SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mike Rose: Armed Forces Bowl: Utah over Tulsa

Armed Forces Bowl: Utah over Tulsa

Game Time: 12/23/2006 8:00:00 PM

By: Mike Rose
    Sports Handicapping - Sports Gambling - Online Betting - Who To Bet On

Utah and Tulsa are even in several columns on paper, but the Utes have the edge over the Golden Hurricane this Saturday in the Armed Forces Bowl in Ft. Worth.

They should rename this bowl the Carbon Copy Bowl because on paper it almost looks as if you’re looking at the exact same team when breaking down each team's respective marks.

Both offenses have scratched 28 PPG, while both stop units have allowed 20 PPG. However, Utah played a tougher schedule, is a member of a tougher conference, and has a distinct advantage in special teams for this matchup. Look for them to take advantage of a shorter field throughout the entire game.

Utah closed out the their regular season admirably while Tulsa’s collapse prohibited them from gaining a bid to play in the C-USA Championship. Last we saw the Utes, they gave the BYU Cougars all they could handle but ended up losing on the last play of the game. Before that, they knocked off UNLV and CSU in a convincing fashion, then struggled to put Air Force away in Colorado Springs before the 'Holy War' with BYU.

Tulsa lost three in a row before taking their frustration out on Tulane to close out their regular season. With the way these teams closed out the regular season, you can’t help but like your chances of cashing a Utah ticket. It also helps that the Utes have won and covered four straight Bowl games.

Play: Utah -1 (-110)

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14485

this opened at something like -5 if I have it right, man I wish I'd grabbed that . . . as it happens, I got me some Tulsa +3.
    I just see value in the dog. My feeling is that Tulsa will be focused and that they will show up . . .