Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Tony George: LIBERTY BOWL - Houston vs So Carolina

LIBERTY BOWL: Houston vs So Carolina

Game Time: 12/29/2006 4:30:00 PM

By: Tony George
    Football picks NFL Picks sports gambling Baseball picks college football picks basketball picks odds

Two solid offenses meet in Memphis, and the Houston Cougars should stay within the number against the South Carolina Gamecocks.

This actually should be a great football game. The Cougars of Houston impressed me this season at 10-3 with a win over Southern Miss to win the C-USA Championship.

The no huddle offense and QB Kevin Kolb for Houston is a lethal combination of offensive firepower that will impress even Steve Spurrier as no doubt Kolb - - Who rolled up 3400+ yards, 27 TDs and only three interceptions this year - - is the best offensive threat on the field on either side of the ball. A 67% completion rate with those types of numbers would have any defense on red alert.

South Carolina will counter with their own brand of high octane offense and both should trade plenty of punches, and the scoreboard should light up in this one. Houston has some nice balance on offense rushing for almost 5 yards a carry and 170 yards a game on the ground. South Carolina will find it hard to pull away in this one, and look for Houston to keep it close.

Prediction: South Carolina-33 Houston-30

Play: Houston +6

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Judging by the way Conference USA has played so far I would be leary to grab the points. Rice got blown out by a Sunbelt school and ECU did not look to sharp either.

I would be leary betting against an SEC school with Steve Spurrier and one who, for the most part, played well all season. Remember, there is a huge coaching mismatch in this game and during these bowl games we really see just how good these coaches are.

I think Houston +7 is a play but anything under that I would not bet.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I feel the over is the best way to play this game double B.

Here we have two offenses that have the ability to put up points on the scoreboard.

Aces
    Aces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Coin flip for me as well I'll probably play SC but the play will be very small.