Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!
    Night-Tripper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3326

Possible RLM/NLM Advisory

This is nothing more than an early heads up as to games/totals that (as of this moment) are showing indications of RLM/NLM. As is always the case, it's a good idea to keep an eye on the lines of the games you're considering. I'm not suggesting that anyone fade the public or side with the public... simply presenting games that have more than 70% action on one side, with the side/total either not moving or going in the wrong direction.

Sides:

• Maryland/Connecticut
    • WKU/South Alabama
    • Notre Dame/Purdue

Totals:

• Fresno State/Colorado U 67.5
    • Tennessee/Oregon U 72
    • WMU/Northwestern U 58.5
    • Wisconsin/ASU U 54.5

Red font indicates the direction of RLM/NLM
    Last edited by Night-Tripper; 09-13-13 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Highlighted South Alabama in Red

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!

There was one game that involved RLM on a total Thursday night. Although 82% of the action was on the TCU/Texas Tech over, the total had steadily dropped from 63 -> 59.5 @ 5Dimes and most other books during the course of the day..

stefan084
    stefan084's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

oregon/tenn started at 70 didn't it? thanks for the info btw

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!

Quote Originally Posted by stefan084 View Post
    oregon/tenn started at 70 didn't it? thanks for the info btw
    You're welcome... and no, BetOnline opened with a total of 73. Depending on what book you use, it could have opened with a number anywhere between 69.5 and 73. There was a book that opened at 74, but since I can't identify it, I'm not going to use that total.
    Last edited by Night-Tripper; 09-13-13 at 01:21 AM. Reason: Corrected response

Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

"

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!

"

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!

Friday night spread status update:
    • EMU/Rutgers
    • Maryland/Connecticut
    • WKU/South Alabama
    • Notre Dame/Purdue

Friday night totals update:

• Iowa/Iowa State O48.5
    • Kent State/LSU U54
    • WMU/Northwestern U58.5
    Points Awarded:

JR007 gave Night-Tripper 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

MrCondor
    MrCondor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

ECU and Va Tech total opened at 50-51 and is now 47.5 with less than 40% on the under

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

the tricky thing about totals, more-so than sides for that matter, is where does the value evaporate,(anything over two points) have to be careful betting these, a four point drop like the VA Tech game....is significant, you can get your "ass burned" tailing these, ......I know, have learned the hard way over the years, just be careful, always ask yourself the question why ??? in those situations, pass or fade the move....just my opinion....the consensus websites, do not give you the information needed, you get the number of bet's made, you do not get the "amount made per bet".....
    Last edited by JR007; 09-14-13 at 10:08 AM.

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!

Quote Originally Posted by MrCondor View Post
    ECU and Va Tech total opened at 50-51 and is now 47.5 with less than 40% on the under
    True, but I require at least 70% to be on one side.

trendon
    trendon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3681

Quote Originally Posted by JR007 View Post
    the tricky thing about totals, more-so than sides for that matter, is where does the value evaporate,(anything over two points) have to be careful betting these, a four point drop like the VA Tech game....is significant, you can get your "ass burned" tailing these, ......I know, have learned the hard way over the years, just be careful, always ask yourself the question why ??? in those situations, pass or fade the move....just my opinion....the consensus websites, do not give you the information needed, you get the number of bet's made, you do not get the "amount made per bet".....
    Yeah, that's why you have to combine it with some good ol' common sense. For instance, if it is Northwestern v. Nebraska (two teams not known for playing much D as of late while having borderline unstoppable offenses) on a beautiful day and the total suddenly drops 1.5 points, you might say, "Why did this happen even though I damn well know the 'public' will be on the over?"

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Nice thread Tripper I will keep an eye on this.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Solid stuff, Tripper.

Bet10Heinekens

Vols/Ducks down to 70

RLM

Bet10Heinekens

The reverse line movement in the Maryland/UConn game looks too obvious, this could be a mindfucked for the wanna-be sharps with a Maryland blowout

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24938

I bet Maryland when they opened at -7 thinking that this was the best number I was gonna get on this game. Low and behold it drops to -4 1/2. This is a case of serious RLM. I'm not gonna budge though. If it loses, hats off to the "sharps," but I can't see UConn hanging around in this game. I stuck with Georgia Tech today despite RLM sounding some alarms and it appears it's gonna pay off. I do pay attention to "fishy" line movements, but I never let them steer me away from teams I feel really confident in. If I'm on the fence however, RLM can influence my decision.

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Night-Tripper View Post
    Friday night spread status update:
    • EMU/Rutgers
    • Maryland/Connecticut
    • WKU/South Alabama
    • Notre Dame/Purdue

Friday night totals update:

• Iowa/Iowa State O48.5
    • Kent State/LSU U54
    • WMU/Northwestern U58.5
    Notre Dame no longer qualifies as a RLM play/Betting percentages have dropped to unacceptable levels. However, everything else has maintained the status quo.

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    I bet Maryland when they opened at -7 thinking that this was the best number I was gonna get on this game. Low and behold it drops to -4 1/2. This is a case of serious RLM. I'm not gonna budge though. If it loses, hats off to the "sharps," but I can't see UConn hanging around in this game. I stuck with Georgia Tech today despite RLM sounding some alarms and it appears it's gonna pay off. I do pay attention to "fishy" line movements, but I never let them steer me away from teams I feel really confident in. If I'm on the fence however, RLM can influence my decision.
    Georgia Tech never entered the picture... betting percentages were nowhere near what is required.

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Solid stuff, Tripper.
    Thanks dude... I definitely respect your handicapping abilities.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

thanks for the info............... does RLM best the red team? i'm thinking yes. not sure though

Eddy Munny

Georgia Tech never entered the picture... betting percentages were nowhere near what is required.
    I'm pretty sure over 70% of the bets were on Georgia Tech.....at least where I checked. I think it was actually somewhere in the high 80's percentagewise and yet the line came down a half a point, indicating RLM.

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!

I'm pretty sure over 70% of the bets were on Georgia Tech.....at least where I checked. I think it was actually somewhere in the high 80's percentagewise and yet the line came down a half a point, indicating RLM.
    You're right... it was 72%, but Georgia Tech opened at 7.5 and never even got back to the opener, much less drop below it. That's not RLM. I knew there was a reason it didn't qualify.. had to go back and check my openers to see what was what.

Eddy Munny

You're right... it was 72%, but Georgia Tech opened at 7.5 and never even got back to the opener, much less drop below it. That's not RLM. I knew there was a reason it didn't qualify.. had to go back and check my openers to see what was what.
    That's fine, I'll defer to you on the subject. You probably follow it closer than me. I just know I booked it at 8.5 Monday morning and it dropped to 8 at Bookmaker.

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!

That's fine, I'll defer to you on the subject. You probably follow it closer than me. I just know I booked it at 8.5 Monday morning and it dropped to 8 at Bookmaker.
    It's all good. When I checked last Sunday at 1400 CDT, both BookMaker and 5Dimes both had GT at -7.5... but by the time I could put a bet down, it had climbed to 8... but I took it anyway, because that was within my projected window. At the moment, I am in the process of putting together my spreadsheet for next week... and I'll probably be up most of the night narrowing down the slate of games.. Starting tomorrow ~ 1400 -> 1430, I'll start refreshing my browsers so that I can jump on anything that looks good. (That's how I managed to grab Rice -4.) If you wait until Monday, you may miss the boat on a game you had in your sights.