trendon
    trendon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3681

I Really, Really, Really Like Iowa

Full disclosure: I am frigging terrible; like probably 46% over the past two years terrible.

I see people talking about how Minnesota's win over San Jose State was a solid win and I think a lot of that is some misplaced belief that this year's SJSU team is like the previous couple. I know it is taboo to say this but I really see Iowa having their way with Minnesota.

But, again, heed my initial warning.

stocker08
    stocker08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 563

As a Gopher fan.....I really have no read on this game. Personally, I believe it to be a toss up with the slight edge going to the Gophers as the home team. The SJSU win looks a hell of a lot less impressive after seeing their game against USU......but USU might also be the best Non-AQ team in the nation. Neither team has really been challenged much. Iowa lost their opener at home to a pretty good NI team.....before winning three straight. But before anymore Gophers schedule bashing........Iowa's three wins came against teams with a current record of 1-10.....with the lone win coming last night in a bore fest between Iowa St. and Tulsa. I guess we will have to wait and see. The Gophers and Iowa both struggle against a passing attack, which Minnesota really hasn't shown much of due to their dominant ground game. They really haven't had the need. My guess is that the team that controls the TOP and the line will be able to put together a nice rush attack and that will be the team that wins the game.

Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

This line never moved off 1 all week (that I saw). Odd that Iowa is now -1 (-133). Why not move to -2, unless the books are thinking coin toss game, shading Minny and happy to grab the + juice.

Iowa dangerous to touch on the road and Minny has given them fits.

Homecoming for Minny today, they are 4-0 and they are dogs.

Should be a tight game and I would shade Minny because of the above.

I'm staying far away from this one. Very far away. gl with your pick, no strong opinion either way.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

that mark weisman dude is good

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

i had been doing Iowa FADE some, but i'm back on board........... should be in a different class than minnesota. and QB running shouldn't work as well.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Iowa is shit on the road even when they can sneak into the Top 25.

face

minnesota looks outmatched so far

Name:  herky.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  12.4 KBgood start

face

weisman 130 yards on 20 carries
    iowa full of big dudes that will go to nfl