Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

Read this and tell me Tressel is a good coach.

MSUSpartan32
    MSUSpartan32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 805

Yep.....

When deciding whether or not I think someone is a good coach, I don't look at their credentials, like national championships on numerous levels or Big 10 titles, I look at one random article considering one game.

Sounds like a great way to judge things......(wow are some people lost).

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

Tressel is a good coach. I just think he needs to open up his offense more and stop that conservative game because he will continue to lose.

Ralphie1412

Spartan if you dont think that article points out some very serious points you are indeed the one that is lost. Pete Carroll flat out out coached Tressel. He didnt use Pryor the way he should have.

MSUSpartan32
    MSUSpartan32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 805

Well....

Nowhere in my post did I say Tressel coached a good game. The best coaches in football are even out-coached once in awhile.

I can decide on what type a coach someone is without reading some other person's opinion online.

Pryor's issues are bigger than Tressel, that is for sure. Accuracy is a pretty important thing for a QB, last time I checked.

If you think Jim Tressel is not a very good football coach, that is all I need to know about your football knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie1412 View Post

Spartan if you dont think that article points out some very serious points you are indeed the one that is lost. Pete Carroll flat out out coached Tressel. He didnt use Pryor the way he should have.

polson22
    polson22's Avatar Become A Pro!

didn't read the article but in fairness, where have the incredibly dominant 5-year run teams been from in the last 20 years?

USC (california)
    florida
    miami (florida)
    texas
    oklahoma (grabs its players from texas.... moderate anamoly sp? for sure)
    LSU (florida-texas corridor)

anyway, i seriously question if there's enough 4 and 5-star talent in areas that michigan, ohio state, notre dame recruit in. california/texas/florida basically seem to supply half the players in the NCAA or something crazy like that.

i think ohio state has done amazingly well under tressel.

Ralphie1412

Spartan why is it so blasphemy to question the great Jim tressel. I have watched his teams choke time and time again.

Joe Dogs
    Joe Dogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

Quote Originally Posted by ZBOIZ View Post
    Tressel is a good coach. I just think he needs to open up his offense more and stop that conservative game because he will continue to lose.

Seems like Tressel does play it to close to the vest at times,they also run a very vanilla offense.Thy need to step it up

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

There's a reason he's making millions of dollars and is on the sideline and you're posting on a message board.

xxxvince
    xxxvince's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

yawn booooooooooooooooringgg

MoneyMan300
    MoneyMan300's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by polson22 View Post
    didn't read the article but in fairness, where have the incredibly dominant 5-year run teams been from in the last 20 years?

USC (california)
    florida
    miami (florida)
    texas
    oklahoma (grabs its players from texas.... moderate anamoly sp? for sure)
    LSU (florida-texas corridor)

anyway, i seriously question if there's enough 4 and 5-star talent in areas that michigan, ohio state, notre dame recruit in. california/texas/florida basically seem to supply half the players in the NCAA or something crazy like that.

i think ohio state has done amazingly well under tressel.
    ...and Nebraska. I think Tressel is a good coach....just a bad OC.