komatsu
    komatsu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Look at the Ohio St/New Mexico St game

The line for this game favors Ohio St by 44 and the total is 48.5. Rotation # 127/128. If one was to bet two seperate straight bets on New Mexico St +44 and the OVER at 48.5, then the only way for you to lose BOTH bets is if Ohio St wins 45-0, 46-0, 47-0 or 48-0. If Ohio St wins 44-0, the you would tie the side and lose the total.

Maybe I am giving New Mexico St too much credit, but if they were to score only a field goal (3 pts) then there is no way you can lose BOTH bets. For example, 48-3 will lose your side bet, but the total wins. Even if New Mexico doesn't score, but Ohio St wins 51-0, you still split your bets.

You will probably split your bets, but it seems that you have a better chance at winning both bets than losing both bets.

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE
    nobs's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with you on this, especially if you can get this at reduced juice something like -105 each side, then its worth taking a shot.

You defintely have a better shot at 2-0 then 0-2, but its like 90% + that you will go 1-1, and that 10% juice on the loser is something to consider.

Like say you bet $550-$500 on both sides, its probably a 92-95% likliehood that you are going to lose $50.

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

Good points!!

Nobs give me some points

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Excellent points. The most points Ohio State has scored in a game is 38. Being out of the NC race, but controling their own destiny in the Big 10 race and going to Penn State this week, I can not see Ohio State taking any chances at all just to run up the score. It would get them nowheres. New Mexico State has played nobody, but has won 3 games and has scored in every game. This is very close to a "middle" situation. I can not see Ohio State covering and the total being less than 48.5. I will wait to see what the total line is in Vegas.