eeezzzz
    eeezzzz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7391

This is my 3 game parlay.

190482558 8/11/13 8:26pm -$700.00 $1.73 1 Wager(s) Placed 190482558-1 $700.00 $4,200.00 Pending 3 Team Parlay
    Pending 8/31/13 5:30pm College Football 171 Alabama -18½ -110* vs Virginia Tech
    Pending 8/31/13 8:00pm College Football 205 Georgia pk -110* vs Clemson
    Pending 8/31/13 9:00pm College Football 207 LSU -4 -110* vs TCU
    Last edited by eeezzzz; 08-13-13 at 10:46 PM. Reason: 4good

eeezzzz

I really feel good about these picks and I urge anyone who wants to make a few bucks take this risk. I would however suggest you buy down LSU to -2.5. In my case I am taking a bit of a risk.

eeezzzz

I would say perfect lines would be:

Bama -17
    GA- pick
    LSU- 2.5

eeezzzz

I welcome both Urban and Demo to take the stand

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

You have yourself a couple very difficult games. Not sure why you chose them, when there are many others that are much easier to handicap. Sending you nothing but positive energy and would love to see you take the stroll to the pay window!

You most certainly do not want Killer_Demo sharing his thoughts as his record last year speaks for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    So says the guy Killer_ Demo who told all of us how great he did last year in football, only to forget this post he made: "Dec 24 0-10

30-39 for the season...REALLY need stanford to whoop wisconsin to salvage my season...sure I lost and so did alot of other posters that tailed me on 2nite Fresno ST pick and I didnt call this lock but am ashamed my team didnt show up 2nite...lookin GREAT last 8 weeks then just a dump in the bowl game."

Sorry SF but you brought this on yourself. You tried to B.S. you way in here and got nailed. You are doing about as well as your pathetic Giants are.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    You have yourself a couple very difficult games. Not sure why you chose them, when there are many others that are much easier to handicap. Sending you nothing but positive energy and would love to see you take the stroll to the pay window!
    "positive energy" how gay is that?

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24956

Ain't gonna hit. No sir. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if it goes 0-3. 'Bama layin too much chalk for a first game against a salty defense (even with Vtech's Exum out). I'm seeing that game play out like some recent games against LSU. Low scoring, Hokie lackluster offense will muster just enough to stay within the number. LSU layin' 4 to TCU, who boasts another salty defense, in a game played in Texas. Don't trust Mettenberger and there were some heavy losses in the draft. Probably a four quarter, field goal type game. Clemson and Georgia is an absolute toss-up, but I'd rather side with the home team in a coin flip.

eeezzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Ain't gonna hit. No sir. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if it goes 0-3. 'Bama layin too much chalk for a first game against a salty defense (even with Vtech's Exum out). I'm seeing that game play out like some recent games against LSU. Low scoring, Hokie lackluster offense will muster just enough to stay within the number. LSU layin' 4 to TCU, who boasts another salty defense, in a game played in Texas. Don't trust Mettenberger and there were some heavy losses in the draft. Probably a four quarter, field goal type game. Clemson and Georgia is an absolute toss-up, but I'd rather side with the home team in a coin flip.
    HAHA while I appreciate your response I think you have to understand that I chose all 3 of these games for multiple reasons. The biggest being I watched every single Bama, LSU, VT, Georgia, Clemson, FSU, last year.

eeezzzz

**game**

eeezzzz

VT playing like AL vs LSU is comical to say the least though.

eeezzzz

I can go on and on and on and on but to be quite blunt Bama -18.5 is the least of my worries in this parlay. I capped Bama at 23.5 in this game.

eeezzzz

And for you Urban I tried my freaking best to take LSU out of the picture and replace it with Oklahoma State, but I could not simply precede.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by eeezzzz View Post
    VT playing like AL vs LSU is comical to say the least though.
    That's just your nerves disguised as laughter. Virginia Tech's defense is legit. Foster is a great DC. Alabama has some question marks on the offensive line. Eight month's will have elapsed since these two teams have taken a meaningful snap. And the underdog gets 18.5? Gimme the dog all day. Logan Thomas has potential, most of it unrealized, but it's not like he's just gonna be running around clueless out there. Also, there's always the chance for a bit of Beamerball. Mostly though, I just think the line is overinflated.

eeezzzz

That's just your nerves disguised as laughter. Virginia Tech's defense is legit. Foster is a great DC. Alabama has some question marks on the offensive line. Eight month's will have elapsed since these two teams have taken a meaningful snap. And the underdog gets 18.5? Gimme the dog all day. Logan Thomas has potential, most of it unrealized, but it's not like he's just gonna be running around clueless out there. Also, there's always the chance for a bit of Beamerball. Mostly though, I just think the line is overinflated.
    Logan Thomas Is on a complete new offense this year and he was confused last year, so to answer that question yes, yes he is very very confused. I can't talk more about the guy, he has an amazing arm, great mobility, and his size is ASTRONOMICAL. But if their is 1 thing you learn about a QB like Logan Thomas on the field playing against a good defense is his IQ and his ability to read coverages and schemes. And that my friend is where he falls apart.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Urbanwildlife

eeezzzz

I give it to Logan Thomas though, he throws the most beautiful interception I have seen in a long time. He has a nice soft touch.

eeezzzz

How can VT score 10 and how can Bama not score 30? Very easy cover

Eddy Munny

Logan Thomas has been erratic sure, but it's not uncommon for these college kids to have that light bulb flicker on at some point and for things to finally click. I'm not his biggest fan either, I'm just saying he's not some wide-eyed frosh being thrown to the wolves. Also, I can't emphasize the 8 month layoff enough. They are going to construct a game plan to minimize Thomas' weaknesses, and capitalize on his mobility/strong arm. You've seen Jekyll and Hyde performances in bowl games and that's just after a month long intermission. Too chalky...Hokies+18.5 If you capped this game at 23.5, do me a favor and open a book.

eeezzzz

I understand your point I really do, I believe however he simply is not the kind of qb that can adjust/learn/mature ( give Logan Thomas an open book test and he fails. He just does not have the IQ point blank).

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Bama is the right side, and LSU is the wrong side. Just my opinion.
    Last edited by M.W.; 08-14-13 at 12:45 PM.

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas
    Hotlanta Steam's Avatar Become A Pro!

You do understand that Alabama is not near the offensive juggernaut without the offensive line that sent 3 players to the NFL right? McCaaron can play and is efficient when he has time but that time is going to be much harder to come by this season...

I am by no means saying Alabama is not a title contender nor am I saying they will not win the game but being confident about beating a very decent and well coached ball club in the first game of the season in prime time at a neutral site by 3 TDs is pretty damn bold. (and yes it will be neutral, Atlanta is home to the largest contingent of VT alums outside of DC).

Bama fans are going to be in for quite a shock this season when scoring 30pts a game is not going to come so easy. No denying talent but guys like Yeldon and Cooper are severely over hyped as players. Good players yes, great players... not yet.

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas
    Hotlanta Steam's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by eeezzzz View Post
    I understand your point I really do, I believe however he simply is not the kind of qb that can adjust/learn/mature ( give Logan Thomas an open book test and he fails. He just does not have the IQ point blank).
    Where in the world are you getting that Logan Thomas has a low IQ? He was an A student in HS, he has already graduated from Va Tech and is taking graduate studies. He is a 2 year starter for the Hokies but came in as more of a TE recruit but because of his ability to understand defenses he was given the chance @ QB... hardly seems like a guy with a low IQ...

Do you know anything about Va Tech or just think you know so much about 'Bama because they are your team?

eeezzzz

Football IQ..... It's very low.

eeezzzz

I watched every game he played in last year. I even took VT +14 against FSU.

3runhomer
    3runhomer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1901

Very solid

eeezzzz

Logan Thomas is 6'6 260 and has an amazing arm and will never play a game in the NFL. And if he happens to play 1, he won't play 5.

WinTheDay24
    WinTheDay24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 521

Smh. How much more of a square can you possibly be..

Urbanwildlife

As much as he cares to be I am sure, but what difference is it to you? Who are you with your 2 posts?

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by WinTheDay24 View Post
    Smh. How much more of a square can you possibly be..
    If you bet the SEC against other power conferences in every game the last 10 years you'd probably be up a shitload of money

LSU game scares me a little but TCU missing their stud passrusher will hurt......

VT is not on Bama's level but maybe could see a backdoor cover with a decent QB in Logan Thomas

Love UGA against Clemson.....Clemson's porous D vs. Georgia's offense will be the biggest mismatch, especially in the trenches
    Last edited by MoneyLineDawg; 08-14-13 at 01:29 AM.

brumbies
    sail close to the wind
    brumbies's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7820

Eight month's will have elapsed since these two teams have taken a meaningful snap. And the underdog gets 18.5? Gimme the dog all day.
    Careful there. Alabama destroyed Michigan by 27 points last season as -13 chalk. The year before, they demolished Kent State by 41 points as -39 chalk.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by brumbies View Post
    Careful there. Alabama destroyed Michigan by 27 points last season as -13 chalk. The year before, they demolished Kent State by 41 points as -39 chalk.
    No defense those teams. Big difference when you're popping the cork on a new season. Michigan's defense was ok, but V-tech's is a legitimate top 10 defense.

HumanCentipede
    HumanCentipede's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 264

I'm all over Bama -18.5. It's my most confident play of kickoff weekend. That's saying something considering how tasty NW and Fresno St look ATS.

VTech's secondary is mostly true Freshman. AJ and his elite receiving corp are going to have their way. Then the running game will open up and then we're gonna see Bama put up 38 - 49 points. Don't forget this game is in the Georgia dome where the superior athletic ability and speed of Bama is going to be the difference in this game.

On the other side of the ball, VTech is going to feel pressure to keep up the scoring pace with Bama and this is going to force Logan Thomas to throw the ball. This is where Bama's more elite Linebacking group is going to come into play and I think the turnovers and sacks will be plentiful.

Finally, give Nick Saban an entire offseason to prep for a game and you're almost guaranteed big results. On the other sideline, Beamer is suffering some defections as there are have been a few players to transfer out of VTech very recently. Simply put, VTech is gonna be severely outclassed. It's not even comparable really.

I like your LSU pick allot, I think they win by 13+.

The UGA pick is tough...I'd side more with the over on that game.

Good luck this year...8/29 can't come fast enough!

WinTheDay24
    WinTheDay24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 521

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    As much as he cares to be I am sure, but what difference is it to you? Who are you with your 2 posts?
    Everyone on this site was at 2 posts at one time or another.. I just recently joined to start documenting my plays. Last year I hit my cfb plays at a 64% clip so make sure you stop by my thread if you actually want to make money. I have no idea who the OP is but 2 things I've learned about him solely from this thread is 1) he is an SEC/Bama homer 2) he picked the worst matchups to put in a parlay. Out of all the games that have value week 1 he picked the biggest toss up games on the spread and to make matters worse put them in a parlay. The idea of a sports forum is to help others make $. Just trying to give some of you advice who are stupid enough to consider betting this parlay.. i bet he bets on the heat, blackhawks, etc every game too..
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Urbanwildlife

Brutus84
    Brutus84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

Played 2 futures and put my last money on a parlay I really like. My futures look really good right now and were at a good price (Scherzer and Kershaw CY Yound)
    Ticket #: 146719161] PARLAY (3 TEAMS) RR (1P-3T)
    08/29/2013 @ 04:00 PM CFB [137] TULSA +4-110
    08/31/2013 @ 04:00 PM CFB [178] WESTERN KENTUCKY +4½-110
    08/31/2013 @ 05:00 PM CFB [205] GEORGIA -1-120 (B+½)
    179.36 1019.09

Urbanwildlife

Quote Originally Posted by WinTheDay24 View Post
    Everyone on this site was at 2 posts at one time or another.. I just recently joined to start documenting my plays. Last year I hit my cfb plays at a 64% clip so make sure you stop by my thread if you actually want to make money. I have no idea who the OP is but 2 things I've learned about him solely from this thread is 1) he is an SEC/Bama homer 2) he picked the worst matchups to put in a parlay. Out of all the games that have value week 1 he picked the biggest toss up games on the spread and to make matters worse put them in a parlay. The idea of a sports forum is to help others make $. Just trying to give some of you advice who are stupid enough to consider betting this parlay.. i bet he bets on the heat, blackhawks, etc every game too..
    Nice post and hopefully I will see you at the pay window many times this season!

AdamL2424
    The Dynasty Continues......
    AdamL2424's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 136

Let me start with TCU. TCU lost there starting LT. He quit the team. Now that's the most important spot of the OL. Fields is suspended for the first 2 games. That's a huge loss on the D-line. TCU is coming off a 7-6 season. Lost Boyce and Skye Dawson. They do have some talented freshman wideouts that are slated to contribute early. Waymon James is back but who knows how he will play after the knee surgery. I see a average to slightly above average team. LSU lost a lot on defense. A whole lot. They do have Loston back. Anthony Johnson wasn't a starter but he will be the leader of the stout yet slightly inexperienced dline. LSU is loaded at running back. The wideouts that have Beckham and Landry back. Of course is Mettenberger is back BUT, he is under a new OC with Cam Cameron. All juniors and seniors on the line with Collins the only starter coming back at LT. With all that said, I have to give the edge to LSU because I really don't think it will come down to Mettenberger throwing the ball. I think the running game from LSU takes over the game and makes it a lot easier to open up the passing game if needed. LSU by 17

12 Last