bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oregon Ducks ML

After capping this game very in depth these past few days, I really feel the wrong team in favored in this game.

The Ducks struggled down the stretch this year. However, there finally healthy again and clearly the better team here.

Any thoughts are appreciated of course

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

BYU should stop the run, but I expect Oregon to air it out. If they limit to's they should cruise.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

With Dixon finally being healthy now how can't you expect that.

nevadaside
    nevadaside's Avatar Become A Pro!

Took a second look at this, was going to stay away...but:
    BYU's 2 losses (by 3 & 7 pts) were against the stronger programs (ARIZONA & BC) they played that are more on the level of OREGON....even though O was going south at the end...this line may be off by 6 pts like you have mentioned.

Losses by 3 & 7 pts....and maybe a 6 pt line screwup......huh?

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

This game won't be close. Only three favorites interest me at all, and this is one of them. BYU is better offensively and defensively, and they have much more interest in playing this game. Laying only three points is a steal.

Razz

One of the biggest signs of how a team is going to play in a bowl game is how they played on the road, and that is 100% in favor of BYU.

dave11486
    dave11486's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    Only three favorites interest me at all, and this is one of them.
    May I ask what the other two are?

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Razz,

I too LOVED BYU in this game, but aren't you concerned with the problems in their secondary in this match-up? Not so sure I want to switch completely, but I'm a little hesitant to take the Cougars if they are going to field a bunch of inexperienced DBs against the speed and route running capabilities of the Oregon WRs.

Razz

Quote Originally Posted by dave11486
    May I ask what the other two are?
    Arkansas and Michigan (who isn't even favored any more).

dave11486

Razz,

You really like Michigan. I thought about it, and I think both teams might very well be overrated. Only thing that swayed me was Michigan's lack of success in bowl games in recent years. So, USC may surprise some people IMO.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

I played BYU last year against Cal and got the backdoor cover when they were down 10-14 points the entire game and looked overmatched on defense.

Is BYU that much better this season to be a favorite against a Pac-10 team? I'd lean toward Oregon plus the points.

Razz

OWNED, I know what you're saying, but I don't think BYU is going to win this game 20-13, I think we're going to score basically at will. Also, I think BYU's running game is one of the most underrated units in the nation and they will be able to tear apart that porous defense, and control the clock enough to at least keep Oregon around 21-24 points.
    Also, I despise the idea of taking a BCS team as a dog against a mid-major team, especially since we know all the motivation will lie with the team from the smaller conference.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

I'd take Lloyd Carr over Pete Carroll any day of the week. But I'm biased because I can't stand Pete Carroll.

I think Michigan will be ready to play. They were pasted by USC 3 years ago in the Rose Bowl and it might be payback time this year. I think Michigan is better.

Quote Originally Posted by dave11486
    Razz,

You really like Michigan. I thought about it, and I think both teams might very well be overrated. Only thing that swayed me was Michigan's lack of success in bowl games in recent years. So, USC may surprise some people IMO.

dave11486

I liked Michigan initially and then I put myself in their position and I honestly would have a hard time getting over missing a chance to play your arch rival for the title. I know that aspect of the game has been discussed, but I just find Michigan in the regular season to be a much superior team and to be dogs now says something. USC just needs to show up to play and I think they can put Michigan away early.