Machine Choice
    Machine Choice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2736

Machine Report: Rutgers vs Army

The last time Army was at home, they stunned Vanderbilt and tied their win total from all of last year. It is clear to me that Army coach Ellerson is instilling some fight and pride into this team.

Tonight's game sees two teams in polar opposite spots: Army is coming in off a loss that they want to forget in order to recapture their post-Vandy euphoria. They go into a bye week next week, so this game is it for them. Rutgers comes in off a close conference loss and may be looking ahead to UCONN next week. After crushing Army last year, Rutgers is probably not too fired up for this one. However, this is Army's superbowl and only time on ESPN besides the Army/Navy game.

I have no doubt that Rutgers will be able to completely contain Army's offense. Army is completely one dimensional and Rutgers handled them last year. That said, I do expect Army to get at least 13 points in this game due to home field and a flat Rutgers team who may not be really ready in the 1H. Expect Army to try to get a gadget bomb down the field early in the 1Q since Rutgers will be loading the box.

What is more interesting to me is how Army's defense will do against Rutgers's offense. Simply put, Rutgers has no offense. Do not confuse this Rutgers team with the teams that had Price and Teel. This team is fielding a QB tonight who is a true frosh making his first ever road start. Army's defense is legitimate. They held a Cutcliffe-coached Duke team to less than 19 until two late INTs that were returned for scores. They held Vandy to 13 points. They are giving up less yards per game than Rutgers this year despite playing a tougher schedule so far than Rutgers. Yes, its true. Run the numbers and you'll see that Army's opponents, on net, are tougher so far than Rutgers's.

Looking at Rutgers's scoring output, don't be deceived by the Maryland game. One of those scores came on a pick-six, the other one was a fumble recovery in the end zone. Take those away, and Rutgers only scored 20 points against a terrible Maryland team. Rutgers only scored 23 points at home against an FIU team giving up 500 yards per game this year!

What I see here is simple: a highly motivated Army team versus a Rutgers team who will probably be flat and overconfident. I see a decent Army defense matched up against a poor offense. I see a poor Army offense matched up against a decent (NOT GREAT) defense.

Army will score 13 tonight, so that means Rutgers needs 24-25 points to cover (depending on your line). With Army spinning the clock with their triple option, and with Schiano only needing a conservative run-based game plan to beat Army, I see Rutgers scoring 20 points or less while limiting their true frosh's downfiled throws in his first road game.

My play: Army plus the points (waiting to kickoff to hopefully get +12 or +13)
    Last edited by Machine Choice; 10-23-09 at 05:23 PM.
    Points Awarded:

HoulihansTX gave Machine Choice 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

twincities77
    twincities77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I hope you're right Machine, good luck.

Odraca
    Odraca's Avatar Become A Pro!

your underlined point could be the result of armys clock burning offense, i would be interested to see how many possessions per game the opponents of army actually get, this could be a misleading stat.

My gut tells me rutgers wins big, but I bought a point and hit -9.5 so perhaps we both win, GL

SmackdownV
    SmackdownV's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Take Army.....

Piss your money away.

Vandy is about the worst D1 football team in the country and for you to put ANY stock whatsoever in that game is crazy talk......Just ****ING CRAZY TALK....

Rutgers 52 Army 10

And 7 of those Army points will come vs. the Rutgers 4th string with 2 minutes left.

SmackdownV

What is more interesting to me is how Army's defense will do against Rutgers's offense. Simply put, Rutgers has no offense.

And that line is about the worst "Capping" reasoning I have EVER HEARD in about the past 5 years.

No Offense! Get ready to get pounded in your booty tonight Machine.

With no Vasoline.

darkenergy
    darkenergy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 522

Quote Originally Posted by SmackdownV View Post
    What is more interesting to me is how Army's defense will do against Rutgers's offense. Simply put, Rutgers has no offense. And that line is about the worst "Capping" reasoning I have EVER HEARD in about the past 5 years. No Offense! Get ready to get pounded in your booty tonight Machine. With no Vasoline.
    Oooppp....that's brutal smack

G's pks
    Update your status
    G's pks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Machine...you obviously did not watch the Army/vandy game if you are serious! Vandy had three tds called back and fumbled thru the end zone in overtime... The refs controlled the game... Also look up how many points vandy has scored 30 pts total in last 3 games... Rutgers around 100...

Also doubt the line gets up to 12...but Rutgers should win...unless the refs do the old home cooking thing..

SmackdownV

Army.

Give me a ****ing break machine. I know you come on here and take the Dog for the most part.....but don't lead these people down the hill with no brakes.

Army.

Holy shit...........I would take Rutgers at -17 tonnight. -11 is a ****ING GIFT.

Fade this thread people. Army is going to get MOTHER ****ING ROLLED.

And I would take ANY Big East team vs. TEMPLE any day of the week.

SmackdownV

Quote Originally Posted by G's pks View Post
    Machine...you obviously did not watch the Army/vandy game if you are serious! Vandy had three tds called back and fumbled thru the end zone in overtime... The refs controlled the game... Also look up how many points vandy has scored 30 pts total in last 3 games... Rutgers around 100...

Also doubt the line gets up to 12...but Rutgers should win...unless the refs do the old home cooking thing..

Actually it's a BIG EAST crew tonight.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

SmackdownV

Machine.

If Army covers.......I will vote you as "Capper of the Year".

I get your UTEP pick......that was an AWESOME one.

But ARMY? Come on brother.

No way in HELL that happens tonight.

ROYAJA8
    ROYAJA8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 257

I think Army will cover today especially at home. I think rutgers is garbage no offense, and defense is overrated. People are all over rutgers just cus of the name but this team is not even close to last couple years. They have a weak freshman qb no wr's weak overall team. Army at home will step up and run all over them I predict Army 27-10

goldseeker
    goldseeker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

I am with you. Army will cover.

G's pks
    Update your status

all my plays are listed before the game you are just to drunk to under stand that! See you after the game..my brave play is posted in my avatar!

SmackdownV

Hey Army backers..........Get ready to see this about 4 times tonight: SANU!!! SANU!!! SANU!!

SmackdownV

Hey G.....

Notice that the people with hardly any posts are all on Army.

SANU! SANU!! SANNNNNUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GatorFan
    GatorFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't ever underestimate a machine

G's pks
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by GatorFan View Post
    Don't ever underestimate a machine
    just like the line will hit 12 or 13... still at 11...

G's pks
    Update your status

2 bets one was FSU ML which won
    and my parlay

I will love the final score!

G's pks
    Update your status

17-3 RUTGERS end of 1st quarter

lawsofpower48
    lawsofpower48's Avatar Become A Pro!

17-3 RUTGERS end of 1st quarter
    lol.....

WoopTdo
    WoopTdo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7414

You probably had NC last night and were feeling pretty good at 14 - 3. If you bet the quarter good for you if you bet the game will just see what happens.

Machine Choice

Too bad for the blocked punt or else this game would 10-3, right where I expected it at this point in the game.

G's pks
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Machine Choice View Post
    Too bad for the blocked punt or else this game would 10-3, right where I expected it at this point in the game.

Lets just deal with reality ok...

I will see you after the game.... this is an update...... rutgers up by ten 3rd q...maybe if you are lucky we both will win...

read your posts in other thread so I know you did not take Rutgers second half...
    Last edited by G's pks; 10-23-09 at 09:10 PM. Reason: update while score 20-10

Redalert09
    Redalert09's Avatar Become A Pro!

MIAMI/MID TENN, sell your trailors and upgrade to an apt., just jokes

Machine Choice

Quote Originally Posted by Machine Choice View Post
    Army will score 13 tonight, so that means Rutgers needs 24-25 points to cover (depending on your line). With Army spinning the clock with their triple option, and with Schiano only needing a conservative run-based game plan to beat Army, I see Rutgers scoring 20 points or less while limiting their true frosh's downfiled throws in his first road game.

LOL!! If it wasn't for the blocked punt, I nearly predicted the game score. Oh well, on to tomorrow

G's pks
    Update your status

Rutgers 27 Final
    Army 10

money in the bank...easy winner I tried to help you...

Game over...

Machine Choice

Rutgers 27 Final
    Army 10

money in the bank...easy winner I tried to help you...

Game over...
    That was a real "easy" winner for the Rutgers backers who needed a special teams play to bag it. Hey, a win is a win and I congratulate them. But not you, G, cause you don't actually play.

Machine Choice

I watched the game and thoroughly enjoyed how I capped it. One busted play can cost a cover. I had one unit on it, on to tomorrow. Can't wait to see what you don't pick tomorrow and then say you did.

BlueJays
    BlueJays's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great job G!

G's pks
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by BlueJays View Post
    Great job G!
    Thanks bluejays...

SmackdownV

G........

Tell me if you like this Parlay:

Ohio State over 42
    Central Michigan -9
    Purdue -11

I love it.........but your the G.

I already put $500 on it..........but I wanted your opinion.........You too Machine.

I really respect your picks machine.............You make great ones..........I just saw Rutgers as the better team tonight.....

1 yard fumble away from KILLING the house tonight.

Machine Choice

G........

Ohio State over 42
    Central Michigan -9
    Purdue -11

I already put $500 on it..........but I wanted your opinion.........You too Machine.

I really respect your picks machine.............You make great ones..........I just saw Rutgers as the better team tonight.....

I haven't looked at those games. I generally only cap one game per day because it takes so long to look at one thoroughly. Good luck whatever you do.

G's pks
    Update your status

G........

Ohio State over 42
    Central Michigan -9
    Purdue -11

Ohio st burned me last week in a parlay...those interceptions hurt.... So I do not trust them right now...but I would expect a bounce back... I think OSU can run on Min... but o/u not my bag...

As far as c mich go... I do not really follow them but looking at their stats...their pass defense has been weak... BG gives up alot of yards on the ground and has a non existant running game...

Purdue I have seen play as well as Illinois. Illinois has been very poor especially in the middle on D this year... Also they benched williams but Mcgee is even worse.

the reason i think the purdue games are hard to predict is Elliott,,,he needs to cut down on ints... I never like games between two crappy teams... Also one thing you have going for you here... Illinois I am pretty sure has not covered a spread this year.

Quick thoughts..thats all.... GL G.

BlueJays
    BlueJays's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am a total rookie when it comes to NHL and NCAA - I don't even like this sport - but I will be here each day from now on to check my friend's G performance and maybe tail him once in a while. I was 3-0 on NHL last night and we'll have NBA soon. In addition I will take my chances with the Yanks tonight in MLB