• Oregon

27 75.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Pickem2win
    Pickem2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4912

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Demo View Post
    Washington
    Umm...Didn't Washington beat both Stanford and Oregon State last year (both of them in the top 10). That was with a banged up offensive line and Keith Price running for his life. This year Washington has all of their offensive line back--all are healthy and Keith Price is in fire. Washington is LOADED with weapons (best team in over 15 years IMO). Don't be surprised if Washington takes down Stanford again. Watch what happens this weekend against Arizona...Its really not a stretch at all.

Cougsky17
    Cougsky17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 284

OSU top 10....getting that huge ranking boost by beating two overrated teams early. OSU was a good team with a QB who could throw for 5TD in a game, and 5 picks in the next. UW won that game by screwing up fewer times.

Yes UW beat Stanford. With Josh Nunes as their QB and the worst coached game of Shaw's life. It was a nice upset for UW but an upset nonetheless.

You're going to say with a straight face that this years team is better than the 2000 team that won the Rose Bowl?

Oregon is a NC caliber team, nobody else in the Pac12 should be in the same convo.

DoYouNotGetIT
    DoYouNotGetIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

This discussion is infuriating and I am not a fan or alumni of any Pac-12 school. King of the Pac-12 is still USC unless you believe in the phony stripping of titles by the NCAA. Oregon has only had a great program since 2008 and Stanford has only had a great program since 2009 (unless you want to go back more than half-a-century ago). Who has been getting the best out of its program? Without a doubt, Stanford. Stanford doesn't have the pro football budget of Oregon and all I keep hearing about from Oregon fans is how Stanford loss last year prevented a national title. Both programs accomplishments are similar. Oregon have all the money now that Phil Knight is backing them, but still doesn't have the national title and only minor accomplishments past Stanford.

Oregon has TWO 12-1 seasons while Stanford only has ONE 12-1 season since 2008.
    Both schools only have ONE 12-2 season since 2008.
    Oregon has 3 Pac-12 titles and Stanford has 1 Pac-12 title since 2008.
    Stanford is 2-2 in Bowl Games and Oregon is 3-2 in Bowl Games since 2008.

As someone who bet Stanford to beat Oregon last year for a 10/1 money line I should know: OREGON ALWAYS LOSES TO A TEAM WITH A TOP DEFENSE. Not a top statistical defense (I don't want to hear a argument that Baylor has the 2nd best red zone defense in the country currently and Alabama's defense isn't good because Johnny Football put up 42 points on them; opponents and situations matter) , but a defense that is a top 10 defense. No one can match Oregon on offense. The problem with Oregon is once you stop them on offense their defense isn't used to having to get stops, because they're usually up by 20 points third of the way into a game. The defense is always fast, but they never seem to be able to get turnovers or their defense being able to enforce their will on top 20 teams like an Alabama, LSU, Baltimore Ravens, or the great defenses of Pittsburgh Steelers.

I don't think Oregon will ever win a National Title unless they change their coaching strategy, TO ME OREGON IS THE STEVE NASH/AMARE PHOENIX SUNS OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL. Exciting to watch, but not a championship team by their playing style.
    Last edited by DoYouNotGetIT; 09-25-13 at 11:40 AM.

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

I bumped this not to rip on anyone, but instead to see if anyone's opinion has changed.

I watched Stanford and Utah yesterday.

Right now, Oregon is on a completely different level than Stanford is.

In fact, I don't think Stanford will beat UCLA this weekend.

First 12