anjac
    Update your status
    anjac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1887

BOISE ST BRONCOS at TULSA GOLDEN HURRICANE BOISE ST BRONCOS at TULSA GOLDEN HURRICANE

BOISE ST BRONCOS at TULSA GOLDEN HURRICANE
    Looking at these two teams, I feel that Tulsa has the more difficult schedule of the two. They will face Houston,E carolina, Southern Miss and Memphis in their final four games of this season( all four were bowl teams last year). The only formidable opponents Boise has after this game is Hawaii, Louisiana Tech and Nevada. The Broncos are undefeated so far this season, just like they were last year before TCU squeeked by them 17-16 in the Poinsettia Bowl. If Boise can win this evening, the odds are fairly good that they will once again go undefeated in regular season play.

The Broncos have one sure advantage tonight and that is Kellen Moore. He has much more experience than Tulsa's G.J. Kinne, although Kinne in his first year under center has kept right up with Moore in some stats. There is only a difference of 1.8 yds/gm in passing offense in Boise's favor.

The Hurricane offensive line has not really shown the ability to protect Kinne, and he has survived by scrambling and finding his receivers for completions(Trae Johnson, Slick Shelley,Damaris Johnson and Charles Clay). Tulsa is averaging 32.8 pts/gm and Boise is averaging 40.2 pts per game. The one stat that stands out is rushing defense; Tulsa is being rushed against 35.2 rushes per game, is allowing 95 rushing yards per game and is therefore allowing the opponent a very stingy 2.7 yards per rush. Boise on the other hand is being rushed upon 26.4 times per game, giving up 102 yards per game and 3.9 yards per rush. On offense Boise has the decided advantage of 191 to 168 rushing yards per game, clicking off 5.2 yards per rush to Tulsa's 4.0.

On defense these two teams don't give up much(Tulsa 16.2 pts/gm and Boise 14.4 pts/gm).

I don't know how this game is going to go, and mine is not the power to oversee, but I surmise that it could be a close first half. Boise St is a very tough and rugged team, as are most of the other teams in the Western Athletic Conference, and a bit more physical than the Conference-USA teams. That fact, and the more experienced abilities of Kellen Moore directing the traffic, should be enough for a prevailing Boise St win. I believe the Broncos will wear down the Tulsa defense in the second half and cover the 10 point deficit. But I will not sell short the abilities of the Hurricanes. They are a very good team, but this is not their year. Next year, maybe, will be much better for them. They will have a difficult time tonight against a Bronco team that is not in the habit of taking prisoners.

"Everybody plays the fool, sometimes.....there's no exception to the rule."

G's pks
    Update your status
    G's pks's Avatar Become A Pro!

nice post gl with them Broncos...leaning that way with 10 minutes left before game time!

linemen07
    linemen07's Avatar Become A Pro!

great breakdown of the game,takin broncos and im gonna go out on a limb and take the under