petac
    petac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

LA-Lafayette vs Arkansas State - some Tuesday night football folks!

This is a hard game to handicap. Thinking of ULL revenge factor from last year has to go into play here. Whats your feel for tonight's game folks?

Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

I'm playing ULL.

AchillesTG
    AchillesTG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6000

I am making a small play on the Ragin Cajuns:

1. Momentum
    2. Revenge
    3. Fading Brandon Lang

BOL

Eric22174
    Eric22174's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3599

ULL seems like the play. But i'm hesitant to react on that. Reason being the QB for Arkansas State was a transfer QB from Utah State. ULL has limited film on this kid and outside of the few games in which he won for Utah State he hasn't seen much playing time outside of this year. Arkansas State has a 1st year head coach this year as well. At about this time of the year your team starts to gel under a first year head coach. If people remember correctly earlier this week the spread was at -4.5 and it dropped as they received 80% of the money. That was earlier in the week. Just saying. If you are talking strength of competition Arkansas State has seen that hands down. BTW the new coach for Arkansas State was an assistant at Boise State in 2000. I think he learned a few things under Peterson. He was the offensive cord and QB's coach at Texas the last two years.
    Last edited by Eric22174; 10-22-13 at 02:50 PM.

Trmeyer
    Trmeyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

I can't decide on a side for this game. My numbers have ULL winning by 5, but Ark st has had a tougher schedule and they're at home. I capped this game and came up with a total of 63. I love the fact that both teams are run heavy and rush for over 200 yards per game. I'm taking under 68.5. Not sure either team lights it up here, GL

Eric22174
    Eric22174's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3599

Quote Originally Posted by Trmeyer View Post
    I can't decide on a side for this game. My numbers have ULL winning by 5, but Ark st has had a tougher schedule and they're at home. I capped this game and came up with a total of 63. I love the fact that both teams are run heavy and rush for over 200 yards per game. I'm taking under 68.5. Not sure either team lights it up here, GL
    I'm on the other side with the over. Both teams give up on average 6.1 yards per play. If you ask Cajun fans on the ESPN site they will tell you it's going to be high scoring and if Arkansas State shows up it could be a rout. Otherwise i'm seeing Cajun's win anywhere from 3 pts to 15 pts.

rockmvp1209
    rockmvp1209's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3931

o 34 fir half

TunaFish51
    TunaFish51's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8490

ark st is 3-0 at home also

petac

some good info here people! thanks! so whats the side we are all on?

JabooFootball
    JabooFootball's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im on the over. I think Arkansas State might have a slight edge through the air as Kennedy has seen tougher looks from SEC schools and done quite well. Bear in mind Arkansas State is more balanced than their stats dictate. If you discount their first game of the season (where they ran 53 times for 500+ yads and 5 TDs) they have a pretty even number of run plays and pass plays and an equal number of TDs each. I dont particulaly think home field means a whole lot since Kennedy has a better completion pct on the road (and his completion pct against teams in the top 25 is even higher than that!). If Ark St throws in the manner I think they will, Broadway will have to air it out also. He was throwing quite well prior to the WKU game, accounting for half of his seasons passing yardage and 2/3 of his touchdowns in the previous 2 competitions.
    O68
    Last edited by JabooFootball; 10-22-13 at 04:54 PM.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

This game cant be any worse than last night MNF game.

JabooFootball
    JabooFootball's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Demo View Post
    This game cant be any worse than last night MNF game.
    I doubt either QB will have a sub 50 completion pct... although Broadway did last week.

AchillesTG

For all us degenerates, at least we can play football 5 or 6 days a week!

Wonder if NFL and NCAAF get a little under the table money from the Books?

They only scheduled these Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday games for the gamblers.

theprofessor71
    theprofessor71's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 653

Ull has a massive ol and good runners at rb and qb. Look for them to wear down a smaller front and play ball control like they did in the 2h last week against wky. Ull. Plus...

FADE LANG!!!!

the1outlaw
    the1outlaw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 805

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor71 View Post
    Ull has a massive ol and good runners at rb and qb. Look for them to wear down a smaller front and play ball control like they did in the 2h last week against wky. Ull. Plus...

FADE LANG!!!!
    And he won last night...so you know the L is coming today for the Langatang!

petac

so we agree here ull the play tonight? 5dimes has them at -2.5 , so no hook necessary. Do we all agree here?

AchillesTG

Now this is how a thread should work!

No Trolls
    No Haters
    People providing helpful information
    Came to a consensus
    petac made a winning play!

Well done!