DREEZY
    DREEZY's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ohio State (-14) @ Purdue

On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate this play? (Ohio State -14)

I would rate it a 9 if not a

Purdue is in fact 1-5, but their losses to decent teams were not blowouts, but I think Ohio State's SOLID defense can shut them down in Indiana while hanging a big number on the scoreboard.

Your thoughts?

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

I like OSU as well but their offense really worries me. Pryor still looks like a freshman and they lack an identity. Small play on OSU as they have been covering of late but I won't be surprised if this game is close.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The line is actually 13 to 13.5 in Vegas, and this game has had very little action so far. It is always a concern when a line stays under a key number, and this is the case. Purdue has failed to cover in 3 out of their last 4, and Ohio State has covered 5 straight, so I do not see the reason why this line should be so low.

RayzHELL
    Go GATORS!!!
    RayzHELL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4198

Buy a 1/2 point for a 70% chance of a win.
    Last edited by RayzHELL; 10-14-09 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Correction

stocker08
    stocker08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 563

I would take Ohio state here for sure. Purdue has played good teams this year, but they got beat pretty badly by the gophers last weekend, 35 to 20. They did however have two key turnovers. A blocked field goal for a touchdown and an interception return to the 2 yard line. The gophers had the ball at the boilermakers 1 yard line at the end of the game also. Ran the clock down, so there is another potential 7 points.

I really think that Ohio St. should have no problem making this spread, but if Purdue limits their turnovers, it will be closer. Ohio covers either way I would think.

coolbreeze02
    coolbreeze02's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

boom (osu's back) is out

The Bishop
    The Bishop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1938

No idea how OSU can be favored by 14.5 over Wisconsin and only 14 over Purdue, homefield or not. Although the line opened at 14.5, most are on OSU and the line has moved down to 13.5 most places so a few people like Purdue and I'm guessing those people know more than me...

HoosierDaddie
    HoosierDaddie's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with The Bishop. OSU should be favored by at least 17. Purdue can't stop the run and they turn it over frequently. Their running back Bolden is their best offensive threat. Yet he hasn't rushed for more than 70 yards in each or their last four games against sub-par run defenses. Nothing like what they will see against OSU.

crazymonkey
    crazymonkey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

great information on this game as I'm a student at purdue. Purdue will be fired up for this game. Been at practice and these kids are ready for the challenge. If anything can turn this seasons around it's a win against a top 10 team and these kids know it. the stadium will be sold out and rocking. Purdue's record is 1-5 but don't let that fool you. All those games have been very close with the exception of last weeks game against the gophers. Purdue has been know to cover alot of these big time games. Just as purdue covered the ND game so to will the boilermakers cover here.

stats13
    f&ck beted
    stats13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

osu shouldnt have covered vs wisky, got super lucky in that game. any team that struggles to score as much as ohio state does i cant put money on

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by stats13 View Post
    osu shouldnt have covered vs wisky, got super lucky in that game. any team that struggles to score as much as ohio state does i cant put money on
    Exactly... Their defensive front 7 is fantastic but Tressle ball could easily make this an ugly low scoring game. Don't read much into that Wisky game/score. It was much closer than the score and it didn't show how anemic OSU's offense really is. This will either be an OSU beatdown or a close down to the wire game. May be best to just live bet it.

Zou_fan
    Zou_fan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

I actually like Purdue +14 here, but I have been wrong in CFB all season. Maybe me liking Purdue moves OSU from a 9 to a lock.

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Purdue +14 is the play. When a line doesn't seem quite right, take the counter-intuitive pick.

stats13
    f&ck beted
    stats13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I took THE ohio state -13.5 . **** dont feel good about it

jimmymo
    jimmymo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by crazymonkey View Post
    Purdue's record is 1-5 but don't let that fool you. All those games have been very close with the exception of last weeks game against the gophers. .
    Does this include the N. Illinois game? Down 28-7 late in the 3rd before a couple of late TDs made it respectable.......also, its not so much that they are 1-5, but two HOME losses to Northwesterna and N. Illinois???

I personally feel that tOSU's offense bounces back this week against a poor Boiler D.....that said, if Purdue can find a way to move the ball on the Buck's D, they do have a good chance to cover.....I have a play on tOSU....34-12

LINE-crush-ER
    LINE-crush-ER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 157

purdue has lost by more than 14 on average , against lessor opponents , big time pick here ,, good luck