Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Texas Tech vs West Virginia (Tripper?)

Anybody else on Texas Tech at -6? West Virginia has looked horrible this year. I watched the full texas tech game last week liked what I saw. Very physical defense. Good offense? Why is this line so low? Tripper share some thoughts if you see this trhead

SilverTongueFox
    SilverTongueFox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5303

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Demo View Post
    Anybody else on Texas Tech at -6? West Virginia has looked horrible this year. I watched the full texas tech game last week liked what I saw. Very physical defense. Good offense? Why is this line so low? Tripper share some thoughts if you see this trhead
    Killer, did you see what happened to Okie St when they made a trip to WV for that early kick? Different WV team at home. And their offense has been putting up some pts since that Maryland game.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Also it's WVU's biggest revenge game this year. TTU derailed their season last year. And what about Tech's disastrous special teams that gave ISU 3 TDs last week?

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!
    Night-Tripper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3326

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Demo View Post
    You oughta know by now that I see every thread... but I only get interested enough to jump in on a few of them.

Anyway, I was going to pass on the Tech/WVU game, but after doing a little research before giving you my reply, I may have to reconsider. Historically, I've generally only played my alma mater when they were not only a dog, but a dog that was going against an opponent where they weren't given an ice cubes chance of making it through hell. Now, I don't think that Tech is worthy of a large play against WVU, but they are worth a look.

Until I saw this thread, I hadn't even taken a look at this game because not only is Tech a road favorite, but they've also got Oklahoma on tap next week. However, over the past six years, Tech is 3-2 both SU/ATS the week before they play the Sooners (1-0 against an unranked opponent). Over the same time period, the Red Raiders are 22-17 as a favorite and 8-2 as a road favorite. Tech is also 8-4 over the last six years when favored by 7 or less both SU and ATS. So, thanks to your post, I now know that if you're going to bet the game it boils down to this, who do you think will win the game? Past data indicates that Tech will either win and cover, or lose outright.

I am going to wait to see if the line will go down to 5.5 again (missed it earlier this week) or lower and play Tech, because I don't think the Red Raiders are as good as their record indicates... and I can see them losing out after this weekend... so they need to beat the Mountaineers, who I consider to be their last beatable opponent.

I hope this helps you...

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

Quote Originally Posted by Night-Tripper View Post
    You oughta know by now that I see every thread... but I only get interested enough to jump in on a few of them.

Anyway, I was going to pass on the Tech/WVU game, but after doing a little research before giving you my reply, I may have to reconsider. Historically, I've generally only played my alma mater when they were not only a dog, but a dog that was going against an opponent where they weren't given an ice cubes chance of making it through hell. Now, I don't think that Tech is worthy of a large play against WVU, but they are worth a look.

Until I saw this thread, I hadn't even taken a look at this game because not only is Tech a road favorite, but they've also got Oklahoma on tap next week. However, over the past six years, Tech is 3-2 both SU/ATS the week before they play the Sooners (1-0 against an unranked opponent). Over the same time period, the Red Raiders are 22-17 as a favorite and 8-2 as a road favorite. Tech is also 8-4 over the last six years when favored by 7 or less both SU and ATS. So, thanks to your post, I now know that if you're going to bet the game it boils down to this, who do you think will win the game? Past data indicates that Tech will either win and cover, or lose outright.

I am going to wait to see if the line will go down to 5.5 again (missed it earlier this week) or lower and play Tech, because I don't think the Red Raiders are as good as their record indicates... and I can see them losing out after this weekend... so they need to beat the Mountaineers, who I consider to be their last beatable opponent.

I hope this helps you...
    Good info...Thx tripper already got the -6 bet in for me

CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Have not done work on this one but the line looks low to me...........gotta to think WVU the side.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

It looks like the line will settle around Tech -6. Tech has the better team and the better HC, but faces a look-ahead situation. They go to Norman next week to face an OU team home for the first time since the Texas debacle and a team that can ill afford another conference loss. This game, and the home game against K-State are probably the only two games left in the season that Tech has a realistic shot at winning. If Kingsbury can keep their mind on the business at hand, Tech should cover.

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!

Quote Originally Posted by CappinTerp View Post
    Have not done work on this one but the line looks low to me...........gotta to think WVU the side.
    The Red Raiders are not a top tier team... in fact, damn near every media projection had Tech, WVU, Kansas and Iowa State bringing up the (Big-XII) rear, and that may still end up being the case. In my opinion, the opening line of 8 was highly inflated. Now that it has dropped to 5, I think it's just about right.

Anyone playing WVU should consider playing only the money line.

Microbetter
    Microbetter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13606

FWIW One of the CFB Daily on ESPN hosts picked WVU to upset.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

Quote Originally Posted by Microbetter View Post
    FWIW One of the CFB Daily on ESPN hosts picked WVU to upset.
    Now I feel more confident in my TT pick...ESPN guys are hacks

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

The Red Raiders are not a top tier team... in fact, damn near every media projection had Tech, WVU, Kansas and Iowa State bringing up the (Big-XII) rear, and that may still end up being the case. In my opinion, the opening line of 8 was highly inflated. Now that it has dropped to 5, I think it's just about right.

Anyone playing WVU should consider playing only the money line.
    What? Why? How much do you see Tech winning by?

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    What? Why? How much do you see Tech winning by?
    I'm not saying they will win... I simply feel that -5 is a fair value. As far as my WVU moneyline comment goes... that's what Tech's historical trends as a favorite of 7 or less indicate. The Red Raiders either win AND cover, or lose the game outright. So, if you like WVU, save the juice and play the moneyline. When the line is 10 or less, I almost always play spread/moneyline on dogs, because I don't make a habit of playing dogs that I think will cover... I play dogs that I think have a 50/50 chance of winning the game. (I will play large dogs that I think can be competitive on spread only, but as a rule, I prefer to play dogs that I think can win.)

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

I'm not saying they will win... I simply feel that -5 is a fair value. As far as my WVU moneyline comment goes... that's what Tech's historical trends as a favorite of 7 or less indicate. The Red Raiders either win AND cover, or lose the game outright. So, if you like WVU, save the juice and play the moneyline. When the line is 10 or less, I almost always play spread/moneyline on dogs, because I don't make a habit of playing dogs that I think will cover... I play dogs that I think have a 50/50 chance of winning the game. (I will play large dogs that I think can be competitive on spread only, but as a rule, I prefer to play dogs that I think can win.)
    Im the same way. I only play dogs I feel will win. But I only really take the ML on dogs that are +3 or less. So since you feel -5 is fair for this, do you feel they'll just barely cover? Reason why I ask is because I was going to tease WVU. But if Tech may blow them out, then I wont even bother

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    Im the same way. I only play dogs I feel will win. But I only really take the ML on dogs that are +3 or less. So since you feel -5 is fair for this, do you feel they'll just barely cover? Reason why I ask is because I was going to tease WVU. But if Tech may blow them out, then I wont even bother
    Dude... don't get me to lying. Tech could win by 7, by 17, or lose the game outright. If you can still find WVU at +6.5 or better, I would think the teaser would be good.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

Refs on WV...TT gets a int....called back, get WV to 4th down...flag....total BS

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

come on Tech need a stop right now. and some points

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

Stop by Tech! get some points now

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

I'm on WV+5 per Phil Steele.....going to be close. Teased +11.5....that looks safe. Tough trip for a Texas team....long way from home

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

It WV does cover....it was that fumble when it would've been 20-3

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

Amaro!!!!

ChrisInTheMist
    ChrisInTheMist's Avatar Become A Pro!

penetrate ya pleas no 1 min td I'll go insane