AdamL2424
    The Dynasty Continues......
    AdamL2424's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 136

Alabama/VT This is going to be too simplistic of thinking I know but, I just don't feel VT will be doing too much scoring. Logan Thomas is not the best decision maker and with complex d scheme of Alabama that's a bad combo. VT has no established running back and no returning wideouts. The D for VT will be the strong point. They do have a weak link with Exum out. I do agree the spread is a bit high. Therefore I think the safest bet would be to be the Under.

AdamL2424

Clemson/GA Now this game is a hard one. Guess that's the reason its right around pk. Clemson's offense should be pretty damn good with Boyd and Watkins. They return 4 starters on the oline. The defense is the question mark. GA returns the entire oline and 9 total on offense. Aaron Murray is a pretty damn good QB and a senior so he is seasoned. GA's question mark also comes on defense. With all that being said I think GA's offense carries this game and win by 10+

eeezzzz
    eeezzzz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7391

Quote Originally Posted by WinTheDay24 View Post
    Everyone on this site was at 2 posts at one time or another.. I just recently joined to start documenting my plays. Last year I hit my cfb plays at a 64% clip so make sure you stop by my thread if you actually want to make money. I have no idea who the OP is but 2 things I've learned about him solely from this thread is 1) he is an SEC/Bama homer 2) he picked the worst matchups to put in a parlay. Out of all the games that have value week 1 he picked the biggest toss up games on the spread and to make matters worse put them in a parlay. The idea of a sports forum is to help others make $. Just trying to give some of you advice who are stupid enough to consider betting this parlay.. i bet he bets on the heat, blackhawks, etc every game too..
    I do ride the SEC, but what do you expect I live in the South and it has been the hottest conference the past 5+ years and has won me quite a bit of money. And yes I happen to be a Bama fan.

Albeit,

There were people just like you last year saying how stupid i was to take Bama -14 against Michigan and Bama -10 against an undefeated ND team for a national championship. OMG I can't describe the laughs I got when I told people I took FL money line against FSU the same day I took South Carolina money line against Clemson( haha I even took GA -14 against GT that same fckn day!). They said I was throwing my money away. They said Florida can't score off FSU with that pathetic ass offense and bla bla Clemson's offense cannot be stopped bla bla bla.

Why are these toss ups? You believe they are toss ups because they all involve very good teams and coaches. IMO I think it's easier to cap good teams who can play on a more consistent level playing level.

You can disagree with my picks all day long and call them crazy, but the truth is you would never have the balls to play VT +18.5 or TCU +4 because in the back of your mind you know that these kind of games have been going in the favor of LSU and Bama for past few years.

I will admit this though, I lost quite a pretty penny on FL -14 against Louisville in the bowl game last year and also on LSU -3 against Clemson. But if you ask me if I regret making those plays I will tell you that if I had the chance I would do it again.

And I will admit being an Alabama fan, but no, I do not bet most of their games. However, I do love betting Bama openers and bowl games because Saban is the best in the business when he has time to prepare. These aren't my words obviously .... these are the words of his victims.
    Last edited by eeezzzz; 08-14-13 at 09:22 PM.

J_On_A_Roll
    J_On_A_Roll's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1698

Hope that MF hit eeezzzz!

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Quote Originally Posted by AdamL2424 View Post
    LSU by 17
    That's just nuts. They played all of their good opponents close last year, and now they lose their whole starting D-Line to the NFL. This TCU team is comparable (in power ratings; different matchups, obviously) to the Clemson and Florida teams that beat LSU last year.

AdamL2424

You do realize TCU went 7-6 last year right? Schedules were not even comparable... But I'm up for debate let me hear your write up

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Yeah, TCU went 7-6 last year officially, but the officials handed the game in Morgantown, so really they were a 6-7 team. But they were missing their QB most of the year, and they may have been shaving points when he was playing. But TCU is an elite program, and TCU has the better defense. This game should be something like 17-13 either way.

AdamL2424

So you are saying its a lock for the under?!! Are you serious about an elite program?!!! 7-6 is not elite especially in the big 12... I appreciate the convo on the game I respect your opinion

brucesmall
    How do i post
    brucesmall's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    If you bet the SEC against other power conferences in every game the last 10 years you'd probably be up a shitload of money

LSU game scares me a little but TCU missing their stud passrusher will hurt......

VT is not on Bama's level but maybe could see a backdoor cover with a decent QB in Logan Thomas

Love UGA against Clemson.....Clemson's porous D vs. Georgia's offense will be the biggest mismatch, especially in the trenches
    And Georgia only comes in with three returning startes on defense going into death valley... Clemson has the talent and home field... I originally was going with Georgia but now I'm backing off... I think the ov/un has some value to it... Love Bama laying these points, look at last year Michigan and Notre Dame, I don't know if Va Tech is on either one of those teams level... Lsu looks like a gift but some question marks for both teams.... Deff love Bama -18.5 and the over for that game

AdamL2424

Quote Originally Posted by brucesmall View Post
    And Georgia only comes in with three returning startes on defense going into death valley... Clemson has the talent and home field... I originally was going with Georgia but now I'm backing off... I think the ov/un has some value to it... Love Bama laying these points, look at last year Michigan and Notre Dame, I don't know if Va Tech is on either one of those teams level... Lsu looks like a gift but some question marks for both teams.... Deff love Bama -18.5 and the over for that game
    They are not playing in Death Valley... Ga dome

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas
    Hotlanta Steam's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by AdamL2424 View Post
    They are not playing in Death Valley... Ga dome
    Sorry but that is not correct... UGA is playing up at Death Valley...

VA Tech and Alabama are playing in the GA Dome...

AdamL2424

Wow you are correct!!! Please except my apology. That kinda changes things. Thanks for that

jds07v
    jds07v's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

I agree with Logan Thomas having a low Football IQ. If not a low IQ, then just terrible terrible decision making. I will be on Alabama this game, but I will not touch the other two

Hot Jerry
    Hot Jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

ladys and gent. by my humble opinion the best bet on the board in las vegas by far is a college game in week one [ Massachusetts + 44 points ] - That is the WINNER !!

Hot Jerry

If u live in Las Vegas like I do than u can try this play [ 3 team parlay ] - I like all 3 games [ S. Carolina - ML only ] with [ Massachusetts +44 ] and [ Washington Huskies -3.5 ] .

Hot Jerry

Hi EEEZZZZ , u picked 3 games that I wouldn't touch with 2 by 4 . But sense u ask , than here are my pics. : VT + 19 , Georgia - 1 and LSU - 4 . EEEZZZZ , I live in Vegas and I can't afford to GIVE my money away [ lol ] . Here are my picks - money makers - N. Texas - ML only , SC - ML only , Massachusetts + 44 , Washington -3.5 . Wish u good luck with ur games and bet my games a SEPARATELY - NO PARLAY if u like them !! Parlays are suckers bets and u know it as well !!
    Last edited by Hot Jerry; 08-17-13 at 10:45 AM.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Out of the three, Alabama is the easiest win. Va. Tech suffered way too many injuries. As much as I hate to say it, Georgia is a loser. Their defense is worse than Clemson's defense, and they have lost starting Safety Clemons and back-up CB Wilkerson for the game. Clemson QB Boyd will have a field day against this group. Clemson does not have the greatest defense around, but they do return 6 starters. Add Richt's rather questionable record early in the season and Georgia is a big risk wager.

LSU-TCU is a crap shoot. -4 is about right. If TCU QB Pachall returns to his previous form, LSU could be in trouble here. If not, LSU could cruise. TCU returns most of their defense, but loses starting MLB Hasley. LSU's offense, should be a bit stronger this season, but they are never real good. The defense loses a ton of players to graduation and MLB Weller. This game can go either way. I know that you are an SEC homer, but this was not the best wager you could have made. This is why homers always end up on the short end of the stick.

eeezzzz

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Out of the three, Alabama is the easiest win. Va. Tech suffered way too many injuries. As much as I hate to say it, Georgia is a loser. Their defense is worse than Clemson's defense, and they have lost starting Safety Clemons and back-up CB Wilkerson for the game. Clemson QB Boyd will have a field day against this group. Clemson does not have the greatest defense around, but they do return 6 starters. Add Richt's rather questionable record early in the season and Georgia is a big risk wager.

LSU-TCU is a crap shoot. -4 is about right. If TCU QB Pachall returns to his previous form, LSU could be in trouble here. If not, LSU could cruise. TCU returns most of their defense, but loses starting MLB Hasley. LSU's offense, should be a bit stronger this season, but they are never real good. The defense loses a ton of players to graduation and MLB Weller. This game can go either way. I know that you are an SEC homer, but this was not the best wager you could have made. This is why homers always end up on the short end of the stick.
    I disagree Clemson has a much worse defense imo. Clemson has a horrible secondary and with a balanced offense like GA they will be completely obliterated. GA offense needs no game plan here. Look for GA to rush for 200 + yards and have huge play action touchdowns.

I cannot stress enough how much Clemson's defense will struggle in this game. This is by far the strongest offense they have seen in the past few year. GA matches up very well against this team ( when it comes to a shootout GA that is).

Of course Clemson will have a little success on offense in this game as well, however GA will get enough stops over time and will control the clock. This will be the deciding factor.

LSU-TCU i agree with you. This freaking game makes me nervous. I chose this game for a few reasons. LSU openers, field location, athletes, underrated(when LSU was ranked out of top 10), and Mettenberger. And another thing no1 seems to talk about is the fact that LSU is recruiting just as good as Bama. They also reload imo.

eeezzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Jerry View Post
    Hi EEEZZZZ , u picked 3 games that I wouldn't touch with 2 by 4 . But sense u ask , than here are my pics. : VT + 19 , Georgia - 1 and LSU - 4 . EEEZZZZ , I live in Vegas and I can't afford to GIVE my money away [ lol ] . Here are my picks - money makers - N. Texas - ML only , SC - ML only , Massachusetts + 44 , Washington -3.5 . Wish u good luck with ur games and bet my games a SEPARATELY - NO PARLAY if u like them !! Parlays are suckers bets and u know it as well !!
    1st of all your post is kind of difficult to read with all the caps and lightbulbs and shit. I feel like I'm reading a flashing billboard sign.

on another note,

Yes I agree with you though, I can understand why most people would not make these bets. These are very high profile games and appears to be coin flips. Although it looks like I am an SEC homer I am not. I have had a lot of success the past 3 years and people ask me on a given day why I didn't take some (what appears to be an easy play with the public eye) bets on the SEC.

When I bet on a game all I look for is matchups. That is it.

possum11
    possum11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 948

I would be most concerned about UGA of those picks. Clemson has more talent and the home field advantage. SEC fans will discount the home field advantage here but Clemson is a football school regardless of their conference and death valley at night is one of the top 10 hardest stadiums to go into. Also the Clemson defense is much improved (I have been following camp and scrimmages), but the secondary is still a concern. If Georgia is insistent on running the ball like LSU tried last year they will probably lose. I can see Clemson scoring 40 in this one. Tennessee put 40 on UGA last year. I think Buffalo and Kentucky put over 20 on them. And this years defense is going to be much worse - especially in the first few games. But if they open it up and Murray is on target before they hit him then it will open some room for the running game and they can control the clock and keep Clemson's defense on the field and hang in there and maybe take over late. But tend to think Venables will send more pressure early and shake Murray up and we know how that goes. Anyway - just my take. I play the SEC out of conference a lot and Alabama is one of my favorite picks in week one. It does worry me that its such a big public play and the line moved in the other direction though.
    Last edited by possum11; 08-17-13 at 09:20 PM.

First 12