BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Question for people taking Boston College tonight....

Did you guys actually watch them play last week? Just curious.

I'm not so sure I bet on either side but if I did it would probably be Wake Forest. Wake returns more starters than BC and beat them 28-14 last year. Wake was also more impressive in week one. Granted, I'm not sure you could tell a whole lot from either game.

Are people automatically assuming BC is better?

I feel like the only reason Wake is a dog is because they are on the road.

hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

They looked better again the less impressive FCS school.... I'm on neither TBH.
    Can't decide between the two.... didn't WF debut a bunch of freshmen last week?
    If so, it'll be a tougher test than Presb

BayArea888
    BayArea888's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5860

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post

I'm not so sure I bet on either side but if I did it would probably be Wake Forest. Wake returns more starters than BC and beat them 28-14 last year. Wake was also more impressive in week one. Granted, I'm not sure you could tell a whole lot from either game.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

according to PS, BC returns 2 more starters than Wake. 8 on offense and 10 back on defense for BC

Also, Nova is a big step up from Presbyterian.

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

Yup. My p.steele #s point to a clear bc advantage. Now: have you ever been to chestnut hill on a Friday night? bc I have, and the home field lights are another unquantifiable intangible. Fly, eagles, fly!

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    according to PS, BC returns 2 more starters than Wake. 8 on offense and 10 back on defense for BC

Also, Nova is a big step up from Presbyterian.
    Maybe my sources were wrong.

I'm not saying their is a strong angle to take either side and I agree about Nova being a lot better than Presbyterian but still. BC isn't very good. Neither is Wake. It seems like it would be hard to back either said but I would have to go with the team with a better coach that didn't struggle in week 1 and one last year's matchup fairly easily.

Also, it looks like a lot of people are on BC but the line keeps moving in Wake's favor.

P.S. I hope Louisville goes undefeated and am pissed the Big 12 didn't get them to join the conference. Louisville is really good in baseball and their bball program is great obviously.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Is the BC senior running back who carried the team last week playing tonite?

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Maybe my sources were wrong.

I'm not saying their is a strong angle to take either side and I agree about Nova being a lot better than Presbyterian but still. BC isn't very good. Neither is Wake. It seems like it would be hard to back either said but I would have to go with the team with a better coach that didn't struggle in week 1 and one last year's matchup fairly easily.

Also, it looks like a lot of people are on BC but the line keeps moving in Wake's favor.

P.S. I hope Louisville goes undefeated and am pissed the Big 12 didn't get them to join the conference. Louisville is really good in baseball and their bball program is great obviously.
    Idk why people keep saying this, but more people are on WF

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by blackeyeshamus View Post
    Yup. My p.steele #s point to a clear bc advantage. Now: have you ever been to chestnut hill on a Friday night? bc I have, and the home field lights are another unquantifiable intangible. Fly, eagles, fly!
    Never been to Chestnut Hill. I talked about the homefiled advantage angle. IMO that is the only reason BC is favored. Will people really be out in droves and crazy to play Wake Forest tonight?

As for Phil Steele, I don't put a whole lot of stock in him. He has picked my Sooners to be in the title game like 5 times in the past 10 years and been right like once. I think he is overrated. He picks like 20 surprise teams and then brags when 1 or 2 of them end up being a surprise team. He then talks about how he had Auburn ranked high 2004 and had OU as the #16 surprise team in 2000...or some crap like that. He basically re-hashes the same crap year after year.

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!
    Night-Tripper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3326

Now, repeat this mantra for the next three hours: "I don't know a fukking thing about football."

• Learn it
    • Live it
    • Love it