WinTheDay24
    WinTheDay24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 521

Alabama @ Texas A&M

It appears as though most of the forum here is on Bama in this coming weekend’s game of the week. From what I’ve read thus far, many peoples reasoning behind their play is quite foolish imo. For starters, everyone is referring to this as a “revenge game” for Bama? As an Alabama player said himself, both teams lost quite a bit of starters who played in this match-up a season ago, and the last time I checked the game is being played @ Kyle Field. I’ll admit revenge can be a crucial factor in certain games but I tend to believe that people are overlooking the fact that the Crimson Tide will be playing in a hostile environment which imo outweighs the “revenge” factor. Another irrational point bettors bring up is the Aggies defense. I’ll admit the Aggies haven’t looked very good on the defensive side of the ball up to this point but we are only two weeks into the season.. Keep in mind, aTm played their first two games with 3 starters on D (DE, CB, LB) suspended for the first two weeks of the season. Let’s wait until this unit gets a few more games under their belt before we write them off as a bad unit. In addition, Alabama didn’t really impress me offensively week one. You take away the punt/kick return for TD’s and the game was a lot closer than most people realize. Let’s not forget they allowed a horrible VTech offense to outgain them offensively in total yards 212-206 (only averaged 2.5 yards per rush!). People tend to overlook the depth issues Bama has along the front line; starting 3 new starters with only 1 game under their belt in which on many occasions they looked confused. I know most here won’t agree with me but I actually believe it hurts Bama offensively (especially along the o-line) to have a week off before this game. They’re a new unit trying to gel and the best way for that to happen is with in-game experience; not by practicing against a scout team defense. As much as I hate Johnny douchebag, he looks to be a much improved passer this year and I believe he will come out poised and ready to make a statement for how much sh** he was given this offseason. Even with the loss of L. Joeckel @ OT, I believe the Aggies will still have one of the best OL’s in the country this year. IMO you either roll with the better quarterback + the points @ home or it’s a no play. A better Bama team couldn’t beat the Aggies at home last year so I guess I’m just confused as to why so many bettors here assume the Tide will roll easily in this one.. These are just some of my opinions on the game, I understand everyone here will not see eye to eye with me but I’d love to hear some of your guys’ opinions. I dont think aTm is a lock by any means, but I see this game being decided in the 4th Q, which is why I believe taking the points with the home team as the best side in this match-up.

Trends: Texas A&M is 4-0 against the spread in their last four SEC games, 5-1 against the spread following a win, and 4-1 against the spread against a team with a winning record. Alabama is 20-8 against the spread in their last 28 road games, 2-5 against the spread against a team with a winning record.
    Last edited by WinTheDay24; 09-12-13 at 03:22 PM.

Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

Here's my opinion..... Saban is the better coach and SABAN wants revenge after being embarrassed at home last year. Alabama plays in hostile environments (Florida, Tennessee, Georgia, LSU, etc) so that shouldn't be anything new for them. Alabama was caught with their pants down last year and fell down 20-0 in the 1st quarter and then shut down Texas A&M in the 2nd and 3rd quarter. They just couldn't recover from that 20 point lead they gave A&M. Johnny Football wont surprise Alabama this year. Alabama now has a LOT of tape on him and they will be better prepared. I hate Alabama and I wish Johnny football would get hit by a car. So I have no dog in this fight. Just my opinion.....

weatherhawg
    weatherhawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 470

I've heard that some of the low offensive output by Bama against Va. Tech has to do with very basic play calling to not give too much away scheme-wise against Texas A&M...

WinTheDay24

Quote Originally Posted by weatherhawg View Post
    I've heard that some of the low offensive output by Bama against Va. Tech has to do with very basic play calling to not give too much away scheme-wise against Texas A&M...
    heard that as well.. people fail to see the negatives which come with doing that.. They've never actually performed any of these plays except in practice and were supposed to just believe its going to work because its Bama?

weatherhawg
    weatherhawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 470

Actually... Yes. Otherwise, why would coaches (not just at Bama) do this so often?

WinTheDay24

Quote Originally Posted by weatherhawg View Post
    Actually... Yes. Otherwise, why would coaches (not just at Bama) do this so often?
    Not saying it can't work, rather it doesnt always work. Either way it still doesn't solve their O-line problem.. Look at how badly they performed running the small set of plays they ran against vtech. Now there all of a sudden gonna dominate?

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by WinTheDay24 View Post
    Alabama @ Texas A&M

It appears as though most of the forum here is on Bama in this coming weekend’s game of the week. From what I’ve read thus far, many peoples reasoning behind their play is quite foolish imo. For starters, everyone is referring to this as a “revenge game” for Bama? As an Alabama player said himself, both teams lost quite a bit of starters who played in this match-up a season ago, and the last time I checked the game is being played @ Kyle Field. I’ll admit revenge can be a crucial factor in certain games but I tend to believe that people are overlooking the fact that the Crimson Tide will be playing in a hostile environment which imo outweighs the “revenge” factor. Another irrational point bettors bring up is the Aggies defense. I’ll admit the Aggies haven’t looked very good on the defensive side of the ball up to this point but we are only two weeks into the season.. Keep in mind, aTm played their first two games with 3 starters on D (DE, CB, LB) suspended for the first two weeks of the season. Let’s wait until this unit gets a few more games under their belt before we write them off as a bad unit. In addition, Alabama didn’t really impress me offensively week one. You take away the punt/kick return for TD’s and the game was a lot closer than most people realize. Let’s not forget they allowed a horrible VTech offense to outgain them offensively in total yards 212-206 (only averaged 2.5 yards per rush!). People tend to overlook the depth issues Bama has along the front line; starting 3 new starters with only 1 game under their belt in which on many occasions they looked confused. I know most here won’t agree with me but I actually believe it hurts Bama offensively (especially along the o-line) to have a week off before this game. They’re a new unit trying to gel and the best way for that to happen is with in-game experience; not by practicing against a scout team defense. As much as I hate Johnny douchebag, he looks to be a much improved passer this year and I believe he will come out poised and ready to make a statement for how much sh** he was given this offseason. Even with the loss of L. Joeckel @ OT, I believe the Aggies will still have one of the best OL’s in the country this year. IMO you either roll with the better quarterback + the points @ home or it’s a no play. A better Bama team couldn’t beat the Aggies at home last year so I guess I’m just confused as to why so many bettors here assume the Tide will roll easily in this one.. These are just some of my opinions on the game, I understand everyone here will not see eye to eye with me but I’d love to hear some of your guys’ opinions. I dont think aTm is a lock by any means, but I see this game being decided in the 4th Q, which is why I believe taking the points with the home team as the best side in this match-up.

Trends: Texas A&M is 4-0 against the spread in their last four SEC games, 5-1 against the spread following a win, and 4-1 against the spread against a team with a winning record. Alabama is 20-8 against the spread in their last 28 road games, 2-5 against the spread against a team with a winning record.
    Give TAMU a chance, but judge Bama after 1 week?

I think any commentary on the Aggies offense is a bit unnecessary. They're loaded and will put up a lot of points this year, without a doubt. But their defense is vulnerable THIS week regardless of how well the team gels over the course of the season. Alabama didn't really show that much in the first week on offense, I agree. But there was also very little incentive for them to do so. VT had absolutely no chance in that game, and it was just a matter of Alabama naming their score.

And as for the revenge factor, I think it's an overused element in sports betting if it's used to suggest that a team will play harder. BUT, in this case, I would look at it a bit differently. With this being an early season matchup, it would be a very Nick Saban thing to do to not overextend in their first game and have a very specific set of tactics in place for how to deal with Manziel and to exploit the holes in the Aggies D.

As a strategy discussion, revenge is a factor, IMO.
    Last edited by suicidekings; 09-12-13 at 10:25 PM.

eeezzzz
    eeezzzz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7391

Dude please use paragraphs

eeezzzz
    eeezzzz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7391

so much easier to read

Quote Originally Posted by WinTheDay24 View Post
    Alabama @ Texas A&M

It appears as though most of the forum here is on Bama in this coming weekend’s game of the week. From what I’ve read thus far, many peoples reasoning behind their play is quite foolish imo. For starters, everyone is referring to this as a “revenge game” for Bama? As an Alabama player said himself, both teams lost quite a bit of starters who played in this match-up a season ago, and the last time I checked the game is being played @ Kyle Field.

I’ll admit revenge can be a crucial factor in certain games but I tend to believe that people are overlooking the fact that the Crimson Tide will be playing in a hostile environment which imo outweighs the “revenge” factor. Another irrational point bettors bring up is the Aggies defense. I’ll admit the Aggies haven’t looked very good on the defensive side of the ball up to this point but we are only two weeks into the season.. Keep in mind, aTm played their first two games with 3 starters on D (DE, CB, LB) suspended for the first two weeks of the season.

Let’s wait until this unit gets a few more games under their belt before we write them off as a bad unit. In addition, Alabama didn’t really impress me offensively week one. You take away the punt/kick return for TD’s and the game was a lot closer than most people realize. Let’s not forget they allowed a horrible VTech offense to outgain them offensively in total yards 212-206 (only averaged 2.5 yards per rush!). People tend to overlook the depth issues Bama has along the front line; starting 3 new starters with only 1 game under their belt in which on many occasions they looked confused.

I know most here won’t agree with me but I actually believe it hurts Bama offensively (especially along the o-line) to have a week off before this game. They’re a new unit trying to gel and the best way for that to happen is with in-game experience; not by practicing against a scout team defense. As much as I hate Johnny douchebag, he looks to be a much improved passer this year and I believe he will come out poised and ready to make a statement for how much sh** he was given this offseason. Even with the loss of L. Joeckel @ OT, I believe the Aggies will still have one of the best OL’s in the country this year.

IMO you either roll with the better quarterback + the points @ home or it’s a no play. A better Bama team couldn’t beat the Aggies at home last year so I guess I’m just confused as to why so many bettors here assume the Tide will roll easily in this one.. These are just some of my opinions on the game, I understand everyone here will not see eye to eye with me but I’d love to hear some of your guys’ opinions. I dont think aTm is a lock by any means, but I see this game being decided in the 4th Q, which is why I believe taking the points with the home team as the best side in this match-up.