thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

indiana over 6 wins

this is my favorite one of any team total.

19 starters back, the easiest home schedule i ever penetrating saw (8 games no less).

granted the road games are gona be tough (both michigans wisconsin and ohio st) but i could easily see 8 wins here, probably 7-5 though, maybe even a road game stolen.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Over 6 is a gamble. Their 4 away games are all sure losses. They also play Missouri, Penn State, and Minnesota at home. It is nice to have 19 starters returning, but rather meaningless if they are not good. This team lost 8 games last season and two of their 4 wins came at hoe by 7 points or less against an FCS team and a 4-8 Iowa team. Pass.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

i dont see why they shouldnt beat missouri and minnesota, who was one of the worst bowl teams ever from a major conference last year.

im kinda worried about the home game with bowling green which could be a bit tricky, purdue and illinois the other home games the teams should be awful.

i dont see how michigan states a sure loss either, and they are catching michigan in a nice sandwich game right between road trips to happy valley and east lansing.

the wisconsin games probably a long shot, and the game at ohio st is basically a no shot.

they also have a bye week before the penn st game, i just think the schedule sets up pretty good for at least 6 wins.

game by game

indiana st (16 point favorite, seems about right)

navy (playing their first game of the year in the 2nd week, this is a big angle, teams can work out a lot of kinks in week 1, indiana also has a few extra days to prepare for this one, navy also lost half their starters (3 ol))

bowling green (tricky game against a team im fairly high on, but very winnable)

missouri (bad team last year that looks to be worse this year, indiana looks to be better on paper)

penn st (could be a battle of 4-0 teams here, the toughest of the 8 home games they have, they do have an extra week (so does penn st) but they can easily take this one, will penn st even be better then last year? probably not, you'd expect the scholarship limitations to start taking their toll every year a little more)

@ michigan st (probably a loss, would not be a huge upset though by any means)

@ michigan (probably a loss, they do catch them at a good spot though right between the game with michigan st and penn st)

minnesota (get them at home, right between games with nebraska and penn st, also have a week off before this, should win this game)

illinois (they were awful last year, should win this one)

@ wisconsin (very likely a loss)

@ ohio st (hah)

purdue (gona be awful, how do we know that hazell isnt another turner gill?)

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Missouri is much better than you give them credit for. I see 5 wins on that schedule.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

indiana is such a popular improved pick this year...missouri was 34 and indiana 83 in the power ratings i look at most (40 and 75 on another) ... another power rating had missouri 14 points better last year.indiana's power rating was worse than all big 10 teams except illinois (which was much worse)....i see one completely comfortable win (indiana state), 4 highly winnable games (minnesota, illinois, purdue, navy) and the rest they are in pretty tough... and indiana's 4 highly winnable games are similar for their opponents....... i'll note i haven't looked at navy at all. but almost any season the game should be highly winnable for both teams.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

like gojets said, only one real slam dunk on the schedule, that does give me some pause for concern.

too many potential good spots on the schedule though IMO, possibly the easiest home schedule ive ever seen for a bcs team.