............................

Potentate
    Skirred Money
    Potentate's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks for the write-up, food for thought on a game where I've got no real lean...

Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

I had this game @ Aub -9. Will take a liitle extra value from line move @ -7 1/2.

Believe better chance (safer play) of Auburn rolling here, than over. Ark only averages 20 ppg. Correct that neither team passes much. Could be fast game with little clock stoppage on majority run plays.

Ark rush defense allows a whopping 172/4.6. Tigers Rush O 316/6.4. They should have a big day on the ground. Added safety with trio of men that can carry the rock Mason, Grant and Artis-Payne.

Very unlikely that Tigs go under 300 yards in this game on the ground. Feel they control tempo and wear down Hogs. Rotation of fresh talented RB's behind strong O line, as noted, should let Tigs roll.

Possibility that Bielema might look at some younger guys in this game? We'll see. gl with your play.

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Upset