WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

North Carolina coaching "High School"

I took North Carolina and the points so I'm happy to win. My beef is these tar heel kids played their hearts out and because of a pitiful coaching job...come out a loser.

I admit I touted Fedora as a good fit for NC because of his history at Southern Miss. Screw that noise....may have been a bit premature because seems he just lost.

Tonight was one of the worst coaching jobs I have seen this season. The players won...the XXXXXXX weak effort by the coaching staff lost. Frecken high school.

As an old coach......got to love the players effort.....F+ for the coaching. Pitiful!!!!

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

The delay of game with 5:30 to play? That was inexcusable and unbelievable. Probably cost them the game. What else did he do?

WorkHorse

My friend, when your special teams gives up a touchdown on a field goal try.....in a NEEDED GAME (1-4)...someone AIN'T doing their job coaching. Hell, there were so many late play calls that put the QB in pressure situations and sorryass play calls...so many fxxxxxx stupid play calls that were mind boggling...plus other crap that anyone familiar with basic football would recognize.

The North Carolina players "did NOT lose" this game. I don't give a crap how you justify it.

Like I said...I won on NC...........doesn't mean I have to like it.

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Congratulations on your win amigo! The "in game thread" was a lot of fun and we ended up with 14 pages!

WorkHorse

Urban, up until about an hour before game time this game was a pass for me and my crowd.

Got a call from an old timer in Tampa who ask me who I liked. Told him I was passing and he said he had good info Miami's running backs were hurting.

Studied the lines and judged there was a reason nothing posted 10 or above....never fight the books.

Urbanwildlife

Sure happy to see you posting again here! Happy happy happy!

WorkHorse

Urban...your sponk has picked up this CFB forum at SBR...KUTOS Bud.

SBR should be a leader in not only CFB but other sports....damn good people available to realize that.

As I have said on many occasions....it's a TEAM effort....Posters (AND) Mods. Stupid on either side screws up the entire WHOLE.
    Mods who don't understand/recognize this is a business.....don't belong an should be replaced. Just business!

Some make things happen...some wonder what happens???????

Urbanwildlife

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    Thank you for stopping by our thread Louisvillekid1, as it is much appreciated! Hopefully the thread can stick to information instead of the bullshit so many threads end up being, or people making comments of no value or interest. This is why it would be great to have a forum where the originator of a thread has the ability to moderate his own thread, by deleting comments, and blocking individuals from posting on it if he so chooses. I know this can be done, as I have seen it on other types of internet forums.
    I still am bitching about the lack of moderation but it does no good. Here is a classic. A poster last week made a comment to another poster who only posted plays, that he should put up some type of write up to support his position on why he made that particular play. The original poster took offense to that. I then made a comment that the purpose of the forum is to share information, not just posting a play, as that has no value, and is not helpful to anyone. The piece of shit jjgold comes to the rescue, and posts that write ups are not necessary, as they can only confuse someone. lol There is your moderator. Unfricking real. The post I quoted above was from a post I made the other day on my thread.

carolinacapper
    carolinacapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8766

I agree the coaching for UNC was poor-don't understand the protection on FG, why would EMLOS block down instead of protecting the edge? Also, no excuse for delay of game penalty - feel bad for UNC kids. Don't think Miami played their best but also don't think they are a top 10 team either

fecgp40
    fecgp40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5185

Both teams made lots of mistakes. Miami was without two of their best offensive players for almost the whole game, and their best safety. Stephen Morris was AWFUL and threw four interceptions. How about giving Miami credit for winning the game? They were down seven and drove 90 yards in the last four minutes for the winning score. That's clutch. I agree UNC coaching was horrid, but there are two sides to every tale.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Urbanwildlife

Huckleberry Pig
    Huckleberry Pig's Avatar Become A Pro!

No reason for the delay of game call. Esp when you had all 3 timeouts. That was a game changer.

I do agree with fec, Miami overcame a lot of adversity that game. Don't think they're a top ten team with Morris at QB, kid just makes too many mistakes (terrible footwork and no pocket patience), but I was Impressed that they were able to come back.