GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN
    GiveMeaBJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 335

(9/12) GiveMeaBJ's NCAAF Saturday

North Carolina -4 (-104) (Matchbook) to win 1 Unit
    I am really looking forward to this game quite a bit. I like both of these teams this year and I think North Carolina is a BCS contender this year. I have seen a lot of people on UNC and quite a few on UConn (including pags11). I pay a lot of attention to this Huskies team and have been for the past few years because I have a friend playing for the team the past few years. I have been up there for a few games over the years and this is a down year for them, although not as down as some may think. They obviously are hurt by losing Donald Brown at RB but this Conn team will always run the football. They are a run first team, we all know this. However, I don't think they will find much room against this UNC defense (which is very underrated). UNC a plethora of big, fast, and strong guys on this defensive front which I don't think bodes well for Uconn. I think they are going to be forced to throw the ball a little bit more which they should do with more success in years past since losing Lorenzen (who is horrible btw). I think UNC controls the trenches on both sides of the ball and it is tough to win when you can't get a push up front. I like UNC's offense, they take what you give them and have a few guys who can make some game changing plays. I think this line is too low, I really was expecting -7. I truly believe UNC has all the tools to be a top 10 team this year.
    North Carolina 27, Uconn 14

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Iowa State +6.5 (-113) (Matchbook) to win 1 Unit
    Lets be honest, this game is always tough. However, Iowa St always seems to be more motivated for this contest then the Hawkeyes. Maybe the Hawkeyes have bigger goals then beating Iowa St but they always seem to play down to Iowa St while Iowa St is playing up to Iowa (if that made any sense on paper). Iowa struggled last week vs NIU and should have lost the game, twice. Now they have to go play in Iowa St where I am sure the crowd will be all over them. I just see this being another brutal game and I think 6.5 points is to much to give Iowa St at home here. BTW, Iowa will be without OT Bryan Bulaga which can't hurt Iowa St's chances. May throw a bit on the ML before all is said and done.
    Iowa St 12, Iowa 6

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Penn State -28 (-112) (Matchbook) to win 1 Unit
    Penn State smashed Akron last week 31-0 in the first half yet came out flat in the 2nd half and blew what should have been an easy cover. Syracuse on the other hand got a few breaks to keep them from going down by two or three touchdowns and then fed off the crowd to grab a lead. However, when it mattered Cuse just couldn't seem to get the job done. Cuse will be overmatched in every aspect in this game and after doing nothing in the second half last week I think Penn State will be ready to play and play a full game this time rather then a half.
    Penn State 49, Syracuse 7

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Wake Forest -3 (+101) (Matchbook) risking 2 Units
    Wake Forest/Stanford Over 43.5 (-106) (Matchbook) to win 1 Unit
    Wake Forest very undervalued here in my opinion. They had many chances to win that game last week against Baylor even with their terrible play in the first half. Riley Skinner really played bad in the first half but shook off the rust and played much better late in the game. I think they come out of the gate better this week. Really a game they need to win at home, I'm expecting a fast paced game from Wake and with Stanford coming to play at 9 AM the lag factor is always going to be there however its hard to judge how teams will respond. Wakes run defense is a concern. They gave up a ton of yards against Baylor on the ground last week and Stanford may be able to exploit this potential weakness.
    Wake Forest 31, Stanford 22

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Quick ones...
    Florida -36 (-109) (Matchbook) to win 1 Unit
    Really a pick your score game for the Gators. Urban Meyer lives to cover spreads. Troy over matched everywhere and I don't think the Gators go soft against anyone this year. This team is very, very good.
    Florida 52, Troy 6

Tulane +18.5 (-110) (5 Dimes) to win 1 Unit
    Tulane gets a very nice spot to play BYU here. BYU being sandwiched by Oklahoma and Florida St and the let down spot here is always likely coming off such a big win. Also, BYU seems like a much different team, atleast their gameplan was different against OU. They seemed to run the ball more and rely on defense more which I think keeps Tulane with in the 18.5 at home.
    BYU 30, Tulane 20

La Tech +7.5 (-105) (Matchbook) to win 1 Unit
    My numbers show over 80% on Navy this week. Why? People are overreacting to Navys late comeback against Ohio St and La Techs loss to Auburn. Two things though, that Ohio St game probably should have been a 3 TD final and La Tech was in that game and out playing a solid Auburn team but faded after a few bad breaks. Navy will run the option but I think La Tech has the defense that can atleast slow it a bit and make them settle for 3 points. This line is inflated and I just can't pass.
    Navy 24, La Tech 23

Virginia +11 (-103) (Matchbook) to win 1 Unit
    Virginia looked awful last week, plain and simple. Nobody wants to revenge that loss more then UV. I expect a motivated team at home to make a statement with this team. Virginia is not as bad as this line implies and not as bad as they looked last week. TCU is coming into what I think will be a bit of a down year for the program. Too many points here.
    Virginia 20, TCU 17

Texas Tech -28 (-102) (Matchbook) to win 1 Unit
    Tech can really name the score here against Rice. Doesn't hurt to have Leach as the head coach who also can't resist a good cover when he has the chance. Tech is going to come out slinging after putting up just 31 points last week. Rice has been terrible historically against bigger conference teams. Blowout.
    Texas Tech 51, Rice 14

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Tired of typing. Here is what else I have.
    Minnesota -3 (-110) (5 Dimes) to win 1 Unit
    Washington State +3 (-112) (Matchbook) to win 1 Unit
    Southern Mississippi -14 (-110) (Matchbok) to win 1 Unit
    Oregon -12.5 (-110) (5Dimes) to win 2 Units

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Penn St 2nd Half -13.5 (-125) to win 1 Unit
    Northwestern -7 2H (-135) to win 1 Unit

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN