No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Duke +14 and possibly +410 at VT; Iowa State +13 and possibly +380 vs. Okie State

Can't believe the Hokies are ranked as high as they are. This team is not that good. Not sure if the Dookies can actually win this game, but I like the +14 here. A lot. I know Logan Thomas seems to be born again at QB, but I'm still not convinced he's as consistent as he's shown.

Same ranking-wise goes for Oklahoma State, which has ? all over their offense. Quarterback and RB situations are up in the air. I know Iowa State lost a million to 7 at Baylor last week, but I think Rhoads rallies the troops. I'll take the 13 on the Cyclones' home turf here every day of the week -- especially in a bounceback situation against a team that is vastly overrated.

JabooFootball
    JabooFootball's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Hokies only loss is to the number 1 ranked team in the country. I don't think they'll cover (avg margin of victory in last five games is 8 points) but I do think they win.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by JabooFootball View Post
    The Hokies only loss is to the number 1 ranked team in the country. I don't think they'll cover (avg margin of victory in last five games is 8 points) but I do think they win.
    I'm not saying VT or Oklahoma State are bad football teams by any means, but I don't think they're Top 15-20 material, either.

Jotoole0821
    Jotoole0821's Avatar Become A Pro!

VT will definitely cover against duke
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Urbanwildlife

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Virgina Tech wins its games with defense, ranked 3rd in the nation the last time I looked, and this week is going to be no different, but the offense this week is going to help the defense out by putting some points up on Duke. Two other important things to consider:
    1). Virgina Tech is healthy and coming off a bye week.
    2). It is a home game for Virgina Tech in a very difficult stadium for a visiting team.

DATE OPPONENT RESULT/TIME
    Sat, Aug 31
    Sat, Sept 7
    Sat, Sept 14
    Sat, Sept 21
    Thu, Sept 26
    Sat, Oct 5
    Sat, Oct 12

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    Virgina Tech wins its games with defense, ranked 3rd in the nation the last time I looked, and this week is going to be no different, but the offense this week is going to help the defense out by putting some points up on Duke. Two other important things to consider:
    1). Virgina Tech is healthy and coming off a bye week.
    2). It is a home game for Virgina Tech in a very difficult stadium for a visiting team.

DATE OPPONENT RESULT/TIME
    Sat, Aug 31
    Sat, Sept 7
    Sat, Sept 14
    Sat, Sept 21
    Thu, Sept 26
    Sat, Oct 5
    Sat, Oct 12
    They beat a mediocre (at best) Marshall team in overtime, and had a pair of 10-point wins over shitty North Carolina and Pitt. I'm sorry if I'm not impressed.

TexasJayhawk
    TexasJayhawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

V Tech has the best defense in the country hands down.
    However like Michigan State in the first half of the season, their offense SUCKS.
    All of V Tech's opponents know QB Logan Thomas is trash so they can easily stack 8 (even 9) inside the box...hence V Tech's pathetic rushing yards per game.
    That lack of offensive production is the reason they haven't blown anybody out this year and why I think 13.5 pts vs a pretty solid Duke team is too much.
    I see V Tech winning by 8-10 points EASILY. Duke hasn't played a defense on Virginia Tech's level this year.

Definitely taking the under on this one.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

like iowa st more

wufpakman21
    wufpakman21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3649

Quote Originally Posted by TexasJayhawk View Post
    V Tech has the best defense in the country hands down.
    However like Michigan State in the first half of the season, their offense SUCKS.
    All of V Tech's opponents know QB Logan Thomas is trash so they can easily stack 8 (even 9) inside the box...hence V Tech's pathetic rushing yards per game.
    That lack of offensive production is the reason they haven't blown anybody out this year and why I think 13.5 pts vs a pretty solid Duke team is too much.
    I see V Tech winning by 8-10 points EASILY. Duke hasn't played a defense on Virginia Tech's level this year.

Definitely taking the under on this one.
    Oregon says "Hello"!

Scratch 23
    Scratch 23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 193

Like the Isu call. Only because i'm remembering the egg OSU layed as big faves @ W. Virginia. They don't seem to be road worthy dd faves imo. I heard Beemer talking about the matchup on CFB daily with Duke and he had nothing but praise for the Blue Devils. Sounded a little bit worried.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Duke will not move the ball like you think

Oteder
    Oteder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1428

Guys Logan is playing better also

Cause-I-Need-It
    Cause-I-Need-It's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Duke will not move the ball like you think
    Duke Fan

I would love to say I believe we can pull it out, but VaTech's defense is really good.

If we start slow again this week, VaTech will cruise. This should be in the 17 to 20 cover range, and over.

We need 1 more win for a bowl, and this isn't going to be the one.

Okst.BIGPLAYS
    Okst.BIGPLAYS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 703

Same to be said about OSU. Oklahoma state defense is only letting opponents avg 18 points a game and that is with the chit game in WV and letting UTSA score in the 4th quarter(14+) and put in the 3rd string because of the coaching ties there with UTSA Head coach and Gundy. This team (OSU) has not even come close to peeking on offense, QB situation??? None Chelf has been on the team for 4 years now and the kid can play and knows Gundys offense...OSU liked Walsh in a slim QB battle ONLY because of his legs..RB situation?? None OSU has pumped out a quality running back the past 6 years or so and going (Bell,Hunter,Smith,Randle)...the recruiting has been great for Gundy. Gundy will have his guys ready to play in this game as if YOU might not remember but ISU spoiled a possible perfect season with a possible National Championship bid 2 years ago!!! Gundy has been waiting for this game...GUARANTEED!!! BEWARE of this game if your are on ISU. There are plenty of other games that a far better that this one to bet on. BOL

Last edited by Okst.BIGPLAYS; 10-24-13 at 10:15 PM. Reason: spelling

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Well Iowa State was a disaster, but the Dookies pulled it out.

Logan Thomas still sucks.

VT exposed. Miami is next.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Okst.BIGPLAYS View Post
    Same to be said about OSU. Oklahoma state defense is only letting opponents avg 18 points a game and that is with the chit game in WV and letting UTSA score in the 4th quarter(14+) and put in the 3rd string because of the coaching ties there with UTSA Head coach and Gundy. This team (OSU) has not even come close to peeking on offense, QB situation??? None Chelf has been on the team for 4 years now and the kid can play and knows Gundys offense...OSU liked Walsh in a slim QB battle ONLY because of his legs..RB situation?? None OSU has pumped out a quality running back the past 6 years or so and going (Bell,Hunter,Smith,Randle)...the recruiting has been great for Gundy. Gundy will have his guys ready to play in this game as if YOU might not remember but ISU spoiled a possible perfect season with a possible National Championship bid 2 years ago!!! Gundy has been waiting for this game...GUARANTEED!!! BEWARE of this game if your are on ISU. There are plenty of other games that a far better that this one to bet on. BOL

Nice call.

ISU is a mess right now, too. Wow. I think they've given up like 130 some points in the last two weeks.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Good call on Duke my friend

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    Good call on Duke my friend
    Thanks. Really pathetic loss from VT, given how well their D played.

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

Net win, well called as VT looked like Jacksonville today.

Fettirooski
    Fettirooski's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Duke finished with 198 yards, threw four picks, didn't complete a pass in the second half. Still won

VT still has the best defense in the country. Bud Foster has to be livid that the other side of the ball didn't produce.

Brutus84
    Brutus84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

Bud Foster should find another team. Id be pissed too. Logan Thomas went from a top 15 pick a few years ago to undrafted.