WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Illinois - Worst Team in The Big Ten

Last season was a disaster for first year coach Tim Beckman. Former coach Ron Zook got fired after posting two 7-6 records during 2010 and 2011. Enter Beckman who lead the Fighting Illini to a 2-10 record and winless in the Big Ten conference. His two wins came against powerhouses Western Michigan and Charleston Southern. The sad part for Illinois fans is the 2013 version in Champaign may not win a conference game this season either. Illinois talent level is the worst in the Big Ten and improving on last season's record could be a serious question mark. This team was a money burning 3-9 against the spread last year and this season points to more of the same. Not a team or coach I would want to hang my hat on for 2013.

Southern Illinois, Cincinnati, vs Washington, Miami, @Nebraska, Wisconsin, Michigan State, @Penn State, @ Indiana, Ohio State, @Purdue, Northwestern

Welcome your comments..........................

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

down recruiting year as well, correct?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

They do return 9 starters on offense.

WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Not a good sign when you consider those guys were 119th in scoring, 97th in rushing, 107th in passing and 119th in total offense last year. There were only 125 teams in major college football last year.

Illinois ranked dead last in the Big Ten in every major offensive category during 2012. The offensive line is the worst in the league and the receiving corps ain't far behind.

J_On_A_Roll
    J_On_A_Roll's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1698

Yeah they are something else, and i am a U of I student didnt like the team either. But can they handle southern illinois for -7 1/2 points?? And like bigdaddy said, they are returning 9 starters on offense.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

i can't believe illinois talent level is worst in the big 10. they had good recruiting for quite a few years. not sure about last one or two but i thought it was still ok.

the play on the field on the other hand has been really awful. i don't think anyone would disagree.

EDIT: looked up illinois' recruiting from past year and they were worst in b10. not miles behind others but not good nonetheless. i think it was good 2-3 years ago. especially from washington DC area, but that may be a longer time ago
    Last edited by gojetsgomoxies; 07-17-13 at 12:18 PM.