JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

Byu @ uva

Unless UVA pitches a shutout.... their offense will not score... Watford (UVA QB) is very inaccurate Take BYU

EASports
    EASports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

They have a stout D though, and I like their coach.

Didnt he coach @ JMU?

alabasterf
    alabasterf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 635

I attended BYU's morning practice today. Though closed to the public, my status as an alumni allowed me access. A few things stood out. Firstly, as has been publicly documented, the cb position has been decimated by injuries. There appears to be a woeful lack of depth in this department. Secondly, I was not impressed by the offensive line play. The tackles looked soft and slow-footed, particularly the right tackle. The center position looked quite weak as well. Depth appears to be an issue on both lines. The first-team defensive tackles seemed stout, whipping the offensive line in one on one drills. This may be due, in part, to poor line play. The defensive ends seem average at best, with very little option with the number 2s. The linebacker play is their strong point, but besides Van Noy, they don't seem to have any other game changers. They will not be the juggernaut defensively that they were last year. Offensively, their QB, Taysom Hill, lacks experience throwing the football. He is a good runner, big, and strong. I think his accuracy is limited, and he likely will have little time going through progressions. The OC is putting in an up-tempo offense that will probably be more productive than last season through the air, but it may take some time. The RB position is fair, but not spectacular. I think they will have trouble running the ball consistently due to soft lineman. The receiving corp is quite talented, but did not look sharp today, dropping several easy catches. Nevertheless, this is the best unit offensively. Hard to look good if line and QB are suspect. I don't like the Virginia line and am staying away, but may be real interested when Texas visits Provo week 2. Also, I've seen a Byu win total at 8 or 8.5. I'm inclined to think BYU wins 7 games, 8 at best. I hope this is helpful.

alabasterf
    alabasterf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 635

Now that the line is at -2.5, if be inclined to lean BYU, despite the aforementioned weaknesses.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24938

Hey, you losers should all drop this dead-end conversation about these two also-rans, and visit my tribute thread next door. Everyone is talking about it, trust me. It's all the rage. I'm a pop culture phenomenon. Kids love me, parents love me, pets love me, your girlfriend loves me, Mods aren't sure yet, but they're beginning to notice an increasing erection with each one of my posts. So do yourself a favor and drop in. Be sure to leave a pleasant comment and/or monetary donation.

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!
    Night-Tripper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3326

Quote Originally Posted by JMUplayer View Post
    Unless UVA pitches a shutout.... their offense will not score... Watford (UVA QB) is very inaccurate Take BYU
    As the BYU alum mentioned, I'm not thrilled by the fact that the Cougars are only returning three on defense , with 0 defensive lineman. As bad as the Cavalier offense has been, I played them a couple of days ago while they were still +3. As far as the QB position goes, I don't think either team has someone that's going to set the world on fire. Plus, I'm thinking that the Cougars care a little more about playing Texas in Provo the very next week as opposed to a non-descript Wahoo team.

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Hey, you losers should all drop this dead-end conversation about these two also-rans, and visit my tribute thread next door. Everyone is talking about it, trust me. It's all the rage. I'm a pop culture phenomenon. Kids love me, parents love me, pets love me, your girlfriend loves me, Mods aren't sure yet, but they're beginning to notice an increasing erection with each one of my posts. So do yourself a favor and drop in. Be sure to leave a pleasant comment and/or monetary donation.

Outhouse Tim
    Outhouse Tim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4454

My Power #'s favor BYU by 6.5 in this game, so at the current odds even though I thought this would be a fresh spot for the Cavs I will have to pass.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by Outhouse Tim View Post
    My Power #'s favor BYU by 6.5 in this game, so at the current odds even though I thought this would be a fresh spot for the Cavs I will have to pass.
    That's great, but what about me? You can't shirk the pressing issues in life. That tackle football game is over a week away. Yet I'm right before you, in the here and now. Make like an Eckhart Tolle and access the power of NOW. Stop sabotaging your life you monkey.

chunk
    chunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19168

Quote Originally Posted by alabasterf View Post
    I attended BYU's morning practice today. Though closed to the public, my status as an alumni allowed me access. A few things stood out. Firstly, as has been publicly documented, the cb position has been decimated by injuries. There appears to be a woeful lack of depth in this department. Secondly, I was not impressed by the offensive line play. The tackles looked soft and slow-footed, particularly the right tackle. The center position looked quite weak as well. Depth appears to be an issue on both lines. The first-team defensive tackles seemed stout, whipping the offensive line in one on one drills. This may be due, in part, to poor line play. The defensive ends seem average at best, with very little option with the number 2s. The linebacker play is their strong point, but besides Van Noy, they don't seem to have any other game changers. They will not be the juggernaut defensively that they were last year. Offensively, their QB, Taysom Hill, lacks experience throwing the football. He is a good runner, big, and strong. I think his accuracy is limited, and he likely will have little time going through progressions. The OC is putting in an up-tempo offense that will probably be more productive than last season through the air, but it may take some time. The RB position is fair, but not spectacular. I think they will have trouble running the ball consistently due to soft lineman. The receiving corp is quite talented, but did not look sharp today, dropping several easy catches. Nevertheless, this is the best unit offensively. Hard to look good if line and QB are suspect. I don't like the Virginia line and am staying away, but may be real interested when Texas visits Provo week 2. Also, I've seen a Byu win total at 8 or 8.5. I'm inclined to think BYU wins 7 games, 8 at best. I hope this is helpful.
    We all know that practices can be deceiving at times, but good scouting report. I'm not big on week 1 plays, but would lean Virginia if getting 3.

Munny: You are one witty sumbitch and have provided some comic relief. Might want to be careful of overkill though as too much of even a good thing can become tedious.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Are you for real? What a dumb post. No one likes your caca. Get a life loser.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

It seems as if all of you "experts" overlook the most important fact regarding these two teams. UVA opened up as a 6 point favorite in Vegas and now is a 3 point dog. Does that tell you anything. People have figured out Mike London. He had one freak season when UVA went 8-5 incoluding a one point win at home against Idaho. They finish that 2011 season by losing to Va. Tech at home and Auburn in a bowl game by a combined score of 81-24. Last season they start out 2-0 and finish 2-8. This team is not nearly as good as people think and will have to scramble to win 6 games. That is why all of the early money went to BYU.

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    You're such a ray of sunshine... I'll bet that you brighten up a room and put a smile on everyones face the moment you appear.

Hot Jerry
    Hot Jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

I don't see a problem for BYU to cover [ 7 pints ] much least 2-3 points . BYU - easy money !! In my humble opinion !!

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

It seems as if all of you "experts" overlook the most important fact regarding these two teams. UVA opened up as a 6 point favorite in Vegas and now is a 3 point dog.
    I saw that at Vegas Insider, but I couldn't tell where that opener came from. Do you know?

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by chunk View Post

Munny: You are one witty sumbitch and have provided some comic relief. Might want to be careful of overkill though as too much of even a good thing can become tedious.
    Gee, thanks coach. God forbid any tedium ever visits these here forums, it might disrupt the chorus of crickets that usually occupies the void. I'll defer you on the tedium front though, it looks like you got your masters degree in such.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    "Hey look Pa, over there in them willows, it... it's a talkin' pile o' trash. I reckon it's just like Moses from the Bibble, when he done chats up a burnin bush. 'Cept, that ol' trash pile talks with a lisp and smells like date rape and Wild Turkey."