Machine Choice
    Machine Choice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2736

Arkansas State backers, don't beat yourselves up

Truth of the matter is this....difference in the game was a TD. Well the first TD of the game was a bogus circus "catch" by ULM in the end zone that clearly contacted the ground. If not for that play, you're in the money. Then factor in a homer penalty count of almost three to one against ASU and you have no reasons to question your side tonight.

Sometimes the calls and balls don't bounce the right way. Cap well, manage bankroll, and in the end you'll get the percentages and wins.

iLogan
    Go Steelers!
    iLogan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I don't regret that play at all, but at least the Under paid out.

twincities77
    twincities77's Avatar Become A Pro!

Except that ULM lost their starting QB at the half with a 16-0 lead, and missed an extra point and a chip shot FG.

I would add to your recommendations: Beware selective memory.

Machine Choice
    Machine Choice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2736

Quote Originally Posted by twincities77 View Post
    Except that ULM lost their starting QB at the half with a 16-0 lead, and missed an extra point and a chip shot FG.
    Their backup finished with a better stat line than the starter.

iLogan
    Go Steelers!

That was after 2-3 turnovers plus 60-70 yds in penalties, and a blown TD call with the ball that clearly hit the ground, but ya can't win 'em all

twincities77

Quote Originally Posted by Machine Choice View Post
    Their backup finished with a better stat line than the starter.
    Except the backup only had one drive of consequence which produced zero points; ULM had to go conservative which effectively shut down their offense and invited ASU back in the game.

renojoe
    renojoe's Avatar Become A Pro!

well i won with ark st... so i'm happy..... i teased it.... ark +8.5 and under 58.5.....

i generally don't like to tease... it worked out fortunately....

renojoe..... on to wednesday

twincities77

Quote Originally Posted by iLogan View Post
    That was after 2-3 turnovers plus 60-70 yds in penalties, and a blown TD call with the ball that clearly hit the ground, but ya can't win 'em all
    The turnovers were because of the fact that ULM was reading ASU brilliantly and one because of the weather. They had penalties half the time because they were getting outplayed.

Look, you tell yourselves what you want, focus only on the stats you want, but there's no way ASU was the play today. They were shut down repeatedly by ULM's defense, and ULM was moving efficiently with the starting QB in. The halftime score and subsequent 2nd half scores speak for themselves. And despite all that, ASU still lost.

iLogan
    Go Steelers!

The turnovers were because of the fact that ULM was reading ASU brilliantly and one because of the weather. They had penalties half the time because they were getting outplayed.

Look, you tell yourselves what you want, focus only on the stats you want, but there's no way ASU was the play today. They were shut down repeatedly by ULM's defense, and ULM was moving efficiently with the starting QB in. The halftime score and subsequent 2nd half scores speak for themselves. And despite all that, ASU still lost.
    No, the turnovers were because the QB turned the ball over, simple as that, nothing to do with "reading ASU brilliantly"

twincities77

Quote Originally Posted by iLogan View Post
    No, the turnovers were because the QB turned the ball over, simple as that, nothing to do with "reading ASU brilliantly"
    Whatever makes you feel better dude. They were all over the ASU plays all night.

RPP
    RPP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I teased it luckily and just barely covered thanks to that botched FG by ULM. The refs were unreal. I don't think I'll bet another small school game during the week again.

iLogan
    Go Steelers!

Quote Originally Posted by RPP View Post
    I teased it luckily and just barely covered thanks to that botched FG by ULM. The refs were unreal. I don't think I'll bet another small school game during the week again.
    Me either, the terrible refs and the even worse game play left me with a bad taste.