WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Has Boise State Lost VALUE?

The public loves Boise State and for good reason. At the start of Chris Petersen's reign he and the Broncos where 42-24 against the spread. The value of the Blue Field men seem's to have faded a bit of late as they are just 7-13 ATS their last 20 games.

Even with just 9 starters returning, Petersen will win his share of games during 2013...guess my question is how many will they cover? I go back to the public's love of Boise.

Welcome any comments...................

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Boise State is one of only a handful of teams to consistently be a winning ATS team over the last decade (ending with the departure of Kellan Moore). That era was followed by 4-8 & 6-6 ATS seasons, so I'd say the value was lost at the end of the 2010 season.

Boise's biggest problem in the last couple of years was inexperience, but they've got a fairly good OL this season and a solid RB tandem in Ajayi/Thomas. I really like Southwick and he's got a solid array of receivers available. Offensively, they're in good shape. Defensively, they're really going to struggle with depth on the line, despite having some decent talent. The 4-2-5 structure requires a robust defensive line to stop opponents' running game. Seems to me they'll have trouble getting off the field at times this year against tougher opponents that can run the ball.

WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I tend to agree with you regarding issues with the defense. They lost three of their top four defensive tackles, all three starting linebackers and both starting cornerbacks. Really, young and inexperience at the corners.

Peterson has increased the talent level at Boise State and I'm sure he has players ready to go. He'd better with six road games this season. At Fresno State and at San Diego State will be tough conference play.

It's just hard to count the Broncos out but there's certainly a lot of questions going into this season.