goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

is it against the rules to play defense in bowl games?

cause everything is going over

and my vague memories of last year was things going over

i usually play unders and have a 1-1 record this year in bowls which i feel is very fortunate the way things have been going and i was scared away

i think the lay off between the end of the regular season and the bowls hurts the defense the most

and offenses go all out more i think along with the coaches

due the books usually already factor these things in or what?

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

I just wish the damn officials didnt take that touchdown off the board for Iowa. Because that cost me that Iowa/Texas OVER today. But thats the way things go, because I got lucky on that Navy/BC OVER.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

History shows most bowl games usually go over the total. However, this year these new clock rules make it a bit tougher to determine IMO

nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

It seems like the early bowls went under and now over is the trend...Good point on clock rules...

zoneblitz
    zoneblitz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I do not like the new clock rule. Agreed, the games were too long before. Several games I attended went three and a half hours, but the game could be shortened if TV didnt take so many commercials. These commercials often come right in the middle of the action. You look around the field and both teams are there waiting to play and you wonder why is no one playing. Then, looking down to the twenty yard line you see a goofus with a red hat standing on the field and you realize it must be a TV timeout. How frustrating and this kills the momentum of the game as well.

The dollar rules!

nosuzieno

Go back to old clock rules and change review system to something similar to NFL...

bigboydan

I would agree about that review needs to be changed. It takes forever for those people to make the call upstairs, and they get it wrong and cost Oklahoma a possible national championship.

nosuzieno

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    I would agree about that review needs to be changed. It takes forever for those people to make the call upstairs, and they get it wrong and cost Oklahoma a possible national championship.
    I thought they missed Texas rb going out of bounds on 4th down at end of game yesterday too.

bigboydan

They did miss that one nosuzieno. That cost Iowa quite a bit of valuable time too.