SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hurricane Bill: Frogs & Huskies - Under 47

Frogs & Huskies - Under 47

Game Time: 12/19/2006 8:00:00 PM

By: Hurricane Bill
    Marc Lawrence's Playbook: Free and Guaranteed Picks

TCU, ranked 25th in the country, and Northern Illinois kick off the bowl season tonight in the Poinsettia Bowl.

Expect the clock to keep ticking tonight in San Diego as Garrett Wolfe, the nation's leading rusher, and the Northern Illinois Huskies (7-5) look to run around, over and through the TCU Horned Frogs (10-2).

However, the Huskies 17th-ranked rushing offense should find plenty of resistence from TCU's 4th-ranked rushing defense which is allowing only 68 YPG and just 2.4 per carry. TCU also prefers to do it on the ground and, despite not having a 1,000-yard rusher, they enter this contest with the 9th-ranked rushing offense.

The Huskies' stop unit has also held their own against the run allowing just 3.5 yards per carry. Offenses that rely on the running game vs. defenses that are geared to stopping the run. This one has under written all over it. Tick, tick, tick goes the clock.

Play: TCU-Northern Illinois Under 47

Aces
    Aces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

I'm thiking over here. NIU will put up enough points to make TCU play the entire game. The over 7 1/2 1st quarter looks like an early Christmas Gift to me. TCUs Last two game totals 52 and 59 NIUs last two game totals 41 and 27 with NIU scoring 31 of the 41 and 27 of the 27. I think this game gets into the 50s easy.